Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Cops doing what they do best....

Re: Cops doing what they do best....

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Wait, are you're saying that if you have done nothing wrong that you have the right to argue with an officer, resist arrest, and then complain when you still end up in the back of a police car?
    You would be fine with spending time in jail even though you didn't commit a crime? I sure as hell wouldn't. I have been in prisons and jails for work related visits, and once for bailing out a drunk friend. They are not pleasant places and they are filled with even more unpleasant people. The smell alone is enough to make me never want to spend time in a prison.

Would you be fine with having to take time off work for court appearances for your arrest that was based on no illegal action? Would you be fine paying all the costs associated with proving you did nothing wrong?

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    You would be fine with spending time in jail even though you didn't commit a crime? I sure as hell wouldn't. I have been in prisons and jails for work related visits, and once for bailing out a drunk friend. They are not pleasant places and they are filled with even more unpleasant people. The smell alone is enough to make me never want to spend time in a prison.

Would you be fine with having to take time off work for court appearances for your arrest that was based on no illegal action? Would you be fine paying all the costs associated with proving you did nothing wrong?

Don't forget most companies reserve to right to terminate your position if you are put in jail, whether you are proven guilty or not.

Whats really bad is that you are not going to change the officers mind. So stating your case with the person making the poor decision is only going to make things worse (ie more charges), I just cant imagine being wrongly accused or having my rights violated and just going peacefully.

Some call them mistakes but dont be so foolish to think that some cops purely abuse their power thinking they are not going to get caught... Like the big black cop that showed up in the gay/park incident trying to form a case from the get go with his Alcohol comment. They do that shit all the time in an attempt to cover their asses
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post

My point was that, regardless of how you may think or feel, if the police have it in their mind to detain or arrest you, there's very little you can do about it. In which case it's better to cooperate.

You can possibly talk your way out of it, but that requires you to be calm, patient, understanding, and most of all, respectful.

Resisting them won't make them change their mind and only serves to escalate the problem. Do you really want to be tased, or forced to comply through other means and still wind up in jail?

If you have been wrongfully arrested you have multiple avenues for recourse within the court system. That is the place where you ultimately make your case, not on the side of the road. That is also the same place where you can sue for damages to your person or reputation.

http://www.resistingarrest.com/
    Being arrested isn't fun - and if things get out of hand, unfortunately, you could find yourself facing yet another criminal charge. Here in New York, if you try to escape or even argue during an arrest, you could be charged with the crime of resisting arrest (Penal Law section 205.30). You can also be charged with resisting arrest if you try to help another person avoid being arrested.

Resisting arrest is generally charged along with the offense that originally led to the arrest. However, it's important to realize that even if that underlying charge is dismissed, you may still face the resisting arrest charge. This is very disappointing for defendants who assume that if the initial arrest is tossed out, the resisting arrest charge should be forgotten or forgiven.

Fortunately, an experienced New York criminal defense attorney can find many potential defenses to resisting arrest. Resisting arrest can be charged for essentially any act the officer believed was "resisting," which can range from unkind words to serious violence. That means there's often no evidence other than what the arresting officer says - or sometimes, evidence with more than one explanation. To take advantage of these kinds of holes in a resisting arrest case, you should be sure to hire an experienced New York criminal defense lawyer with investigative and cross-examination skills that can bring out the truth in court.
    Last edited by Drano; Mon Feb 11th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Gold Member

Goo pulled his wife out of bed and got on top of her. Like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I like how an advisory board is going to look into the matter and decide for either punishment or "training". Yeah I'm sure training is all they will get.

:Trainer: OK guys here's a barn and that's the broadside of it. Now I want you to try and hit it. First one with the most hits wins!!!

Where the hell do these guys learn how to shoot?? Their weapons training must consist of playing Doom or COD..... 7-11 maybe??
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

That poor taco got rained on!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter FZ1Guy's Avatar

That is just plain nutz... WTF were they thinking???

or...

or....

Holy shit... someone should have died!!!
    Ridin' and Lovin' Life
    2007 Yamaha FZ1

Fucking brain donors, LAPD's finest...

"How do you mistake two Hispanic women, one who is 71, for a large black male?" said Richard Goo, 62, who counted five bullet holes in the entryway to his house.
    Surprised more innocent residents and drivers weren't killed. These cops were LUCKY actually, idiots. Isn't this the same reasons some departments have a no-pursuit policy? To protect innocent civies from getting killed?
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

REWARD = $1 million

If it were any one else but the fuckin LA cops there wouldn't be a reward. ZERO, ZILCH.

This guy has a grip with the Administration of the LAPD. I believe there to be some merit that the LAPD admin fucked up and in the mind of the ex officer there was no recourse for him to take for equatable resolution. His union sure came to his aid didn't they? So the LAPD has made their bed and now they have to wallow in it. this guy will get snagged most likely in a blaze of glory. In the meantime I'm gonna go pop some popcorn and wait for the next gumshoe to get smeared.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I heard the $1M was donated by an anonymous group, not tax-payer funded. I don't know exactly though.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Tue Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

"Police and city officials believe the $1 million reward, raised from both public and private sources, would give them better options."
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/02...video/(page)/2
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleev View Post
    "Police and city officials believe the $1 million reward, raised from both public and private sources, would give them better options."
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/02...video/(page)/2
    Yeah, taxpayers, and the police union.

I agree it's a ridiculous amount. This isn't Osama, geeze.

No one is going to donate for that shit and if so it ain't a million lol... That's coming out of our pocket guaranteed

CNN reports they have the suspect "pinned down" in Big Bear.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007