So I finally have approval by the Domestic Manager to look seriously at getting a dirt bike.

I have all street experience, simply never really rode on the dirt, therefore this will be a new experience.

Thoughts on what I will do with it. I don't see much racing, trying to get 30 ft of air, going to crazy for now. I do see the desire to ride trails, get into areas I can't get into with my streetbike. While I may trailer it to the trails, I think I like the option of being able to ride to the trail heads and be able to take it out around on pavement. I really like the idea of getting back into racing, perhaps a couple learning years on a dirt bike will move me into supermoto, etc.....

How many people found they never actually ride their trail bike on the pavement? Is this a desire that never truly is needed?

Carbs vs FI, I have never had to work with carbs. Sure I can learn, but is it just easiest to get FI and never worry?

I want to keep price down, this is learner to see how much I will truly like dirtbikes, so should I just buck up and deal with carbs? How much of a PITA is a carbed bike?

Being 200 lbs + and 6'3, too big isn't an issue, but too small could be.

So with all that, what answers info is out there? What are some model options?

Didn't see anything in the dirt forums along these lines of questions. Confession, I didn't search though, the 15 search wait gets old.

Thanks