Thread: Hayden speaking about "the two years"

Hayden speaking about "the two years"

"Over the past two years, (Ducati) took some unfair criticism saying they didn't try enough to give (Rossi) what he wanted, and I certainly disagree with that," Hayden said. "I think they went above and beyond trying to please him, and unfortunately that was a little bit negative because maybe we tried too hard to improve and made too many big changes during the season."

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Jan/130117lpksc.htm

Pretty interesting perspective also from Ciabatti, something I never thought about

"It isn't that we don't have confidence in Rossi's feedback," Ciabatti said. "The pressure and the lack of results created a vicious cycle in which he wasn't relaxed enough to completely test the material prepared for him. We simply believe that there is potential and that it wasn't completely explored last year."
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Re: Hayden speaking about "the two years"

So the ultimate Stoner fan conveniently forgets that his favorite rider said the exact same thing that Rossi has said. The development is slow, usually useless and that he wasn't being listened to. How many times during "the two years" did Hayden publicly say that he and Rossi agreed on development? How many times did Hayden (a former world champion) win during "the two years"? How did Capirossi do on the Duc? How about Melandri? Or was Melandri not able to win because rather than listen to his input on a shit bike they sent him to a sports psychologist?

It still amazes me how ignorant fans and other riders can be to how bad Ducati is until they get there. Rossi and Burgess as prime examples. Maybe have new leadership and Audi money will help but I'm pretty sure that in the short term Dovisioso should temper his enthusiasm.

The important thing to remember is that Stoner IS A GOD, he should NEVER BE QUESTIONED and EVERYTHING HE DOES IS RIGHT.
    Last edited by mcarthd26; Sat Jan 19th, 2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Less flamatory

Chill big guy, and let's not bring politics into this thread too, mkay?
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Chill big guy, and let's not bring politics into this thread too, mkay?
    Agreed, sorry was fired up about something else. Will remove the logic and intelligence from previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarthd26 View Post
    So the ultimate Stoner fan conveniently forgets that his favorite rider said the exact same thing that Rossi has said. The development is slow, usually useless and that he wasn't being listened to. How many times during "the two years" did Hayden publicly say that he and Rossi agreed on development? How many times did Hayden (a former world champion) win during "the two years"? How did Capirossi do on the Duc? How about Melandri? Or was Melandri not able to win because rather than listen to his input on a shit bike they sent him to a sports psychologist?

It still amazes me how ignorant fans and other riders can be to how bad Ducati is until they get there. Rossi and Burgess as prime examples. Maybe have new leadership and Audi money will help but I'm pretty sure that in the short term Dovisioso should temper his enthusiasm.

The important thing to remember is that Stoner IS A GOD, he should NEVER BE QUESTIONED and EVERYTHING HE DOES IS RIGHT.
    Re read the post. You missed the whole point.

- the ultimate stoner fan
    Last edited by kawasakirob; Sat Jan 19th, 2013 at 10:54 AM.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Nothing anyone can say matters much. Racing starts in two months. I have always been a Rossi fan. I have his books, and Rob purchased me a signed Rossi hat. I did however grow tired of his bitching at Ducati. I hate to say it but the time is near when Vale either produces or shuts the hell up. It sucks getting old. (Kind of. Not bad really) Vale is back with Yamaha. Produce or retire. The pressure must be incredible. Much interest coming this year. Hope to see all of you in Austin. I will be the old guy in the yellow shirt with the Rossi sunburst hat...turn 15.
    1990 ZX-10
    1995 PW-50
    2004 ZX-10R
    2008 Concours 14

PREAMBLE: I can't even imagine what it takes to race at the MotoGP level - not just the talent involved, but the budget, expectations, and prototyping that goes on. I race on a very limited budget and change as little as possible in the hopes for success as defined by my own criteria. But at the end of the day I RACE, and have a lot of respect for all who ride for a checkered flag. That leads me into...

Ducati with Rossi on board last year. Rossi has blown my mind with his talents, but he was clearly not a good fit for Ducati. One need only look at what transpired at the factory Ducati level to see Rossi was hindering the positive development of the GP12 bike. And Nicky was not incorrect in his statements.

Prior to the French Grand Prix in 2012 Preziosi insisted "Ducati remains determined to create a motorcycle that suits seven time MotoGP champion Rossi." He went on to say "We believe that a bike Valentino likes, is a good bike for all riders." "We are following the direction he suggests at the best of our capability, which is not enough right now to be faster than Honda. But for sure we will try in the direction that Valentino shows us."

In terms of machine set-up, Preziosi said that Rossi and crew chief Jerry Burgess always have the final say.

"We give Jeremy 100% freedom to define with Valentino what the best set-up is. As Ducati, our duty is just to supply material."

"We can suggest what our ideas are, but the final decision, day by day, practice by practice, is made by Jeremy speaking with Valentino."

In the early part of the season, Rossi struggled mightily, and then settled on a setup rumored to be really close to what Hayden ran and saw some improvement.

I offer up just one further example of this. Heading into Catalunya Rossi tested a new aluminium swing-arm (vs. carbon fiber) on Friday and new electronics package. Hayden also had the electronics, but was sticking with the carbon fiber swing-arm after chatter issues with the aluminium.

Ultimately Rossi ditched the aluminum swingarm and qualified 9th at Catalunya. While Nicky qualified 7th. Rossi effectively practiced one day on that aluminum swingarm (at what expense?) and ended up on a bike that was similar to teammate Nicky's.

At the end of it all, it sounds like Ducati tried too hard to please The Doctor and it hampered the positive development of a machine that was already being significantly beaten by Honda and Yamaha. Nicky is looking forward to being a part of Ducati in 2013 where they won't be subject to Rossi and Burgess's whims - and I look forward to what that brings.

POSTSCRIPT: Everyone will have their opinion about things, I get that. Facts are what they are though, and if you want to talk top echelon racing you better bring top echelon facts -Nicky is justifiably optimistic about developing the 2013 Ducati without Rossi's interference and while I don't expect him to win it all in 2013, I wish him well this year.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!