Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ugliest Bike Ever Made

Re: Ugliest Bike Ever Made

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    It's like its supposed to be some sort of modernized rendition of the Vincent Dark Knight... but after someone threw up on the design plans and they smudged to shit.
    I guess, a really bad interpretation of a Black Knight. To me the Vision is just an abomination of a motorcycle.

Here's a Black Knight that is at the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool, Texas (in the Hill Country west of Austin/San Antonio). It is a bit odd looking compared to other Vincents.

The unfortunate offspring of a drunken one night stand involving a Goldwing and a Reflex....
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post

The unfortunate offspring of a drunken one night stand involving a Goldwing and a Reflex....
    Great minds.... The PC was going to be my vote.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Agreed, they're sekzy! The brutale is just a beast!

MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1078rr
    2012 CBR1000rr Anniversary Edition

"keep your words soft and sweet as one day you may have to eat them" -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Those 3 bikes make my point!
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Harleys, all of em.

Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post

I read an article about the PC once that stated that it was designed by the Accord car design team.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I read an article about the PC once that stated that it was designed by the Accord car design team.
    As an added bonus, the optics on the stock windshield are such that if you park it just wrong in the sun, it can literally set fire to the instrument cluster/dashboard.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

looks a bit too much like this:

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Wow, does that Victory Vision weigh about 8000 pounds? Because it looks like it.

LMAO @ Prince's bike
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

saw this one last week. sorry for the shitty cell phone pic

1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by maktastik_jr. View Post
    idk. its a toss up between the dn01 or the vision.
    +1 to this. If I were Honda I'd disavow all knowledge of the DN-1 like George Lucas and the Star Wars christmas special.

I know it's a cult bike, but I think the Ducati Paul Smart is fugly.

Take your pick...

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    When it comes to naked bikes I have no taste for them. Dunno why, I just don't care for them.

Agreed. My taste is typically function over form, less is more, chrome dont get ya home. So in theory naked bikes should be right up my alley. Yet, I havent seen a single one that gets me excited.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post

Agreed. My taste is typically function over form, less is more, chrome dont get ya home. So in theory naked bikes should be right up my alley. Yet, I havent seen a single one that gets me excited.

That's exactly why I've love my nekkids... All function, not ridiculously shaped plastics covering all the working bits. If it doesn't make it go faster, turn sharper, or stop better, take it off!

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post

That's exactly why I've love my nekkids... All function, not ridiculously shaped plastics covering all the working bits. If it doesn't make it go faster, turn sharper, or stop better, take it off!
    Me too, can't explain why I like mine so much more than so many bikes with farings.

IMG_0092 by sparke16, on Flickr

IMG_0089 by sparke16, on Flickr
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

I've always read that the plastics do have funtion for aerodynamics. Exactly why you see all racebikes with plastics. So in theory they do make you go faster

My contribution to the thread:

Or this one (way to ruin a great bike)
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Sep 20th, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

+1 on nakeds:

But to be honest I like all sporting bikes

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I've always read that the plastics do have funtion for aerodynamics. Exactly why you see all racebikes with plastics. So in theory they do make you go faster
    I get the aero thing, but you're talking race bikes. I also understand how plastics play into cooling and air flow throughout the bike (S1000rr and Pinagale).

I'm thinking more real world, every day riding. How often do aero dynamics matter when you're tooling down Santa Fe on your way to work or heading to bike night?

Now long haul riding... that's a different story. I'll take wind protection over naked bike any day while touring. But, again, it's function over form.

I get the aero thing, but you're talking race bikes. I also understand how plastics play into cooling and air flow throughout the bike (S1000rr and Pinagale).

I'm thinking more real world, every day riding. How often do aero dynamics matter when you're tooling down Santa Fe on your way to work or heading to bike night?

Now long haul riding... that's a different story. I'll take wind protection over naked bike any day while touring. But, again, it's function over form.
    When you're my size the fairings do a limited amount for every day use and even touring, the ZX11 which usually send all the wind up into my shoulder/neck area probably wearing me out quicker, now I get no buffeting, just the same wind over a larger area (probably has the same tiring affect).

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

Just saying there is function to why they put them on bikes.

I have no experience since I have never owned a nekked bike, but I have rode a few of my bikes with no fairing and did see a difference in handling with them off. I am sure gas mileage comes into play also; wind resistance really affects mileage. If it didn't you wouldn't see every sport car made so aerodynamic...

That's true, I can't complain with 46mpg without trying for fuel econ, so unless you're above 100 a lot I doubt there's a huge difference.

That being said I don't think anyone is arguing there's a reason for necked versus faired, I'm just saying I don't find them all ugly, the Ducati Diavel on the other hand and several other naked bikes I'm not a huge fan of so I can see where people are coming from.

I probably feel the same about the faired sv650/1000 that people feel towards the naked version

Motos:
    Cars:

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Little View Post
    That's true, I can't complain with 46mpg without trying for fuel econ, so unless you're above 100 a lot I doubt there's a huge difference.

That being said I don't think anyone is arguing there's a reason for necked versus faired, I'm just saying I don't find them all ugly, the Ducati Diavel on the other hand and several other naked bikes I'm not a huge fan of so I can see where people are coming from.

I probably feel the same about the faired sv650/1000 that people feel towards the naked version
    yeah don't get me wrong...I like some nekked bikes and would never consider things like MPG either.