Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
I'm serious man, reason why I backed out of the CBR600RR race bike because economically for me at this point to race is just not even an option and nothing but a daydream. I am driven and make things happen on tight budget as I've been doing for years but I don't do miracles plus gotta count with the unexpected stuff, not only the base costs you have put down on paper. Just had a cold head and didn't let my love for bikes and speed carry me, gotta be realistic sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
The reality is it comes down to what you want to spend and the resources you have. We have local racers that will spend what an AMA team will spend on their club racing effort. But that is not the norm. You can do it cheap by running the 250 class or picking up a bike like the F2 that Bueller found.
This is what Amber's 250 effort cost this past season-

Tires: $150 (2 sets of used take offs)
Entrance Fees: $1750
Bike: $3500 purchase new 2009
General equip: $0 (i have everything)
New gear: $800 (used leathers, new boots, helmet gloves)
Bike mods: $1200
Pump Fuel: $125

In comparison, this is what my effort cost in 2008 when I got the #3 plate,(and there were plenty of others that spent much more than I did):
Tires: $8000
Entrance Fees: $2300
Bike: $10000 purchase new 2005
General equip: $4000
New gear: $2000
Bike mods: $12000
Race Fuel: $1200
Ummm yea this proves my point above lol... Just on your expenses you threw out almost what I make a year lol.... Crazy. Hopefully someday I'll be there but if not well there's always lapping days for some good ol' fashioned fun!