Thread: New KTM 1190Adv

New KTM 1190Adv

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive..._Adventure.htm

I know there are a few people on here who like the adventure bikes, so I thought I'd post this up. Personally, I'm a little disappointed. The jury is out until I can see/ride one in person.

- 17" rear wheel (Non-R model)
    - No protection underneath
    - crash bars don't look like they really protect the fairings
    - massive exhaust
    - looks like a BMW rear end
    - the front fender is still low
    - and what's up with those front brake lines?

I bet it rides really nicely....on the road

Re: New KTM 1190Adv

Yep... KTM officially sold their soul to the idea of the sport tourer...

That being said, I like it!

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    That being said, I like it!
    You would!

It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up once the rubber starts hitting the road against, what I consider to be, it's prime competitors (VFR, Strada, GS, Tenere, etc.)

I figured it would be a bit lighter, but it weighs the same as the duc. (50Lbs lighter than the GS).
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up once the rubber starts hitting the road against, what I consider to be, it's prime competitors (VFR, Strada, GS, Tenere, etc.)
    I would say this models direct competitors are:
    Direct:
    - GS1200
    - Super Tenere

Secondary:
    - Tiger explorer
    - Stelvio
    - Multistrada (maybe)

Not sure about the VFR? it doesn't have any off-road capabilities. With a bigger engine and lees off-road oriented, I think they are losing relation to the F800GS and Tiger 800. It'll be interesting to see how it handles with the redesigned gas tanks. It doesn't say much about the suspension either...

That exhaust is a joke. The front still has that KTM 990 look from the side. Maybe they'll make a more offroad version too, like the two different Tiger 800's
    To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive

Hyper 1100
    KTM 450 XCW

That might have to find it's way to the ugly bike thread
    To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins,... ..we show them that the human spirit is still alive

Hyper 1100
    KTM 450 XCW

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

It looks like an angular V Strom = Fugly!

CC's go up, weight goes up, practicality goes down.

Unless you are like 90% of "adventure" riders and never leave the pavement.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*