Thread: Looking for a sales person

Looking for a sales person

Please see attached ad and pm me if you are interested. Thank you.

http://denver.craigslist.org/sls/3286814578.html

Re: Looking for a sales person

It'd help a whole lot if you outlined your company a little. Size, what you do, goals, etc. when I read an article like that it makes it appear like the employer doesn't want you to know what they do until you've already done a lot of work and are less-likely to turn it down (Something like telemarketing or door-to-door).

I'm not interested, just trying to help

What's the pay range?
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Kirby sales? Lol
    2006 Lexus GX470
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    2007 Ducati M695
    1994 Yamaha TZ250 (track smoker)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It'd help a whole lot if you outlined your company a little. Size, what you do, goals, etc. when I read an article like that it makes it appear like the employer doesn't want you to know what they do until you've already done a lot of work and are less-likely to turn it down (Something like telemarketing or door-to-door).
    That's exactly what it is

This job posting is for a tile and grout cleaning company that I own. We have been in business for 8 years now. I am looking specifically for a person who can help grow my business in the commercial sector as there is a huge opportunity for growth. If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity please contact me and I would be happy to discuss the position and/or company further with you. Thank you.

Gold Member

Before you hire a sales person have you tryd to do this on your own? Cold calling is still alive and well to this day.

One thing a sales person will tell you is that you need to stick out from your competition. No sales person can tell YOU how to do that. They may have ideas but they are just ideas. One thing i did that is unheard of in the repo business is i worked for the close not the recovery. We always try to keep the debtors and banks happy. This works well. People are all around happy.

So you know your job. You know your company. Now put together your sales packet. I recommend doing it on the computer so you can email it. Have in there who you are and what you are about. Sont get long winded with it. Short and sweet. State your experience. Give some pics from some custom jobs. Above all make it all look different. Ever notice how the carpet and tile displays at home depo and other places all look the same? You have to stand out from your competition.

Maybe even do a little dirty work and call some competitors and ask for their prices. See how they try to sales talk you. For sure dont ever tell them it was you. Lol

Just some ideas as a decent sales person is a nightmare to find. Good luck with it.

Why is everyone on CSC out for argument these days? It doesnt seem like ou can make a post without someone telling you to do it differently. could post my favorite color and get a dozen different responses as to why its the wrong choice and what I should change it to.

Aaron has been in business for 8 years. He has obviously been doing a great job on his own to have built his business to the point that he is ready to expand. He's looking for someone to add to his team. It wasn't a post asking IF he should hire someone new, or how he should he go about it, or what else can he do instead. It's a post looking for someone to add to his growing business.

So.

1. if you are a sales person looking for a new gig and are interested in what Aaron has to say, give him a call. Maybe hiring you will free him to focus on other areas of the business. Maybe now he can cut down response times, and job completion times, improve his already good customer service. All with out having to worry about if he is making enough time for marketing and losing business because he is focusing on current customer needs.

2. If you are not a sales person. Wish him luck in his search and keep your ears open for people to send his way. Maybe your friend Bob IS in sales and would be interested in this new opportunity.

Gold Member

Lol

It didn't look like anyone was arguing, but a good post anyway Reyvan. Good luck with your business Aaron.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    It didn't look like anyone was arguing, but a good post anyway Reyvan. Good luck with your business Aaron.
    Yeah, I agree. Just so much of it lately. Finally got to me :/

What's the pay range?
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Best of luck, Aaron, growth is a great problem to have. Do you guys have a website?
    Steve Clark
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
    My Bike Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Stinky View Post
    Best of luck, Aaron, growth is a great problem to have. Do you guys have a website?
    http://www.advantagetile.com/index.htm

To start, the pay will be commission based.

http://www.advantagetile.com/contact.htm "through 2006" ? Needs some updates. Where are you located, etc? People want to know these kinds of things. They want to see pictures of your smiling faces. We are a locally owned company serving Colorado since ..... blah, blah, blah
    Steve Clark
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
    My Bike Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    To start, the pay will be commission based.
    What is the commission rate and projected sales?
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

Aaron,

I'm very interested, & currently available to work anytime. Do you provide any leads? I've sent you a PM, please let me know where to send my resume.
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad