Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yeah joke... Parking in hashes.

Angry Yeah joke... Parking in hashes.

Ok quick question, who DOESN'T park in hashes? Motorcycles come with rockstar parking benefits. I'm just curious...

Re: Yeah joke... Parking in hashes.

Someone kick the 1199? Do u need me to come down there and hurt them?

If someone were to put their hands on MY bike and try to stuff a ticket in there, I'm just saying I'd be mad. But of course this hasn't happened...

Did you get a ticket?

a part of hell where its always warm and the roads are to die for

i do park in hash and all over where ever i want, one thing to remember is if its in a parking lot cops "cant" ticket you because its private prop. one way they can is if its a marked "no parking" or "Fire lane"

Well, for this particular individual, there were no posted signs in a parking lot. If this were to happen, it would probably blow off of the bike and be lost forever anyway.
    Last edited by TransNone13; Wed Oct 31st, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

That's retarded, cops need to find a life or real things to occupy their time with. You park in hashes then people bitch but you also take a full spot and then they bitch too... I had that problem constantly at my old place and some of the King Soopers but never a ticket.

Carson had motorcycle spots and they never ticketed for this. It's because we have fucking rent-a-cops instead of MP's. And MP's have lost their way if they were to do it; I fucking work hard for a living... I park in hashes because they DO bitch about taking fulls.
    Last edited by TransNone13; Wed Oct 31st, 2012 at 06:41 PM.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I don't, just because they are generally for the extra area to accomodate people with special needs. Vehicles with wheelchair ramps, etc...

Generally.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

Thats pretty lame but i have noticed over the years some riders seem to park however they want. Got into it with a rider that left his pile right in the middle of wheelchair ramp. Not at the bottom. Not at the top. Not to the left or right. Right in the middle. I think its assholes like that that make trouble for others.

I dont park in those. The ones on the end not next to the handicap spots. I can see the sense in those cases. And, there's something wrong about touching somebody else's bike.
    Last edited by TransNone13; Wed Oct 31st, 2012 at 06:57 PM.

Yea if its a handicapped area I'll respect that and park else where but there are other areas that are hashed off in a non handicap area and ppl still whine lol

Gold Member

Oh and btw not ALL parking lots are privately owned. If the city owns it they can ticket it.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yea if its a handicapped area I'll respect that and park else where but there are other areas that are hashed off in a non handicap area and ppl still whine lol
    I once parked at the bicycle thing. I was having issues with a parking lot so i parked it like a bicycle. Even chained the front. Lol. That ended all that. Parking for bikes sucks sometimes.

Haha now that I wanted to try always, maybe next bike I get lol

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    I dont park in those. The ones on the end not next to the handicap spots. I can see the sense in those cases. And, there's something wrong about touching somebody else's bike.

My bad. Didnt mean for you to think i was saying YOU. Just saying the assholes fuck it up for the ones that use their heads. And yeah touching someone elses bike is a big no no.

At the Parker Walmart I always park by the bicycle rack. I stay far enough away to not interfere with the bikes and have never had an issue (not that I am a Walmart regular) I will park in triangle shaped hashes at the end of a row but never next to a handicapped spot.

I take up a full because otherwise chances are good your bike is gonna get hit, some douche will kick it over, or you'll get ticketed. I just park at the outer edge of the spot so nobody can fly in and hit my bike saying they didn't see it.

That said, if anyone goes to UCCS, good luck with the bike parking there, it's a joke! Some lots you can park in the hashes, some you can't, and there's one corner of one floor of the parking garage you can park in. And even though you have a full permit you've paid for, you'd better not park in a full spot.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

The individual said the court date was not listed on the ticket, nor was their a plate number, and will wait to see if a date comes in the mail (even though he doesn't live at the registered address and has a license in another state). Fuck you cop. That's what he said...

I work out at Schriever, and they highly frown upon parking in hashes out here. I got a verbal warning from a couple security forces peeps when I did it this summer. They have motorcycle parking spaces here, full-sized spaces too, BUT they let cars park in them, even though they're "reserved" for motorcyclists.... It's all BS though, really. If I go to the supermarket or WalMart or something like that, I park on the sidewalk next to the building. There's always tons of space, I never get hassled, and when I leave I feel like I'm in one of those action movies where they ride on the sidewalk to shake the Fuzz!! hahaha WIN/WIN
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

YOURE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

IIRC, you risk a fire truck or ambulance clipping your bike in many hashed locations. If they need to make the turn, I bet they will not think twice about trashing your illegally parked vehicle. YMMV.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    The individual said the court date was not listed on the ticket, nor was their a plate number, and will wait to see if a date comes in the mail (even though he doesn't live at the registered address and has a license in another state). Fuck you cop. That's what he said...
    Hey now Mr Army Man ;-)

Depending on how insistent the issuing agency is on collection, you may or may not get away with it. At my old college, we ignored you until your 5th ticket. At that time we put a boot on your car, ID'ed you, then collected. However a local Police Department I know of puts a warrant out on the first ticket.

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    I take up a full because otherwise chances are good your bike is gonna get hit, some douche will kick it over, or you'll get ticketed. I just park at the outer edge of the spot so nobody can fly in and hit my bike saying they didn't see it.

That said, if anyone goes to UCCS, good luck with the bike parking there, it's a joke! Some lots you can park in the hashes, some you can't, and there's one corner of one floor of the parking garage you can park in. And even though you have a full permit you've paid for, you'd better not park in a full spot.
    No joke there! Of course, the only time I took a full spot in the parking garage is on the paid parking floor when I didn't have a pass. Parking on level 2 can be a pain, but level 4 is usually wide open. One time a UCCS rent-a-cop gave my bike a ticket because he was too lazy to check my front forks for the pass. Wasted his time writing the ticket, and my time taking a picture and explaining to the parking office that I did have a pass.

This all boils down to, what ever happened to treating people like people? How you want to be treated... I won't go any further, but that's the damn truth.