Thread: And now Michelins...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Re: And now Michelins...

So, because of this I'm in the market (car too soon) for a new rear tire for my Z750S. Of your 180/55 17 tires what would you recommend, 90% of my riding is commuting to/from work on I25/US36 and I'm looking to do some more canyons.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    So, because of this I'm in the market (car too soon) for a new rear tire for my Z750S. Of your 180/55 17 tires what would you recommend, 90% of my riding is commuting to/from work on I25/US36 and I'm looking to do some more canyons.
    PR3's!

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    PR3's!
    I was thinking the 2's because I don't ride 2up that often and he doesn't have the 3 in a non "heavy"

I should delete the first post, as the sale tires are long gone. PR2/PR3 are both available in the standard construction at this time at $147.99 and $161.99 respectively. The advantages of the PR3 over the PR2 are better wet performance and(according to Michelin) about 11% greater mileage.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    I should delete the first post, as the sale tires are long gone. PR2/PR3 are both available in the standard construction at this time at $147.99 and $161.99 respectively. The advantages of the PR3 over the PR2 are better wet performance and(according to Michelin) about 11% greater mileage.
    Those are still good prices. 11% greater mileage as in tread life or miles per gallon? I try to avoid the rain as much as I can but an extra 5 MPG would be nice.

Tread life. I'm a freak of nature when it comes to tires, but I was getting over 19K out of PR2s on an FZ1, and the set of PR3s that were on the bike when I augered it in under a Honda in January had almost 10k on them, and still look almost new.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"