Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you carry?

What do you carry?

I mainly came back on here to talk about motorscooters but a lot of people on here know a lot about guns and have there CCW

I'm going to complete my CCW pretty quickly here and I don't want to carry around my .38 special long barrel. What is the most comfortable gun to Carry, what do you guys prefer, and what do you have?

Thanks

Re: What do you carry?

i have a little bersa 380 super thunder... its my walkin around gun

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    I mainly came back on here to talk about motorscooters but a lot of people on here know a lot about guns and have there CCW

I'm going to complete my CCW pretty quickly here and I don't want to carry around my .38 special long barrel. What is the most comfortable gun to Carry, what do you guys prefer, and what do you have?

Thanks
    What works for me may not work for you. You should carry a gun that fits you well (in the hand) and that you can be proficient and comfortable with. Try a bunch of different ones and then decide. Also take a class that is detailed in instruction and live fire doesn't hurt.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    What works for me may not work for you. You should carry a gun that fits you well (in the hand) and that you can be proficient and comfortable with. Try a bunch of different ones and then decide. Also take a class that is detailed in instruction and live fire doesn't hurt.
    I've done the class already I did it a while back I've just been too busy to go to the courthouse I've fired many guns, I'm just curious what guns are more comfortable to carry, I know there are lot of smaller guns out there but I don't know them all, I've been eyeing the Ruger 380.

That said I carry a Kimber Pro Carry II. I prefer to carry a 1911 as they generally have 2 safeties, the slide safety and then one that depresses in the back strap when you grab the grip. I personally would never carry a Glock as they really have no safety, but a lot of people do.
    Last edited by Jmetz; Fri Jan 4th, 2013 at 07:46 PM.

The waiting list for CCW is being quoted at "over 6 months" in Douglas county. FYI
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    The waiting list for CCW is being quoted at "over 6 months" in Douglas county. FYI
    Yea I know I'm ok with that I understand what with all the shootings a lot of people have been getting there CCW.

That said I carry a Kimber Pro Carry II. I prefer to carry a 1911 as they generally have 2 safeties, the slide safety and then one that depresses in the back strap when you grab the grip. I personally would never carry a Glock as they really have no safety, but a lot of people do.
    100% why i won't carry my .38 special, no safety whatsoever.

CSC co-founder

My recent purchase was the Ruger LCP... Fits like a glove in the Jeans front pants pocket.... Oh Yeah! You can't even tell it's there.

Went to the store today to look @ the similar Ruger 9mm.. they didn't have!
    PHX, AZ

I'd like to get something along these lines but have not researched them much yet.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/11/0...sonal-defense/
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Currently carrying a Glock 26 in a Liberty holster (similar to a Supertuck or Longhorn). Lightweight, comfortable, and concealable. Accurate and reliable as well.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I personally would never carry a Glock as they really have no safety, but a lot of people do.

There's 3! Lol but I get what you're saying, you don't have a traditional safety that locks the trigger from being pulled... But in the same breath, it's one less thing to think about in a high stress situation(like when you have to draw a weapon). A glock will not fire unless you pull the trigger.

Having said that, everyone's preferences are different. What works for 1 may not work for another. Like my train of thought says more rounds > than bigger rounds. And you guys?

Purchased a Taurus PT908 years ago for concealed carry. Inexpensive when I purchased it, small, fits great for shoulder and back carry, shoots well and is loud (ported).

Works for me but it is "old" and they don't make them anymore from what I was told.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

I carry my Walther PPQ in 9mm.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag 6 1/2" barrel on my hip. I know what your thinking did I fire 5 or 6 shots...
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    There's 3! Lol but I get what you're saying, you don't have a traditional safety that locks the trigger from being pulled... But in the same breath, it's one less thing to think about in a high stress situation(like when you have to draw a weapon). A glock will not fire unless you pull the trigger.

Having said that, everyone's preferences are different. What works for 1 may not work for another. Like my train of thought says more rounds > than bigger rounds. And you guys?
    Initially, I was thinking bigger is better. But after carrying a Glock30, I prefer a smaller caliber.

Pasted from Glock's website:
    “Safe Action”® System
    The GLOCK “Safe Action”® System is made up of 3 independent, automatic safeties designed to ensure the pistol cannot fire unintentionally due to inertia or any impact. The trigger must be moved completely to the rear to deactivate these safeties. Once released, all 3 safety features reengage and the pistol is automatically secured again.
    _________
    09 zx6r
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    Initially, I was thinking bigger is better. But after carrying a Glock30, I prefer a smaller caliber.

Pasted from Glock's website:
    “Safe Action”® System
    The GLOCK “Safe Action”® System is made up of 3 independent, automatic safeties designed to ensure the pistol cannot fire unintentionally due to inertia or any impact. The trigger must be moved completely to the rear to deactivate these safeties. Once released, all 3 safety features reengage and the pistol is automatically secured again.
    Did you like the 30? I was thinking about picking one up next.

just remember, carrying something all the time is better than only sometimes carrying that bigger, sharper edged weapon thats kind of a pain to conceal. the stats from actual self defense situations weigh heavily (like 90+%) in favor of pulling the weapon ending it rather than having to fire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Did you like the 30? I was thinking about picking one up next.
    I like it, sure. Can't go wrong with a Glock. But I did get it with the intent to carry, and I find myself opting for my wife's rig instead, ha ha. (Perhaps a different holster [comptac infidel] may alleviate the issues I'm having?)

That being said, I don't have any plans on getting rid of it- even though its not currently living up to its job description

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    just remember, carrying something all the time is better than only sometimes carrying that bigger, sharper edged weapon thats kind of a pain to conceal. the stats from actual self defense situations weigh heavily (like 90+%) in favor of pulling the weapon ending it rather than having to fire it.
    I completely agree. I find myself opting not to carry, for the very reasons you stated.
    _________
    09 zx6r
    Nate

I thought sag was saying it better to be carrying vs always having your knife on you? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    I thought sag was saying it better to be carrying vs always having your knife on you? I'm confused.
    nah i meant edgy pistols. square frames and such. pistols that conceal most comfortably are smooth with no edges to catch on clothing or skin and what not. what feels good in your hand wont always feel good pulling and putting into your trousers lol

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    In the courses I've taken I've been taught that brandishing is more likely to escalate a situation rather then diffuse it. So with that I've been taught not to draw unless you're going to fire.

i would agree, i was just reading a study on self defense incidents by police reports and very rarely did the would be victim actually need to fire after drawing to stop the threat. ill try and find it. i just mentioned it to reinforce the need to have something at all over worrying about stopping power and those arguments

In the courses I've taken I've been taught that brandishing is more likely to escalate a situation rather then diffuse it. So with that I've been taught not to draw unless you're going to fire.
    Id agree. Matter of fact you can actually get into trouble for pulling your gun out, even if to de-escalate a situation.

To me and my thoughts I have always thought that pulling your gun out and not using it to be a stickier situation. I guess it totally depends on the situation but the whole reason you are "allowed" to CCW is to protect against "life threatening" situations. Im assuming that anything life threatening would involve me actually using my gun

That said, it would be a nicer end to the day if pulling your gun out resolved/stopped a situation.