Thread: todays fun thread.

Gold Member

todays fun thread.

So lets talk about your accidents and lets see some cool scars.

I will post a picture as soon as im done getting my second dot physical.

Basically i will start off with my best scar. I was 21 very heavy into riding dirt bikes. For fun at home living on a acre we had a swe 50 track. And yes we drank while doing this. Well one day i got a little wasted and was hitting the rhythm section and as i came out and made the left turn next to the back side of the garage i washed out in sand. Normally no big deal but i was drunk. I ended up puting my arm through a window and cutting the holy hell out of mself.

Well normally falling over drunk isnt how i am but i guess today it was. I didnt cut the palm of my hand or my forearm at all. Problem was i pulled a drunking stumble and when i put my arm out to balance myself it went through a window and i fell. It was this falling motion that got me. So here i am i see blood on glass amd im looking all over my hand for cuts. Nothing. I start to walk away and i have this strange feeling. At first im like yeah im a bad ass. Fuck you glass. But then i feel it. Its like im standing in a warm shower with water running through my hand. At this point im like fuck i dont think duct tape and super glue is going to take care of this one. So here i am with my drunk buddies bleeding everywhere waiting for a ride. I have the good fortune of having a step father who is a emt. Next thing i know him and i are arguing about getting into his suv. I wont do it because im bleeding everywhere and hes yelling at me to get in the car. It was awesome. So him and i are in the back of the car my moms driving my drunk buddy is yelling at me and all i want to do is go to xgames the next month. Not to perform or anything just to go.

Well while im going off on this drunkin rant. About xgames and how cool it would be my step father is focused on keeping me still because he is using his finger to stop the bleeding from my artery.

So here we are in the hospital buddy covered in blood. Im covered in blood. Basically we are all looking fresh from a texas chainsaw movie. Finally with all the blood loss and the fact of being drunk im starting not to feel so hot. The worry of whats going on with all the frantic people running around i decide its time for a change in scenery. I decide its time to leave. Well i dont make far. Far as in i sat up and was slammed back down by a male nurse. This sets off drunk asshole. Im like bro wtf i just want to go watch the xgames. Why you got to get all crazy? He doesnt even respond. This sets me off to full drunk dick mode. Now im trying to fight this guy. This is whenbi notice i cant move my hand. I start looking at my hand frozen in this strange lke half seized weird pose. Now im like wtf is wrong with my hand!!!! Let me out of here!!! Yeah drunk asshile shit.

So they finally get me to the operating room and move me to the meet table. Well when this happens my arm falls off the table and i cant pick it up. It hurts like hell. Like someone is putting a fire poker into it. I start screaming my arm for the love of god my arm!! The doctor looks at me and calls me a baby. He thinks im freaking out about the needle they just put in me. Im like no asshole the other arm. I cant move it. It feels like a hot poker is in there. He says nurse please help him. She lifts my arm up and instant peace.

Next thing i know im waking up in a room high as hell hungry hung over and thirsty as hell. It was a hell of a night. Lol.
    Last edited by #1Townie; Thu Jan 17th, 2013 at 11:34 AM.

Re: todays fun thread.

Sweet, in on this.

So first off I had never broken a bone or wrecked a bike before I got my DRZ.
    First BIG wreck I had on it I cartwheeled it down a I-25 on ramp, on new years day. Was going about 55-60 when I did it, faceplanted into the curb, pretty funny. I got a broken toe(which is still crooked, never went to doctor) rash on the knee and some on my palm. destroyed my brand new gloves and tinted face shield.

Second injury was a broken wrist, a shitty attempt at a rolling burnout to show Zach929 up. Sure got him good.

Next up a couple of months later, While still in a wrist cast. I decided to go to IMI and proceed to wad my shit up on the second lap right in front of bueller. Ended up with a broken collar bone. My Doctor was pissed when I showed back up for my next wrist appointment with my arm in a sling. Then got even more pissed when I could not stop laughing at how mad she was.

^These two were from a high speed stand up wheelie, when I set it down I had the bars turned. Threw me to the right pinned my foot under the bike and we slide down the lot. My first concussion, apparently all I could say the rest of the night to my friends was "good thing I was wearing a helmet." About 20 days later I showed back up at the lot, worked on getting back over the fear. Got bored decided to try and jump this dirt mount on the side of the lot, it ended up being a extreme kicker. I ended up saving it but got throttle lock from hanging on and rammed the bike and myself into this metal post, sammiching my still healing foot into the bike. ripped me off the bike, bike kept going then hit a dirt mound and flipped. Broke open all my wounds which then got infected. Great.

lolz then two weeks ago I locked up the front trying to do a stoppie and put a little scab on my knee.

Gold Member

Oh man when that front tire washes out it can be a nerve racking moment. I was starting to think no one wanted to play show and tell. Lol. I will post pics in the morning.

lol, I was thinking as it was locked up and I was flying, gotdamnit not again.

Gold Member

I hate that feeling. I had a bad weekend on dirt. I wadded a 90` step up on friday and hit my knee on a rock. The next day on a group single track ride we hot a ice patch and slid out right on the same knee. Later that same day managed to blow a corner hit a boulder and as i was flying like superman all i could think was please not the knee. Sure enough. Knee.

Wow!

I'll have to post pics of stabbing wound #1, #2, and #3 when I get a chance; one left me a nice "Z" from all the surgery (7 tendons cut)....although I say it is a "N" for Nate

Oh and staples to head; I've had plenty of those.

Inside of nose probably has the most stitches though from when I got my deviated septum fixed from breaking my nose so many times.

Hernia scar, elbows scar stitches, and many other stitches scars on legs/arms.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Oh and staples to head; I've had plenty of those.
    Well, that explains a lot ;-)
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    Well, that explains a lot ;-)

It's all the concussions that have really had that effect

I am not even sure how many I have had. I once got hit over the head with a crowbar and concussion was so bad I saw double for about 3 days.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Turn 4 HPR 2009

Trying to find an xray of the other leg .. dirt bike 2011
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

^are those drywall screws? lol

Gold Member

Hahaha!

Senior Member Moderator

The results from my accident included:

Collapsed right lung (they put a tube in to re-inflate the lung and drain fluid), fluid in left lung (also had a tube installed), grade V liver laceration, (lots of internal bleeding/nearly died), minor concussion (I was wearing a helmet), broken left ring finger, bruised ribs, bruised right hip, and rashed up knees (was wearing jeans).

I was later readmitted to hospital when right lung re-collapsed from fluid building around the lung. Had some weird drains installed to monitor fluid accumulation for a couple weeks.

Didn't take any pics, and besides, I'll spare you the horror of seeing my pasty white torso. Got some nice scars though!
    Last edited by Drano; Fri Jan 18th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Gold Member

Dude....... thats a hell of er trip.