Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amending the Constitution

Re: Amending the Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    If America would stop being the World Police, we would have the smallest debt of any nation on the planet.
    yea no kidding. while we're at it, I hate that my tax dollars pay for the cop to patrol the nasty neighborhood - I don't have a problem at my house, why should I pay for the cop to troll the trailer park?
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    If America would stop being the World Police, we would have the smallest debt of any nation on the planet.
    No our government would find other ways to blow our money.

#3 If you can believe it, the U.S. government has spent $175,587 “to determine if cocaine makes Japanese quail engage in sexually risky behavior”.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...nding-money-on

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    In support of this thread, I refer you to Atmel, a cleanroom production facility located in Colorado Springs. In December they laid off 40 of about 400 employees. Yesterday, they laid off another 150-200, with another 200 planned for when they get all of their machines down and moved overseas.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    that's fucking sad

but every time our government forces expenses on the employer in a global economy, more Americans will continue to lose their jobs.

interesting video:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50138922n

That is sad. Unlike many in this thread and on this board. I do not blame the government. Companies have been shipping jobs over seas for years. Why? Usually because the can pay there employees less and pocket more money.

Its all a greed factor at the end of the day.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Gold Member

Its greed to want your company to profit the best it can?

Or own stock in any companies? They have had to come up with new ways to show continuing growth and profitability in order to push stock prices etc.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Its greed to want your company to profit the best it can?
    If its at the cost of American jobs? Most would say yes.

There is often a overlooked element in a lot of these threads and its called morality. While some could argue that there is nothing wrong with wanting your company to make as much profit as possible there is a moral approach that generally yields more stability and longevity. Part of the reason so many companies fail is because of their practices. Period, and while most of these people would blame it on something else (because they dont either know how to or want to except responsibility) it generally is their own fault. For what its worth, "greed" is probably more responsible for companies failures than any other element.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    That is sad. Unlike many in this thread and on this board. I do not blame the government. Companies have been shipping jobs over seas for years. Why? Usually because the can pay there employees less and pocket more money.

Its all a greed factor at the end of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    If its at the cost of American jobs? Most would say yes.

There is often a overlooked element in a lot of these threads and its called morality. While some could argue that there is nothing wrong with wanting your company to make as much profit as possible there is a moral approach that generally yields more stability and longevity. Part of the reason so many companies fail is because of their practices. Period, and while most of these people would blame it on something else (because they dont either know how to or want to except responsibility) it generally is their own fault. For what its worth, "greed" is probably more responsible for companies failures than any other element.
    Do you buy the lowest cost product you can find that suits your needs?

greedy fuckers
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Do you buy the lowest cost product you can find that suits your needs?

greedy fuckers
    Actually I dont. fucker.

I pay more to keep as many things local as possible, that and to meet my own quality standards. Im not cheap. Im not looking to make the most amount of money that I can make. I want sound businesses that are built the correct way. I dont cut corners and purposely take the harder paths sometimes knowing that the company is rewarded by stability.

You of all people.... You have an eye for quality and probably own more "things" that are made by people that feel the same way I do about running companies so that their product is the best it can be. To me that the most important part of my companies. Second is service.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Actually I dont. fucker.
    Figures that you'd be first to chime in. I find it comical how many people who are quick to point the finger at the big bad corporation are the same cheap bastards who internet shop the lowest price or stand in line at the Walmart Black Friday line.

1999 DR650SE

Gold Member

Wheres my popcorn.

Figures that you'd be first to chime in. I find it comical how many people who are quick to point the finger at the big bad corporation are the same cheap bastards who internet shop the lowest price or stand in line at the Walmart Black Friday line.
    Just happened to be on the thread still....

Its absolutely if frustrating. How can you argue with someone that wants to spend less for the same thing? You cant, they simply dont get it. More than anything I get good value with the products that I buy and who I buy them from. Meaning that I definitely get my moneys worth if there is a problem or I need to make changes, but I insist on only working (generally speaking) with other companies that work the same way I do. Essentially I am paying more to save time on problems 1 not happening in the first place and 2 after they happen them just being resolved instantly.

I dont expect many people to understand but its not hard to see who owns good companies that genuinely care about its customers vs. companies that only care about money. The funny thing is the ones that are run correctly end up being around longer and in the long run make more and are worth more.

One more thought... Not all but a good chunk of the guys that you see with their Ferraris and big houses have figured out how to make the system work for them in the short term but if there ever came a day to sell their company are they had a serious audit it would be obvious that they have only been running their company incorrectly for personal gain.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    No. Not only no but hell fucking no. Maybe if the government actually did a good job i would think about it.

Here is a few simple ideas.

1. Term limitations in all memebers of congress. Same as presidency. No more lifetime benefits just because you made congress. After your time in congress your approval rating will matter. Anything over 80% gets them their lifetime benefits. If not too bad. This will make sure our government works for the people and not the corporations.

2. Cut government in half.

3. End the political parties. The UNITED states should not be divided into red/blue teams.
    Wow, common sense AND punctuation in the same post from Townie???
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)