Thread: exhaust

exhaust

so - i put my deposit down @ vickery for the '06 r1 lmtd edition - (i can't wait). i was trying to figure out what exhaust to get & was unable to find any sound clips for any exhaust systems. does anyone suggests any particular brand. i am looking for a loud deep sound. i was thinking termignoni (its good enough for edwards & rossi on the m1) or the hotbodies racing (but i heard it makes the bike sound like a high pitched 600cc bike). thanks in advance for any responses.
    "Anybody who tells you that money is the root of all evil, doesn't f*cking have any. They say money can't buy happiness. Look at the fucking smile on my face! Ear to ear baby!

Mark
    '02 R6

Re: exhaust

Yami=Graves Exhaust
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

You would be foolish to go with the HotBodies exhaust setup. Just ask Jenny.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

I didn't think hotbodies did an "undertail" like they do for the R6's...as the R1 is already dual undertail.

Def agree with Canuck...lots of problems with melting on the hotbodies.

If you want the exhaust to be even louder go with race baffling too.
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

I think Arata looks and sounds sweet. That would be my choice... but everyone is going to have a different opinion. Except for the Hotbodies exhaust... the stuff of their's that I have seen is pretty poor quality.
    The rolling chicane formerly known as RockyR6

Board Newbie

I have the 2 bros dual undertail on my 636. They make that setup for the R1, maybe they'll bring it for the R6. As far as sound, it's great.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    If you are going to spend the coin on a somewhat rare machine like the LE Yamaha, then I would go ahead make a similar decision with the exhaust.

Something along the lines of the Evo Akra system, The Termi you were talking about, or even the Corsa LeoVince system.

I would definitely keep the whole "exclusivity" theme intact, with a top-shelf exhaust. I'm pretty sure you can get that Corsa system for just under $3000, online.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Oh!... and putting a Hotbodies anything on an LE R1 would be like putting ketchup on a Morton's steak.

Not exactly an enhancement.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

na man.....go with a F1 Cobra exhaust!

seriously though, spend the money on something "exotic" in the way of exhaust. the ones that Barn listed are all excellent. Arrow makes some nice high end setups but if it were my bike i would go with the Termi.
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

Id call TK and get an Arrow on that bad boy.. or Call LP and check out the Termi exahusts.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar
    Mmm... Ketchup!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="234070
    If you are going to spend the coin on a somewhat rare machine like the LE Yamaha, then I would go ahead make a similar decision with the exhaust.

Something along the lines of the Evo Akra system, The Termi you were talking about, or even the Corsa LeoVince system.

I would definitely keep the whole "exclusivity" theme intact, with a top-shelf exhaust. I'm pretty sure you can get that Corsa system for just under $3000, online.

If it were me, I'd probably go with the Termi.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

When I had my Yamaha FZ1, I had a Yoshimura TRS Race slip-on on the bike. The sound was the most awesome sound I have ever heard out of an exhaust.

Furthermore, I have ridden next to police officers who had their windows down, listening to me for noise violations, with no problem.

But when I cranked the throttle on that bike, you could hear the exhaust for a mile.

Lee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000 (K5)
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 (K6) (Wife's bike -> The "Mini-Gixxer")
    2005 Yamaha FJR-1300

If you're riding without a helmet, then you must know that you have nothing to protect.

1948-2011 - R.I.P. Lifetime Supporter Scruff Dog's Avatar

I put a set of Graves on my R1 and love the sound. Also took the stickers off because they never quite match the the bikes colors.
    2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory
    2005 Yamaha R1
    2001 Corvette Z06