Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Euro?

Colorado Euro?

Just moved up to Fort Collins last week to go to CSU at the young age of 28 but the Daytona only made it a day before the check engine light came on.

Anyone ever use colorado euro? do they have a good reputation? are there any other places around the fc area that would be a better bet?

Also I just removed the db killer from my arrow exhaust and now there is a lot of backfire. Would that cause the check engine light?

And hit me up when you want to go ride!
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

Re: Colorado Euro?

they are ok, beemers n more might be able to help you out as well, welcome to fort collins bud!
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini
    87' VFR700...the daily ride

Oh nice. I'll have to check them out.

btw rode the horsetooth resevior and it's an awesome ride!
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

yes sir it is! the poudre isnt a bad ride either. when it warms up and i get my demo from work back, we will have to hook up and go ride. there isnt enough csc'ers in northern colorado haha. btw, if you ever need any parts or service on jap bikes let me know, i work at interstate honda.
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini

For sure. I've only seen a few bikes out and most cruisers. Are there any bike nights up here? Or super cool motorcycle gangs with super cool vests?

yup, police love the reservoir as well! especially the northern dam that has the little building attached. they love to sit and hide behind it. not really any bike nights that i know of besides the typical fri/sat night cruisers if thats your sort of thing. pinewood reservoir past carter lake is a great technical road for winters because its always pretty damn clean. poudre is usually clean but cold and shadowy in the winter, lots of traffic including people and rafters and fishers in the summer. masonville to stove prairie is usually pretty decent. rist is fun but can be the dirtiest of the nearest roads.

Senior Member Moderator

I know a lot of people that ride sportbikes up in FoCo but most of them say they are too good for CSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie675 View Post
    For sure. I've only seen a few bikes out and most cruisers. Are there any bike nights up here? Or super cool motorcycle gangs with super cool vests?
    we used to have bike nights but they were lame. you have the ruff rider guys, most of them are pretty good guys. but a lot of guys that ride crotch rockets up here are no helmet wearing stupid college kids who just commute back and forth on their bikes.
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini

lol yeah I can't see paying $120 to park my bike at CSU. I know it would get kicked over at least once.

When it gets nice out i'll get the bbq lit and throw some beer can chicken on for any csc'ers.

People have tried to get a bike togehter up here but there isn't enough interest for it. The denver bike nights are fun but its a long and boring ride down I-25. Welcome to NOCO! Where you from?
    Whatever jack ass.

lol yeah I can't see paying $120 to park my bike at CSU. I know it would get kicked over at least once.

When it gets nice out i'll get the bbq lit and throw some beer can chicken on for any csc'ers.
    hell yeah! im down!
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini

Board Newbie

Hey man, welcome to Colorado. I'm up in Fort Collins too and down to ride anytime! Also the BBQ sounds pretty good!

Got out and rode north up from horsetooth lake, west on ? to stove prarie, and back to fc. Almost hit a dear and the roads were like a beach with all the sand. It was still a great ride for being at our back door.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinbabe View Post
    People have tried to get a bike togehter up here but there isn't enough interest for it. The denver bike nights are fun but its a long and boring ride down I-25. Welcome to NOCO! Where you from?
    Yeah I lived in Lakewood for a couple years and did a few bike nights but I don't see myself riding down there just for one.

I actually just moved here from the Marshall Islands. I went out there again for about a year and half. Now it's time to finish up this school deal while the military is still paying for it.

Got out and rode north up from horsetooth lake, west on ? to stove prarie, and back to fc. Almost hit a dear and the roads were like a beach with all the sand. It was still a great ride for being at our back door.
    Sounds like you did Rist canyon. Quite an 'adventure' during the winter.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

i went through rist last weekend and it was actually not nearly as bad as i expected. definitely doable. but the downhill section from stove prairie school to the poudre was an exercise in holding your line to say the least.

Yeah Rist canyon sounds right. This was from somewhere on SP

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    I know a lot of people that ride sportbikes up in FoCo but most of them say they are too good for CSC.
    Agree.

Summertime brings pretty regular bike nights to Full Throttle Coffee. It can be an *interesting* mix of people.

For your triumph -- Beemers and More or Northern Co Euro are your choices. Have heard decent things about both. NCE just moved to a brand new building (for them).

Interstate Honda - Sold me my bike and have always treated me well. Always willing to order what I need. Have done several short-notice, quick-turnaround oil changes on my CBR.

Fort Collins Motorsports (Japanese bikes) - Have given them lots of money and am still frequently treated poorly. Lots of bikes on the floor though, so it's a good place to window shop.

MotoAdventure Kawasaki - Sold me a dirt bike, treat me well, and usually offer me the lowest price for repairs and tires (if I don't want to drive to TFOG in Golden). Not sure if they do euro bikes.

Tri-City Cycles (Loveland, Japanese Bikes) - never bought anything there. Reviews run the gamut. Been there looking for things a few times that they never had in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_blue View Post
    Agree.

Summertime brings pretty regular bike nights to Full Throttle Coffee. It can be an *interesting* mix of people.

For your triumph -- Beemers and More or Northern Co Euro are your choices. Have heard decent things about both. NCE just moved to a brand new building (for them).

Interstate Honda - Sold me my bike and have always treated me well. Always willing to order what I need. Have done several short-notice, quick-turnaround oil changes on my CBR.

Fort Collins Motorsports (Japanese bikes) - Have given them lots of money and am still frequently treated poorly. Lots of bikes on the floor though, so it's a good place to window shop.

MotoAdventure Kawasaki - Sold me a dirt bike, treat me well, and usually offer me the lowest price for repairs and tires (if I don't want to drive to TFOG in Golden). Not sure if they do euro bikes.

Tri-City Cycles (Loveland, Japanese Bikes) - never bought anything there. Reviews run the gamut. Been there looking for things a few times that they never had in stock.
    whats your CBR look like?
    Ride To Live

81' CB900f... the oldy
    11' CRF250R..FOR SALE
    74' MR50......the mini

I had the 600 mile service for my S1000RR done at Colorado euro. I liked the customer lounge, and they were fairly quick with the work. One thing I didn't like was they wouldn't let me watch them work on it. I understand all the liability bullshit, but I like small hometown mom and pop shops better because not only do they want you to watch, they want you to grab a wrench and help!

any body know off hand what an average price to have plugs oil and filters changed? On a r6 or r1 (not cou ting price for filters an oil)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    One thing I didn't like was they wouldn't let me watch them work on it.

Remember how in another thread you said that if cameras were put in all police cars, they'd quickly become the most malfunctioning unit in the car? Same concept here...
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by iron_inc View Post
    any body know off hand what an average price to have plugs oil and filters changed? On a r6 or r1 (not cou ting price for filters an oil)
    Probably around $100. I'll do it for half that, PM me if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by maktastik_jr. View Post
    whats your CBR look like?
    Mostly like every other black '07. Except for the slightly gay skeleton on the windscreen.