Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No bike, no ride, no membership. My $.02

Re: No bike, no ride, no membership. My $.02

[QUOTE=Cornfed;698791]
    On the other hand BWF throws mashups every couple of months and Madvlad is posting dinner rides all the time. I haven't been to one of them. Also didn't go to the BBQ last fall. My fault, my fault and my fault. Both are great chances to meet new and old club members, find some new riding buddies, and get a better feel for who makes up this club and put some faces with names. Having said that, I have had the chance to meet and ride with some great people that I otherwise would have never met.
    QUOTE]

I know what it is. Your going thru new dad syndrome. Been there x2

I know what it is. Your going thru new dad syndrome. Been there x2
    Its true.
    Since I am lucky enough to have talked a great woman into having my child, I was able to quit a 60hr a week job and become Mr. Mom. It will probably increase my post count and decrease my seat time. She did learn how to change oil in the DRZ yesterday though.

Must.......resist......urge.....to.....post.....pi ctures.....
    Last edited by Cornfed; Fri Sep 21st, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
    Too many long straights? Guess you need to get out of town and find those GOOD roads...

Haha get out more?? Bro after doing repo in co for five years there is not a town i have been to. Yes there is a few passes that would be good rides... wolf creek pass... im just not willing to ride for 6 hours for a little ride. Hey if you think those roads are great cool.

The rockys are okay. Yeah they are tall and all that but they have to many rolling hills. Most of our mountains like the sierras just come right out of the grounds. I will posts some vids next spring. We three passes in this area that go up to tahoe. We also have this awesome road in Virginia city called the truck route. Thats just a half hour away. People race their Ferraris on that road. No guard rails. Its fun. Also the run around tahoe is awesome. On the south west side semi trucks cant be on that because they would run cars over on the switch backs.

As you can see im not bashing on the co riding its just not that great. Its kind of lower level riding compared to other places.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    What did you move to the infield of Willow Springs?

Not from DC by any stretch of the imagination but I agree with this.

On the other hand BWF throws mashups every couple of months and Madvlad is posting dinner rides all the time. I haven't been to one of them. Also didn't go to the BBQ last fall. My fault, my fault and my fault. Both are great chances to meet new and old club members, find some new riding buddies, and get a better feel for who makes up this club and put some faces with names. Having said that, I have had the chance to meet and ride with some great people that I otherwise would have never met.
    But then again, its not a club its just an internet forum.
    Ya, Im rambling. Suck it.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Well its not really just a forum... knowledge is given here that could be worth more then anyone else coukd understand. We have people who do all kinds of different things for a living. Its a great place to just post up my computer broke. Car broke. Townie repod my fucking bike... asshole! Lol

Thats what makes it a cool place to stay in tune with. Great deals on everything from bike parts to hunting gear. Ideas on how to fix stuff. Its why i have stayed... well that and i like to ruffle feathers every now and then. Problem is most people inly ride for a year or two and then sell off the bike due to family or work things. After i started driving for a living it changed who i would ride with and how i would ride. I have to have a license free from tickets and that. One ticket for me means no more job.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Haha get out more?? Bro after doing repo in co for five years there is not a town i have been to. Yes there is a few passes that would be good rides... wolf creek pass... im just not willing to ride for 6 hours for a little ride. Hey if you think those roads are great cool.

The rockys are okay. Yeah they are tall and all that but they have to many rolling hills. Most of our mountains like the sierras just come right out of the grounds. I will posts some vids next spring. We three passes in this area that go up to tahoe. We also have this awesome road in Virginia city called the truck route. Thats just a half hour away. People race their Ferraris on that road. No guard rails. Its fun. Also the run around tahoe is awesome. On the south west side semi trucks cant be on that because they would run cars over on the switch backs.

As you can see im not bashing on the co riding its just not that great. Its kind of lower level riding compared to other places.
    If I read this last year, I would have said you're fuckin crazy. But after getting out to California this spring, I've come to realize that CO has the best scenery a guy could hope for but the roads really aren't THAT great.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Gold Member

Co does have some great scenic views. My only real complaint is the lack of water. With all the sbow and rain co gets i do not understand how there is no lakes. Sure theres a few but they are far away and very remote. Not exactly ideal for a last minute i want to go to the lake idea. Idk. Just wasnt for me.

I still want to check out the dragon tail or whatever its called. That run looks epic!

I would love to visit Cali on a 2 week ride. The front range is really as far west as Ive ever been.

I have a buddy that lives in the Ozarks in northern AR that I visit from time to time. Beautiful riding out there as well. If you have never heard of The Pigtrail might wanna check it out on your way to Deals Gap.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/20...kansas-23.html
    Last edited by Cornfed; Fri Sep 21st, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Gold Member

Here is a stretch on that vc route. Its a very small stretch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkCDC...e_gdata_player

Deals gap/ tail of dragon is on the list, heard is just pure awesome. Almost went out there for the yearly SOUSA meet (Skyline Owners USA) last year.

Gold Member

You have a skyline??

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    You have a skyline??
    No lol, one can only wish but few local buddies do own them and offered if I wanted to tag along.

Gold Member

Okay i can still talk to you. You tell your buddies i hate them.

Why?

Gold Member

I want one. Lol

Who doesn't haha, I'd love me a R34 Nur III VSPEC but they're more illegal than cocaine here in the U.S haha... I'd be content with a R32 though R33 is my favorite style body.

I've ridden quite a bit on the Cali coast roads
    I go to Deals Gap usually once a year.. anyone up for a trip next spring hit me up
    Ridden all over N arkansas and S Missouri.. some good stuff there as well

There are plenty of really good roads in CO, without miles of straights to get to them.

But one persons "great" road the next guy might not like. Guess its apples and oranges. I like taking off and doing 300-400 miles and not having to hit the same road twice. Around here, out of that 400 miles there "might" be 50 that aren't "good".

Heck, I've got two excellent, tight, technical roads within 15 miles of my driveway..
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Who doesn't haha, I'd love me a R34 Nur III VSPEC but they're more illegal than cocaine here in the U.S haha... I'd be content with a R32 though R33 is my favorite style body.
    Yeah that r34 is damn sexy!!