Thread: Anonymous Response To Gun Control Policy

Anonymous Response To Gun Control Policy

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Anonymous Response To Gun Control Policy

Don't you know? Guns are dangerous. Only the government should have guns so we can be safe. My god, think of the children.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

It's not Anonymous.

Let me rephrase, it is anonymous, small a, in that they didn't put a name on it. But it's not Anonymous the known group.

If it isn't them, someone's trying hard to appear as them. The video is titled boldly "ANONYMOUS", and they've got that GuyFalkes Vendetta mask thing going. Who knows, it was a little tedious to watch.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    If it isn't them, someone's trying hard to appear as them. The video is titled boldly "ANONYMOUS", and they've got that GuyFalkes Vendetta mask thing going. Who knows, it was a little tedious to watch.
    Yeah I wasn't sure if it was them or not. Just got the link forwarded to me and figures I'd share it here... which is why I didn't invest much into finding out if it was real or not. Just interesting to watch and nothing more...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I watched 5 minutes of it. There's some misinformation in what I saw. Right off the bat it's not illegal to carry a gun in a movie theater.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Anonymous isn't a defined "them" (except for the ones who get caught) so much as a collective idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I watched 5 minutes of it. There's some misinformation in what I saw. Right off the bat it's not illegal to carry a gun in a movie theater.
    I didn't watch the vid, but be careful with that statement. If they have a no guns sign, it might be.

From http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/colorado.pdf:
    "After discussions with a Practicing Attorney in Colorado I have changed it to Yes that Gun Signs do have the
    force of law. In many cases the person is just ask to leave and nothing happens. In instances where an Officer
    is summoned it depends on the Officer. But you can be charged with Trespassing if the Officer believes it is
    necessary and the owner wishes you to be charged. Any escalation of the situation on your part like not
    leaving immediately if ask or giving the Owner or Officer a hard time you could also be charged with
    menacing. The Attorney I talked to is a Defense Attorney and has had such cases."
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

The difference is you are not violating any gun laws, you are violating private property laws. What I got out of my classes that just the act of carrying the gun is not a violation. the property owner or representative will ask/tell you to leave and if you do not you are then trespassing. I do agree with the attorney that if you make a scene of some kind then further charges could be pressed.

In summary you can carry anywhere you want that is not banned by law but any property owner can tell you to leave his property and if you dont you are then trespassing

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    The difference is you are not violating any gun laws, you are violating private property laws. What I got out of my classes that just the act of carrying the gun is not a violation. the property owner or representative will ask/tell you to leave and if you do not you are then trespassing. I do agree with the attorney that if you make a scene of some kind then further charges could be pressed.

In summary you can carry anywhere you want that is not banned by law but any property owner can tell you to leave his property and if you dont you are then trespassing
    You also learned that if there is a sign posted No firearms than the second you walk in while conceal carrying you are violating there regulations therefore you are trespassing. If there is no sign and there is no permanently placed metal detector and it is not an official government building then you can conceal carry as per the law.

Gold Member

Okay first of all there is no group of anonymous. Anonymous is nothing more than an idea. To be "part" of anonymous you must simple want change and do what is in you abilities to help create that change. Sure the hackers get the majority of the credit but you really think all those guys going to the protests wearing the mask are the elite hackers? No. They are anonymous. They are doing what they can to fight back.

So truly no can be or cant be anonymous unless they make the choice. Go to any of their posts and read it. They are us and we are them. Divided we are weak. United we are strong.

My post was in reference to the hackers, be it a group or collective spread around geographically.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gold Member

They will be the first to correct you on it.

Townie is the dude in the mask

Gold Member

Hahahaha no i havent gone that far. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    They will be the first to correct you on it.
    Yeah probably, meh. Their "ventures" are hit or miss. Many I agree with, some I think they're a bunch of douchers.

Gold Member

And that is from having all forms of life trying to do what they feel is best. I agree that sometimes the meaning or message gets a little jumbled or even totally wrong but its kind of the nice thing about it all. If the "hive" doesnt agree with it not as many will support it and that leads ro the failure of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    You also learned that if there is a sign posted No firearms than the second you walk in while conceal carrying you are violating there regulations therefore you are trespassing. If there is no sign and there is no permanently placed metal detector and it is not an official government building then you can conceal carry as per the law.
    I 100% agree. The point is you are trespassing, no different than if you came up to a gate that said No Trespassing and you entered anyway. As I said in the first post, it is not gun law it is private property law. Going back to the example of the sign at the gate, my understanding is that unless the sign is prominently posted at the entrance to the building the property owner has to ask you to leave first and only if you do not then the trespassing charge can be pressed.

For the record I do respect the signs and dont push the issue. In todays world I would never carry in a theater even if it was not posted.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

While the act of trespassing is not a gun law per se, you are breaking the law with a firearm on you at the time. Particularly if that gets bumped up to menacing, I could see the presence of the gun creating problems for you. Having a gun while breaking other laws generally universally complicates your life.

Bottom line, if any property owner (homeowner, shop owner, theater owner, your mom, etc) says they do not wish you to bring a firearm onto the premises, don't be a dick. Respect that they have as much right to demand that of you, as you have to own and carry guns in other places. If that means you take your business elsewhere then so be it. While *gun* laws may allow you to have it there, you're obviously breaking other laws by violating their wishes, and making the rest of the responsible gun owners/carriers look bad in the process.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...