Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HPR Dec 2 lapping day

Re: HPR Dec 2 lapping day

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    They just need a 10 signup minimum for the track to open for the day during the winter. Car guys get the minimum all the time. Bikes don't. They really don't staff any different for 10 than they would for 50. The problem is getting the minimum. If you pay as a walkup it is $10 more, so early online signup is the financially prudent thing to do.
    Correct. Ten riders ($1000 gross) is roughly our "break even" point by the time I pay the hourly staff and the ambulance, and I'm happy to run the day at zero profit if it means ten people come out and had fun. However, I cannot justify running it at negative profit, hence the minimum of ten or else we cancel. Some have suggested avoiding the hard costs by not having workers or an ambulance. I refuse to do that, I feel doing so provides a substandard product to the customers and puts the customers at risk. It also puts the existence of the track at risk, as running in such a manner could be considered negligent.

We don't have the minimum requirement during the summer simply because it's virtually a given that any day we're open we will get enough customers to cover our costs. During the winter that isn't the case, especially on motorcycle days.
    Last edited by The GECCO; Sat Dec 1st, 2012 at 08:06 PM.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Nuff said
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Dec 2nd, 2012 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    Very few people what?
    how about punch card peeps, do they all pre-register ? make that registry mandatory for all with that if they miss it , they can pick other day, I mean like some preregistry mandatory sheet on web , table and phone #
    Last edited by Radek; Sun Dec 2nd, 2012 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO View Post
    Correct. Ten riders ($1000 gross) is roughly our "break even" point by the time I pay the hourly staff and the ambulance, and I'm happy to run the day at zero profit if it means ten people come out and had fun. However, I cannot justify running it at negative profit, hence the minimum of ten or else we cancel. Some have suggested avoiding the hard costs by not having workers or an ambulance. I refuse to do that, I feel doing so provides a substandard product to the customers and puts the customers at risk. It also puts the existence of the track at risk, as running in such a manner could be considered negligent.

We don't have the minimum requirement during the summer simply because it's virtually a given that any day we're open we will get enough customers to cover our costs. During the winter that isn't the case, especially on motorcycle days.
    in summer if rain can come any day people can preregister and pay and then if rain comes thay can pick other day, instead talking week before how its gonna rain

Whut???????????
    If the track is open why would they turn people away because they didn't preregister?
    It is simple, wanna ride, preregister by noon on Friday. If you use a punch or previous credit, email trackmanager@hpr.com and let him know you plan to attend to get counted towards the minimum. It ain't rocket science.

This is epic

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Some have suggested avoiding the hard costs by not having workers or an ambulance. I refuse to do that, I feel doing so provides a substandard product to the customers and puts the customers at risk.

Thank you Glenn!

Some of you have been around long enough to remember how "test and tune" days have been run in Colorado in the past. No workers, no ambulance, sometimes no one else even at the track. I fully agree with Glenn that this puts the riders who participate in those days at risk, especially given that HPR is nearly an hour from the nearest ER equipped for the kind of trauma we create for ourselves when we fall down.

I will gladly pay a little more per day and sign up early on the days I can attend to assure that this level of service remains available.

Nice, I would'nt feel safe if their was no ambulance or marshals keeping a close eye on the riders.
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

I wouldnt ride without proper staffing and EMT's, no way no how. Do sure appreciate the fact that HPR takes care of people/riders

off topic, but simce this thread is dead anyway...will HPR hold a customer appreciation day again this year, weather permitting??

Quote Originally Posted by jgixxer1 View Post
    off topic, but simce this thread is dead anyway...will HPR hold a customer appreciation day again this year, weather permitting??
    Oh yea, this

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

It's in the HPR calendar, look between Xmas and new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    It is simple, wanna ride, preregister by noon on Friday. If you use a punch or previous credit, email trackmanager@hpr.com and let him know you plan to attend to get counted towards the minimum. It ain't rocket science.
    Actually, there's a new system this year. Rather than email, on the registration page there is an option to register with a card/credit by filling out an online form.

Either way, it's pretty simple...
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jgixxer1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    It's in the HPR calendar, look between Xmas and new year.

I forgot about that. Damir let me get my leathers back

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I forgot about that. Damir let me get my leathers back
    Never! ... Its being held for ransom and the ransom is a duke R ... Lmk when you'll be home and I'll drop by.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post

Thank you Glenn!

Some of you have been around long enough to remember how "test and tune" days have been run in Colorado in the past. No workers, no ambulance, sometimes no one else even at the track. I fully agree with Glenn that this puts the riders who participate in those days at risk, especially given that HPR is nearly an hour from the nearest ER equipped for the kind of trauma we create for ourselves when we fall down.

I will gladly pay a little more per day and sign up early on the days I can attend to assure that this level of service remains available.
    If this is still happening, then next time one of these days is scheduled, PLEASE let me know and I will corner work for free from the tower. At the very least I'll know when you don't come around and can get people in the paddock on the phone and moving.

A quiet day sitting at the side of the track would be like a day at the beach for me anyways