Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: yet another school shooting....

Angry yet another school shooting....

http://news.yahoo.com/official-27-de...175512619.html

unreal what this world is coming to... Prayers and condolences to those families during this time.
    Last edited by madvlad; Fri Dec 14th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: yet another school shooting....

Keep this conversation rational, folks... I can already see where this is headed.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Humans are just a nasty violent species we have always killed eachother and will continue to do so until our demise no amount of control on anything will stop this its just the way it is.

Just my opinion man, that's all.

18 children and 8 adults. Fucken ridiculous and scary knowing that I have daughter in elementary school.

Thoughts and prayers to the families.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Agree with rsforsythe.

Guns only make it quicker and easier, not gonna solve anything. We need to look at the ROOT CAUSE. Mental health and any large population is gonna have a percentage of unstable, psycho, depressed, violent, dangerous BRAINS. Just the odds, not much to do except add security where needed. Obviously the threat of prison doesn't even work, only drains MY WALLET of tax dollars on these cuntbags.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

This is one of those threads where everyone needs to be respectful to those who have lost their lives, your comments about gun control and how it will and will not work need to be kept to themselves, Madvlad you are better than that, don't stir shit up man.

Makes me feel sick to my stomach... Is it just me or is crap like this becoming more frequent? Just unbelievable...

Holy shit, CNN now reporting closer to 30 killed. WTF?!!!! How many were killed at Columbine or Aurora theater? Pray for those families.

'08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I think it just gets more reporting now days.
    I wonder if that's part of the problem as well. I think it is occurring more frequently, but perhaps the level to which we popularize incidents like this is partly to blame? Someone on the edge starts reading excruciating details about someone else's rampage, things gel, stuff happens. Just a theory though.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    This is one of those threads where everyone needs to be respectful to those who have lost their lives, your comments about gun control and how it will and will not work need to be kept to themselves, Madvlad you are better than that, don't stir shit up man.
    Yea I do apologize for that, just got really mad about this but certainly should've kept that comment to myself... It is a good theory ralph, it is a revolving society in which people soak up what goes on and make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettodsm View Post
    Makes me feel sick to my stomach... Is it just me or is crap like this becoming more frequent? Just unbelievable...
    It is not just you, this stuff is happening more often. I have frequently argued that the internet and instant news had made thing seem worse than they used to be and in many cases that is true. Take motorcycle fatalities as an example, we cant believe how many are happening but the simple fact is that 30 years ago if you didn't know the rider the chances of you hearing about it was somewhere between slim and none. Now take something like this shooting, 30 years ago you would not hear about it until the evening news or maybe the next mornings newspaper but it would have been nationwide by the next day

Makes me wonder why so many schools are getting shot up and not a single guns store....

I would be perfectly comfortable with my kids attending a school where the teachers were trained and carried (concealed of course).

Sad day for sure. The media blasting this from every angle does not help anything. If anything it spews inaccurate information because they are all in a race to report and be exports. They all talk to talk. They talk so that they are not the only channel not talking. That and it glorifies everything to people that do this stuff.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    I wonder if that's part of the problem as well. I think it is occurring more frequently, but perhaps the level to which we popularize incidents like this is partly to blame? Someone on the edge starts reading excruciating details about someone else's rampage, things gel, stuff happens. Just a theory though.
    Sadly, I don't think you are far off the mark. If you are crazy enough to rationalize killing a bunch of people for no reason, maybe this is just the attention you crave.

And in China also....http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/...tml?hpt=hp_bn2

Right now I am hoping the Mayans are right, get me the F$#K off this ride.

RIP to those lost and to their families.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post

Right now I am hoping the Mayans are right, get me the F$#K off this ride.
    Well... They maybe right but the people that came up with the Dec 2012 date are wrong... They forgot to turn to the next page after 2012...
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...nd-2012/52191/

What? You mean there's more than one page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

I think it just gets more reporting now days.
    No way, everyone always says that, including about massive natural disasters. It's all on the rise, this is way more frequent. And we've had written news and historical recordings for centuries. Definitely more frequent, just draw a straight timeline and look at the markers along it, over the last century alone.

*not a ChickenLittle, just the facts ma'am*

18+ children, from K-4th grade, plus 10 more adults. Disgusting.

At the gun store I go to everybody carries, most openly. I dont care how good you are there is no way you would take out everybody before you were taken out.

Nya, no time. Anyone can go look up all the shootings (schools, churches, theater, public places, malls, whatever, etc.) over the last 10 years, then look up the number over the last half century, then over the last century. Let's see how it pans out...

OK, I went here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...hool_massacres

1st half of the 20th century: 3
    1960s: 2
    1970s: 6
    1980s: 5
    1990s: 11
    2000s: 27
    2010s: 10 (in only 3 years)

I really wonder what goes through these people's heads when they decide to commit such atrocities. I suppose it's too wishful to hope for a bullet.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    I really wonder what goes through these people's heads when they decide to commit such atrocities. I suppose it's too wishful to hope for a bullet.
    I am with you. Call me old fashioned, but I miss the day when depressed or crazy people just killed themselves. Why the need to take people with you?

I have never been more glad my mom retired from teaching, now I just need to convince her to quit substituting ocassionally.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting

Its just school shootings but it seems the 80s-90s were the worst. Only like six in 2010.
    Just now on FoxNews: "Of the 10 deadliest shootings in history, 7 have happened since 2007."

Call me old fashioned too, I miss the days when school kids had a disagreement, they'd settle it after school at the soccer field and kick the shit out of each other. They learned to resolve conflict or avoid it. With the new no bullying and zero tolerance policies the kids bottle up their anger inside until years later they snap like this. (Pure conjecture that this particular case is anything related, however)
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Call me old fashioned too, I miss the days when school kids had a disagreement, they'd settle it after school at the soccer field and kick the shit out of each other. They learned to resolve conflict or avoid it. With the new no bullying and zero tolerance policies the kids bottle up their anger inside until years later they snap like this. (Pure conjecture that this particular case is anything related, however)

Jason
    07 600RR