Thread: Paint.

Paint.

Hey guys. I am looking to get a custom full fairing kit for my SV:S. That is getting just the lower for 310 from 2wheeljunkie or a full set of upper and lower for 379 from kg-cycles (+40 if i have them cut the lights).

But, my major issue is to get the paint to match the stock paint. They came out with two reds for the 01 and i am not sure what they consider mine. So i may change the color entirely if i get a full set that needs painted...

To the point. Where is a good place to get my bike painted that is good quality? Prices would be apprectiated if you have a place in mind.

http://www.2wheeljunkie.com/store/scripts/default.asp
    http://www.kgcycles.com/prod01.htm

And if you have any other places with nice kits please leave that info if you have it also, painted or not. But paint is the thing stopping me here. Thanks for the help.

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

http://www.morsefiberglass.com/mcf_h...aint_menu.html

I've been to the shop and seen a lot of their work at the track, the quality is superb. Call and tell them what you need for a quote.
    Joe
    MRA #59

Re: Paint.

No way can i afford that much of extra money. Im a poor college student.

Thanks for the reply though.

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar
    PM silvbullit, he does great work I've heard, he's going to be painting my f4i here in the next week or so. Quite reasonably priced as well.

Good luck, post some pics up when you get it done.

--Brian
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Thats more like it. Lets get it done and look hot with a nice kit for a little cheaper. No paint costs 800 and i know its not that hard...I have thought about doing it myself. Getting paint matched, wet sand it, color match spray, and clear coat it. My dad said he would help.

Extra info would be apprectiated. And does that KG Cycles kit need anything? Do i need brackets? Anything else to put these on. I dont have them, but i am in the process of convincing my mother to get them for me as a gift so that i can use my money to ski my life away.

We will see how it goes, thanks for the replies.

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

I think that you have misinterpreted the price sheet on the internet. $800.00 is for an entire sport bike prep and paint. For the parts you are requesting would be far less than that. shoot me a call and let me quote it. No hard sells here. We guarantee our paint work. You will not be disappointed.

I know i wont be Morse. But i dont have 800 dollors. Whatever prep consists of. And i need all off it painted, minus the Plus 50 this, plus 50 that, type of things. Quote what? You know what i have, you see the links i posted. You cant quote me on that info?

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

AKA "Devaclis"
    I had Silvbullet paint my tail. VERY happy with it. VERY innexpensive too! I am having him do my tank and front fender sometime soon. As soon as I ca nbe without the bike for a little bit
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I will give him a holler as well as seeing what morse wants to give me.

Edit. He has not been on for a long time.. So i used his email. Maybe i will get a price from him. Thanks guys.

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

PM Sent

Use Morse... and you will get what you want!
    Or use someone else and get a half ass job and then spend extra on stickers trying to cover it up. Morse has done both my last two paint jobs on my Race bikes and they have been kick ass.

Do it right or regret it later.

Mike

Really, consider Morse for paint. You get what you pay for. Their work is top notch and their prices are fair.
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI

Here is another post about paint

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=612

mike
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

Another +1 for Morse paint! I've yet to see anything come out of there looking bad.

You want people to look at your bike and say "Damn that's nice", not "Dam Aaron, wtf did you do?".

That is true Ralph and you others. However, morse just quoted me double what SilvBullet wants. And silvbullet has done awesome work as well. And being poor and young, i am kinda stuck. Sure, i want awesome paint that will be bad ass. I have always been one to say get the best of the best if you are going to get something. So i am stuck. And it comes down to how much my parents are going to help me. If they dont wanna help me at all, im kinda stuck. If they help me some, then i have a little breathing room.

I dont have the kit yet, so i still have to get that. Untill then, i have to figure out what my parents will help me with.

Im poor, go to college, work at kmart, have other bills, im kinda stuck here. But as i said, we will see depending on what my parents can help me with the kit, and i will the see what i even have the possibilty to do.

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote Originally Posted by Zanos";p="231004
    That is true Ralph and you others. However, morse just quoted me double what SilvBullet wants. And silvbullet has done awesome work as well. And being poor and young, i am kinda stuck. Sure, i want awesome paint that will be bad ass. I have always been one to say get the best of the best if you are going to get something. So i am stuck. And it comes down to how much my parents are going to help me. If they dont wanna help me at all, im kinda stuck. If they help me some, then i have a little breathing room.

I dont have the kit yet, so i still have to get that. Untill then, i have to figure out what my parents will help me with.

Im poor, go to college, work at kmart, have other bills, im kinda stuck here. But as i said, we will see depending on what my parents can help me with the kit, and i will the see what i even have the possibilty to do.

So are you tryin to tell us yer stuck?
    Just kidding man.. im sure it will all work out for you.

I am stuck. I gotta get the kit, then go from there...

It sucks.

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

So don't get the kit yet, save up your $$ til you can afford the kit AND good paint
    Jon

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by *MV* #33";p="230966
    Use Morse... and you will get what you want!
    Or use someone else and get a half ass job and then spend extra on stickers trying to cover it up. Morse has done both my last two paint jobs on my Race bikes and they have been kick ass.

Do it right or regret it later.

Mike
    I agree, but Morse is not the only good painter out there. Quality does not always = more money. And just because a painter is not Morse, does not mean they do half ass work. I am very happy with the serivce and quality I recieved from Silvbullet, so are others.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess";p="231042
    So don't get the kit yet, save up your $$ til you can afford the kit AND good paint
    I can pay for that. But i dont have money flowing out of my ears. So i need to decide if it is worth the extra money and what the difference really will be. And the kit can be payed for, i just have to order, and if my parents help, that would be grand.

Where is Morse located anyway?

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

I think most of us can relate to not having $$ flowing out of our ears You picked an expensive hobby my friend....

If you can get your parents to help out, more power to ya! If not, you seriously might consider waiting to get the kit til you can afford paint.

Morse is located at
    Morse Racing Products, Inc
    3105 N. Cascade Ave. #203
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907
    http://www.morsefiberglass.com/mcf_h...f_contact.html
    Jon