Thread: Walden Sand Dunes (North Sand Hills)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Walden Sand Dunes (North Sand Hills)

I like this place. I managed to pull my quad in the sand with my lowered integra! But i did get stuck twice and had to get pulled out by modded jeeps and side by sides haha.

I have a good story to go with the trip though!
    So I was 5 miles away from the dunes and blew a tire on the trailer. it was right next to a 20 foot cliff as well..

So i drove about 8 miles back to town and found a mechanic who loaned me tools to go take off the lugs (car wrench was like 1 mm too small -.-). So i drove 8 miles backt to my car and it wasnt the right size. Went back to mechanic and got the right size. Drove back to the trailer and pulled the wheels off to go get them changed. I left the trailer on jacks cause I figured it wouldnt go anywhere without wheels.

So i went back to the mechanic and could not find ANY tires that fit, I thought i was screwed. Then the mechanic mentioned we could use his welding machines tires. So we pulled them off and took 3 hours to get them on since they were to small for the rims (but the eventually fit). So I drove back with the wheels to find this...

I cant even tell you have confused and pissed i was. I found out someone LITERALLY pushed my trailer off the edge, because I had tools on the side of the road and they were down the hill too. Wind couldnt have done that...

I pulled the trailer down the hill and put the wheels on, then pulled the trailer back on the wheels.

I was able to hook up a chain to my quad and tow the trailer over the 3 foot bushes, back onto the street.

Luckily there wasnt too much damage.

Otherwise, I had an epic weekend!
    Last edited by Ph03niX; Mon Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
    06 GSXR 750