Thread: Total Fluid Overhall + Swap Brake Lines... Estimated Price/Recommendations?

Question Total Fluid Overhall + Swap Brake Lines... Estimated Price/Recommendations?

Back story: So my new baby ('03 R6) has been great to me, however I think she is suffering from unchanged fluid(s). I have the know-how to change the oil and coolant, but not the brake fluid. Therefore, I'd rather have a shop just do it all at once to save me the time and effort of dealing with removing fairings and fvcking with filling and draining.

I'm guessing she needs fresh oil, coolant, and brake fluid. In addition to that, I somehow sneaked in on a last minute R6-Forum group order from Italy for a set of Fren Tubo's for my bike! They just arrived in the mail, and I'm excited to have them installed!

Actual Thread Topic: Does anyone have any idea how much it'd cost to have fresh oil, coolant and brake fluid changed, in addition to swapping my old OEM brake lines for a race version/aftermarket set?

In terms of cost of parts (fluids) and labor... what am I looking at?

Also, where would you guys recommend I go? (/shop recommendation?)

Thanks as always!
    -Chris
    (77O-six55-3O35) '03 R6 (new baby) / '03 SV650 (sold) Almond Imaging Photography

Re: Total Fluid Overhall + Swap Brake Lines... Estimated Price/Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by ATL View Post

In terms of cost of parts (fluids) and labor... what am I looking at?

Also, where would you guys recommend I go? (/shop recommendation?)

Thanks as always!
    -Chris
    did my clutch break and oil change at tfog thats where i would tell ya to go
    fast and his price is hard to beat think he still does a csc discount you can call and he will qoute you over phone. i would tell you what i paid but i also did some other modding to the bike and dont remember the break down of prices
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Faster motorsport does fantastic work. Tfog is also good

I have the same bike and I can tell you that doing the brakes is a good one to learn because it's simple once you've done it once. You only need to remove the lower right fairing, and the upper right hand guard type thing to do all 3 fluids on your bike

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

No idea on cost, but based on where you live you should give Jim at TFOG a ring. Great shop, great owner, long time CSC supporter

http://www.tfogracing.com/

Hey, how much did you ended up paying for those Fren Tubos? I keep missing those group buys on there, and I'm wondering if it's significant.

Epic Motosports is up on the North side.

Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    Hey, how much did you ended up paying for those Fren Tubos? I keep missing those group buys on there, and I'm wondering if it's significant.
    $116 shipped from Italy.

Granted, it did take two full months to get here.,
    -Chris
    (77O-six55-3O35) '03 R6 (new baby) / '03 SV650 (sold) Almond Imaging Photography

I went to Tubes and Hoses in Loveland and got my lines made up right there. With the linked brakes system on a VFR there is something like 18ft of line so going braided can have a difference.

I found his pricing to be better than Galfer and the other popular sources

1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Ah, nice. Now I want a pair. Unfortunately, I just got a pair of used ss lines.

$116 shipped from Italy.

Granted, it did take two full months to get here.,
    -Chris

Brake fluid/lines is almost as easy as the coolant. Just get some speed bleeders or do it the old fashioned way.

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    Brake fluid/lines is almost as easy as the coolant. Just get some speed bleeders or do it the old fashioned way.
    Yup! And dont get that shit (brake fluid) on anything!!!!!!
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I have the know-how to change the oil and coolant, but not the brake fluid.
    I really enjoy teaching/showing people how easy this stuff is, if you're interested.

The brakes are as easy as the stuff you already know how to do. If you don't trust me, my wife can show how to do it as well... for real!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

You can also look online for videos on how to do it. SportBikeTrack Gear has a video where they changed the brake fluid on a r6 i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkxcQzhgJLU&feature=plcp

Also check out the forum for your bike - Gixxer forum has a really good tutorial that I used to bleed my fluid.

found one for you
    http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160449