Thread: What is the best motorcycle insurance company?

What is the best motorcycle insurance company?

I have USAA insurance on everything, but they won't insure bikes. When I had my Harley, I had H-D insurance.

Now that I have the FJR1300, I need to find a good company. I currently have Pacific Specialty Insurance Company because my motorcycle dealer referred me to them, and they were the cheapest I could find. But I recently found out they have a D- rating with the BBB, so now I'd like to switch to a more reputable company.

(Before you flame this post - I searched for this topic before posting, but I couldn't find anything about recommended insurance companies.)

How would you like to get roundhouse kicked with a motorcycle?

Re: What is the best motorcycle insurance company?

USAA subs out to Progressive. Kinda sucks. They do have an elevated level of service but you do end up going through Progressive.

So, I have had progressive for about 6yrs (I think thats when they changed it) and they have been pretty good. Had one claim and it went well.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Dairyland Cycle is incredible. I used to go with Progressive for their competitive rates, but one call to Dairyland was a real eye opener.

Progressive was charging me more for (1) bike at full coverage, than what Dairyland Cycle is now charging me for (2) bikes at full coverage. Plus, it's more complete insurance with almost double the included "accessory" coverage.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Zanatos,

I've got State Farm, since 1999. I have never had a problem with them. I carry a number of policies through them, and can send you the contact info. PM me if you'd like.
    -Chilly
    "I am training for the Wackatholon..."

Just switched from Progressive to Alstate... Alstate beat them by a good chunk. Highly suggest them.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Please call my insurance guy -

Mark Peter
    State Farm
    303-755-3220

The rates have been very good, but the service has been OUTSTANDING.

I cannot say enough good things about how I've been treated by Mark and his Staff over the past 8 or 9 years.

Scott

State Farm has always given me great rates on motorcycles.

State Farm gives me a SWEET deal on my R1. They don't classify our bikes as "Sportbikes", they only go by cc's, year, and accident/theft rates.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

For what its worth, I dont think you will be able to beat Progressives rates if attached to a USAA policy. At least that was way it has worked for me when I shopped the two other times.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I have statefarm
    Currently paying just under $20 for the RC51
    I have never looked at other options, just always go with statefarm as I have everything insured with them.
    They are picky about tickets though, couldn't add the wife as she has a couple of tickets on her record.

I pay about $12 a month for full coverage for the ninja and $9 for full coverage on the DRZ with American family insurance. I've been with them for about 11 years with the same agent never had a complaint.

While I'm paying out the nose through allstate ($100/mo) for my RC51 with full coverage plus a little, they were phenominal when I had the claim a couple years ago (totaled bike by hitting a deer). I also have a couple of tickets. But I'm also with them for other things, my truck is dirt cheap, the condo isn't bad either.

Dairyland was amazing all throughout really, they saved me literally over $100/month on my R1 and with better coverage over Progressive. Their customer service was awesome, I'll be going back to them when I get another bike this spring

I'd also suggest State Farm ZX12R and Ninja 650r, 30 bucks full coverage a month for both, have been with state farm for 15-16yrs? Have always been great when it comes to any claim

Progressive was charging me $180 a month, full coverage, 2007 gsxr 750. Switched to state farm for $87 same coverage. Bought my daytona and went down to $42. With my two tickets now they brought my bike up to $70. And when I call the office I've spoken with the same awesome girl for the past 3 years. she sounds pretty hot on the phone too
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

Quote Originally Posted by jcj81 View Post
    I'd also suggest State Farm ZX12R and Ninja 650r, 30 bucks full coverage a month for both, have been with state farm for 15-16yrs? Have always been great when it comes to any claim
    $30 each or both? Cause damn that is dirt cheap

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    $30 each or both? Cause damn that is dirt cheap
    30 for both - ones 13 other 17

How does State Farm, Dairyland, Allstate and some of the other insurance agencies mentioned handle tickets? It's understandable for people to have super low insurance rates with no tickets during an eternity, but what about the people that seem to encounter law enforcement for speeding purposes while canyon carving more religiously than others? Say 6-8pts on the license per riding season?
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Of the 3 speeding tickets I've had in the past 36 months, 2 were dispositioned down to "defective vehicle". Progressive charged me for them, Dairyland omits them.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson