Thread: Anyone here ride pitbikes?

Anyone here ride pitbikes?

I'm not talking about sanctioned racing.... I'm originally from chicago, and during the off season we'd go to industrial areas (large parking lots) and set up cone tracks. Knock back a few beers and let the mayhem commence. Anyways, just got my KLX110 out here from storage and got it running again today. Anyone else ride these? And no... it isn't stock

Re: Anyone here ride pitbikes?

Just bought so gotta do some work. Watching mini moto races had me wanting one. KTM SX 65.

I have an SSR 125. Cheap ass thing but I've already been doing work on it.

I talked to the guy that runs mini moto racing around here. I wanted to set up INDOOR mini moto at a kart track for maybe once a month in the winter. But we haven't found a good place to do it

I haven't gotten to ride it as much as I would like, but I have an SSR 150 4-stroke that I intend to someday race with the RM Minimoto guys. The little bastard can move. Here's a video shot at IMI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXtE-1giNZY

Here's an on board shot with a low-side at the 0:55 mark. The breather was spitting fluid and it coated the rear tire. Whoops!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgafWIQqtfY

As far as racing it, "sanctioned" or not, I haven't done it yet. IMI can be a fun place to ride and it's relatively cheap and no worries about getting harassed. It would be fun to find a parking lot and tool around. Finding the place would maybe be a challenge though.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

nice videos! How fast does that thing go? Back home everyone either had a CRF50 or a KLX110. I had a previous KLX110 with a 143 kit with stroker motor that did about 65mph. This one is relatively mild though, stock top end with a 55mm crank, 4th gear and a manual clutch. Might be good for 50mph with stock gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    nice videos! How fast does that thing go? Back home everyone either had a CRF50 or a KLX110. I had a previous KLX110 with a 143 kit with stroker motor that did about 65mph. This one is relatively mild though, stock top end with a 55mm crank, 4th gear and a manual clutch. Might be good for 50mph with stock gearing.
    With the custom rear sprocket, I'd imagine it could do 40, I haven't really tested it out for overall top end speed. Altitude robs these buggers of a bit of the little horsepower they have, but they're still fun as hell.

Now you've got me thinking about finding a place to play!
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

I've been wanting one for a while now.... Have to stay on Craigslist and wait for a good deal to pop up.
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

YOURE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

I've got an extra motor with like 8 hours on it, it's got a 143 cylinder/piston otherwise stock. From experience I've learned that anything over about 10 hp is unmanageable without BIG improvements to chassis and suspension. As soon as I get some free time and get it together I'll probably post it for sale here.

Oddly enough I didn't change jetting at all from sea level to 5500' and it runs great. Plug chop shows it's even running a little lean. Must have been REALLY lean back in Chicago lol.

The best places we found to ride were A) at night, and B) away from any residences. There's got to be similar places like that out here east maybe? (cornfields?) Just need a big parking lot really. If anyone wants to tear up some trails (or knows of a place to ride trails) let me know. I've got a set of dirt wheels too.

Quote Originally Posted by FZjake719 View Post
    I've been wanting one for a while now.... Have to stay on Craigslist and wait for a good deal to pop up.
    best bet is to find a dad who's kid outgrew it and he doesn't know what he has. I bought my '04 110 for $600. The 110's and 50's are built proof. All 110's need are a set of bmx handlebars, 50's you need a big bar kit.