Thread: Richmond, VA?

Question Richmond, VA?

Anyone know of good places to live in the greater metro area? I'm looking for something outside of downtown preferably a nice new suburban area like SE Aurora/Tallyn's Reach etc.

VIR is about 2hrs away, does anyone know any great riding roads in Virginia?

TYIA.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Re: Richmond, VA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Anyone know of good places to live in the greater metro area? I'm looking for something outside of downtown preferably a nice new suburban area like SE Aurora/Tallyn's Reach etc.

VIR is about 2hrs away, does anyone know any great riding roads in Virginia?

TYIA.
    I'm sorry you're moving there

You can ride 33 and 211. I used to ride at Summit Point raceway too. ALthough, you're close enough to go to VIR instead (much better track surface for sure)

check out dcsportbikes.net

Big $$$ government jobs out there, I don't blame ya. Good luck with your search, hope you stick around CSC though!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Richmond isn't that bad, I lived in Norfolk and Chesapeake for 4 years. Best advice I can give you is stay the fuck away from the bridge and tunnel on I-64, and go to VA beach in the summer and score with all the dumbass hot blondes.

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I'm sorry you're moving there

check out dcsportbikes.net
    Yeah, so am I. But it has to beat the time I relocated to NJ...

I'll create an account and check out DC SportBikes, thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Big $$$ government jobs out there, I don't blame ya. Good luck with your search, hope you stick around CSC though!
    Actually turned down a gov't job in DC since it didn't pay enough to keep up with the costs of living in NoVA/DC. This pays slightly more and Richmond is cheaper than DC (though the "good" areas seem more than similar places here).

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Richmond isn't that bad, I lived in Norfolk and Chesapeake for 4 years. Best advice I can give you is stay the fuck away from the bridge and tunnel on I-64, and go to VA beach in the summer and score with all the dumbass hot blondes.
    Hmm, guess I'll find out what bridge and tunnel you mean when I get there...

They get snow out there? Or can you ride all year round?

Mmmm dumb blondes.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Hmm, guess I'll find out what bridge and tunnel you mean when I get there...

They get snow out there? Or can you ride all year round?

Mmmm dumb blondes.
    The bridge and tunnel is what will take you into Norfolk in which then you can take 64 to VA Beach. One thing you will notice is that VA has a ton of interstates and there is an exit or entry ramp for every damn road.

Snowed once when i was there and it was a fucking joke, although the people there act like its the end of the world when it happens.

And the dumb blondes are all tourists so its that much better cause you'll never see them again!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I just got back from the East Coast and so did ZX10Grrl. She said the best way to house shop in that area is decide how much you can afford and then look for that. Housing is stupid expensive out there. There is a lot of good riding though and I'll try and get you some more info from her. Good luck and we'll miss you!
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Didn't Salsashark just move to the DC area? May want to get in touch with him if you're nearby..
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

I think he went to murderland, no?

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Just checked and he's in Maryland
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    Housing is stupid expensive out there.
    Yeah, you can buy a 1k sq.ft. bungalow for a half $1M, lol!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.