Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking of getting a SuMo

Re: Thinking of getting a SuMo

So why not start somewhere and build your way up with the BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    So why not start somewhere and build your way up with the BMW?
    That may be a plan eventually, but for the time being I want to get comfortable on a bike that I don't have to worry about crashing.

So I guess I am confused. If you are scared of wrecking this BMW then why do you ride it? Also just because you are at a track does not mean you have to ride at 100 percent. you CAN show up and ride at your own comfortable level.

+1^

You can ride my DRZ, so long as I get to ride the RR.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Sun Nov 11th, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I seriously don't understand how difficult this is to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    So I guess I am confused. If you are scared of wrecking this BMW then why do you ride it? Also just because you are at a track does not mean you have to ride at 100 percent. you CAN show up and ride at your own comfortable level.
    I don't know where my limits are. I want to find them. Doing this means wrecking. I don't want to wreck the RR.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    +1^

You can ride my DRZ, so long as I get to ride the RR.
    That's a deal I'd be willing to make, so long as your riding the RR doesn't include crashing it. And if it does, it also includes you buying said RR

The RR is insured and I'll leave it at that. You've been acting very strange with the new bike. lol
    Last edited by TransNone13; Sun Nov 11th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

Crashing makes you a better rider

You are thinking waaay to deep into this, you need to learn how to ride in general that's how you get better i suggest talking with Rybo, or Bueller they know there stuff and are very good at explaining body positioning and handeling your bike.

Or go crash someone else's bike and see how that works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    The RR is insured and I'll leave it at that. You've been acting very strange with the new bike. lol
    It is, but then my insurance goes up! I'll let anybody ride it I'm not really too picky about that, Clovis and I traded bikes and he was out of my sight in seconds! But a few laps around the track is going to make me uneasy haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    Crashing makes you a better rider

You are thinking waaay to deep into this, you need to learn how to ride in general that's how you get better i suggest talking with Rybo, or Bueller they know there stuff and are very good at explaining body positioning and handeling your bike.

Or go crash someone else's bike and see how that works out for you.
    I ride very well, in my opinion of course, I'm just not very fast. I'm not confident enough to corner nearly as quickly as the bike is capable of, and I want to be. I want my "weak link" to be the bike, not me. Right now, the bike can outperform me in every single way. I've been lucky enough to get some good instruction from CSC riders, but I still lack confidence. To get that, I need a bike that I won't be scared to go down when I start pushing the limits.

Just go out there and have fun man. The TC will help you out for sure before you end up losing the rear end. IDK how the ABS works on the BMW, but with the Ducati it only works on the front in race mode. I'm actually going to a kart track next weekend. It's obviously short, but very technical. Should really help with the fundamentals.

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    Just go out there and have fun man. The TC will help you out for sure before you end up losing the rear end. IDK how the ABS works on the BMW, but with the Ducati it only works on the front in race mode. I'm actually going to a kart track next weekend. It's obviously short, but very technical. Should really help with the fundamentals.
    I guess my biggest worry is that I go into a corner at a speed that I feel is too hot (Even though it isn't). Instead of just leaning over and pushing it through the corner, I get straight up and stand on the brakes because I'm scared. If I had a cheap Sumo or 250, I think I'd be able to really elevate my cornering speeds, as I wouldn't have that fear of crashing.

I really just want to know how fast these bikes are capable of cornering, how far I can lean them over. I know this depends on a lot of things, but to get a decent idea is what I want. I see SV650's and FJR's grinding footpegs, and I've never even come close to doing that.

You have no idea how many times I ran off without going down. That's an option too lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Kg2fCtE_g

There's a good one, lol.

You will never ride anything to "it's" full potential, you will always be the weak link, either from poor technique or you survival instinct taking over.
    If people are dragging pegs on your rides in the canyons they are more than likely riding with poor body position that causes too much lean angle, this will probably end up in them crashing in the future. The goal is not to see how far you can lean a bike but how to go through a turn as fast as you can with as little lean angle as possible.
    You do not have to crash to learn how to corner but you do have to go through a learning period. It will not come to you in a track day or two. It is a constant learning process.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    You will never ride anything to "it's" full potential, you will always be the weak link, either from poor technique or you survival instinct taking over.
    If people are dragging pegs on your rides in the canyons they are more than likely riding with poor body position that causes too much lean angle, this will probably end up in them crashing in the future. The goal is not to see how far you can lean a bike but how to go through a turn as fast as you can with as little lean angle as possible.
    You do not have to crash to learn how to corner but you do have to go through a learning period. It will not come to you in a track day or two. It is a constant learning process.
    THIS

Damn dude, you think way too much about crashing. Read Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch, and then read it again. $22 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Riding-T.../dp/1893618072
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Only slow people ride sumos.

Boss Hogg 4 lyfe.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

The goal is not to see how far you can lean a bike but how to go through a turn as fast as you can with as little lean angle as possible. It is a constant learning process.
    This last year I have come full circle and have a small "chicken strip" left on my rear tire. I'm riding as fast if not faster than I ever have on the street, just doing it with better posture and less lean angle.
    Still learning. Damn I miss the SV650 on the track!
    Oh wait, is that gay? Or just the 250's?
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

SV's aren't gay, they are beginners/girls bikes.

We all know you're no beginner. Show us your tits!

All I got

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Sweet, then we are on the correct bikes, eh Bueller?
    Crap, I just typed eh. Been up north by Canada to long this year.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Are you touching your nipple at me?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    Sweet, then we are on the correct bikes, eh Bueller?
    Crap, I just typed eh. Been up north by Canada to long this year.
    Yep them big boy bikes are just too fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Are you touching your nipple at me?
    Just for you my sweet

LOLZ

I feel like that pic is from 1990.