Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: New plastics!!

Re: New plastics!!

Quote Originally Posted by willb003 View Post
    What about black bar end mirrors with gold block off plates where the stockers sit?
    Was actually thinking about that, I need new bar ends as it is, and I don't think they cost very much, gotta source the block off plates though.

I just ordered a 05 GSXR 1k RIZLA set for $245 including shipping. Keeping my fingers crossed! :-) Any word on if the stickers are removable or under clear coat? Grim, how long did the fairings take to replace?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/motor...313169970.html

Quote Originally Posted by Oddibe View Post
    I just ordered a 05 GSXR 1k RIZLA set for $245 including shipping. Keeping my fingers crossed! :-) Any word on if the stickers are removable or under clear coat? Grim, how long did the fairings take to replace?

I didn't order from where you did, so hard to say, my plastics had no stickers cause I didn't want any. From the pics they look like they are under the CC.

As far as replacing them, better get good at removing and putting the rubber grommets into the holes. Use a small flat head screw driver and saliva to put them into the new holes. Time wise it depends on how familiar you are with your plastics, I've done mine a few times so its routine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddibe View Post

I have the Carerra Racing fairings and the stickers are under the clear coat and not removable.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Looks ballin. And on ym favorite bike, the 05-06 636, love it man! Hopefully the painting of the tnak doesn't cost you more than the fairings! Tank painting seems to be a new asshole rip from the prices I have seen
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    Looks ballin. And on ym favorite bike, the 05-06 636, love it man! Hopefully the painting of the tnak doesn't cost you more than the fairings! Tank painting seems to be a new asshole rip from the prices I have seen
    We priced it out while I was there at $150 it's a family run place and that $$$ is fair for the work that needs to be done. I know for a fact the paint would cost me $90 then you add the labor for total time it takes to sand, clean, tape, and paint its more than a fair price.

$150 for a tnak paint is great! I have heard $300+ for them due to the heat there and protection from gas always getting there, something aonut special coats/clear/paint something or other. Thats a good deal.

I wouldn't mind a whole bike color change for $400 including tank paint and fresh plastics! But they just don't make them for the SV650

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    $150 for a tnak paint is great! I have heard $300+ for them due to the heat there and protection from gas always getting there, something aonut special coats/clear/paint something or other. Thats a good deal.

I wouldn't mind a whole bike color change for $400 including tank paint and fresh plastics! But they just don't make them for the SV650
    It really just depends on the paint, mine will be a matte black so they have to buy the falttenner asditive to add to the black they already have. I could go buy the paint myself but if I buy the $50 paint that doesn't have the same chemical compound as the $120 paint I will be getting what I paid for, IE the paint runs when gas touches it, it dries up and cracks at 90 degrees, it fades in direct sunlight quickly. The clear coat on your car or standard plastics will always protect your paint from that, mine is exsposed so it's inportant to buy the good stuff that has a good bond and higher ratings than the cheap crap that gets clear coated.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    It really just depends on the paint, mine will be a matte black so they have to buy the falttenner asditive to add to the black they already have. I could go buy the paint myself but if I buy the $50 paint that doesn't have the same chemical compound as the $120 paint I will be getting what I paid for, IE the paint runs when gas touches it, it dries up and cracks at 90 degrees, it fades in direct sunlight quickly. The clear coat on your car or standard plastics will always protect your paint from that, mine is exsposed so it's inportant to buy the good stuff that has a good bond and higher ratings than the cheap crap that gets clear coated.

I believe that is why I have heard that gas tank painting is expensive due to the heat that it gets there and sitting in the sun and gas spilling on it. Things that make the cost of a paint job very pricey!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Nice vid Grim! I like the fucks and shits the best. However he bike came out nice! Oh and the garage floor looks sweet too!
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

So much for the Court-Ordered anger management classes.