Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter buster ride, Sunday March 3rd

Re: Winter buster ride, Sunday March 3rd

I'm in for that benefit idea as well.

The front end of his bike stayed with the boulders and the rest shot over to the side.

Sash gave his lecture as he should have about safety signals and riding. This was just someone riding above his level. He didn't go up with us the first time, but we were talking about how clear and fun it was he probably got hyped up and wanted to try it out.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Shitty that this happened, but sounds like he'll live to ride another day...
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

We arrived about 5 minutes after it happened and there were only the two guys there, the kid that went down and his friend. Two of my friends immediately turned around to head back into Lyons to call for an ambulance since there was no phone signal while two of us stayed to do what we could to help out. We were able to flag down a guy who had a blanket along with a woman and her daughter, who later went to Oscar Blue's to notify the rest of the CSC'ers. Another car stopped and had a satellite phone to call for help as well.

I spoke to his friend that was with him and he said that his friend has been riding since he was 5 years old, and now he is 20. He was coherent and talking, said his back hurt and I believe someone said he broke his femur. Best wishes to him.
    Last edited by Sully; Sun Mar 3rd, 2013 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Let's see the bike at least.

Just heard that somebody watched it go down right in front of them and didn't even stop. That's fucking cold. Can't believe you wouldn't even stop and see if the guy needed CPR.

Nobody kept riding. I saw it right in front of me. Poor kid just push his limits beyond his control. When I got off to chk his friend was fratically re-assuring him . When I saw he was behind the boulder I did not want to see. I did go up to meet the rest and shared the news.

After mdub told the group at the top what happened, we rode down to see if we could help. It was a bad scene, hopefully he will fully recover.
    Aprilia RSV Mille R

Because I rarely have good encounters with LEO I wanna say thank you to Boulder County for their very quick response and professionalism.
    One point LEO.

And I wish you a speedy recovery rider.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Oooo broken femurs are no joke. fever such a big strong bones that when it does break it like to break in jagged pieces and often times can cut the femoral artery and you can bleed out right there in less than 2 minutes.
    - Jason
    Gixxer 600

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/tinkerinWstuff/98vfr800/csc%20rides/660ACC14-4F5B-480B-833E-831A613CB722-3851-000001F541F0D638_zps5c0fa683.jpg
    nice panorama! Is that the full resolution or is there a higher res that you would be willing to send to me?

- Jason
    Gixxer 600

Quote Originally Posted by The-Violator View Post
    nice panorama! Is that the full resolution or is there a higher res that you would be willing to send to me?

It was 7meg when I uploaded it to photobucket. Shoot me a PM if you can't get it off there full size.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Been 5 1/2 years since I broke my femur. Shit still hurts once in awhile.

Hope the guy is ok and has a speedy recovery.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Oh, man... that's awful, hope the guy's doing OK! That must have happened after Erin and I took off from Oskar Blues.

BTW, she and I both had a good ride- thanks Sascha for organizing!
    Good to see some familiar faces; will try to meet more of the new ones next time.
    "Be polite to dragons- for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

'07 Yamaha R1, Red -Rojo
    '01 Yamaha R1, Blue -KaBluie
    '01 C5 LS1 convertible -Spike

Yeah about the slower paced riders.. Maybe we need to make groups again. Expert speeds. Intermediate. and beginner speeds. I think that would help a lot with bad things happening..

Too bad this guy learned the hard way :/ i was able to just correct myself.

What if we made a pre-ride thread that would explain what to do in certain situations with more expert riders? Just want to help out the new guys like myself.

Couple pics.

06 GSXR 750

That's not a good way to start the riding season, sorry to hear about that! I'm still in full sledding mode, spent the day at Rabbit Ears pass, not much time left before the big melt starts! See you guys on the next one.

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

love the pics, thanks

Riders gotta ride your own ride....period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    Yeah about the slower paced riders.. Maybe we need to make groups again. Expert speeds. Intermediate. and beginner speeds. I think that would help a lot with bad things happening..

Too bad this guy learned the hard way :/ i was able to just correct myself.

What if we made a pre-ride thread that would explain what to do in certain situations with more expert riders? Just want to help out the new guys like myself.

I still like the mentor program. Im far from a pro rider but would be happy to pair up with a noob or two. I think it may be even more important on group rides because thats when the "if he can I can" attitude is the worst and gets less skilled riders in trouble.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Just like june said, by riding your own ride it causes experience to come with that seat time and working on improving form and skills thorughout that time. All of us were new at some point, learned from others but mainly from mistakes we made as noobs. The key is to know your limit and not letting those limits get pushed because you think you have something to prove or you want to keep up. Not saying that's the case with the given rider but its the most common seen scenario during crashes with newer people. I've had plenty of rides where new people show up, first few rides they're doubtful but after a few months they rode smoother and with much more confidence. It's all patience and time with two wheels to learn the proper way.

Bummed I missed out, looks like a good turnout. Had to help out my race car "sorta" sponsor with this weekends dyno day festivities. Sorry to hear about the downed rider. That's never a good thing when flight for life has to show up . As far as new riders go in the mountains, you have to have to have to ride your own ride. The mentor deal is also a great idea, one of the first few rides I went on with the CSC group I got some awesome pointers from guys like Nutz that made me much much more comfortable and a TON safer up there. It's things like that from the good folks with the CSC that make riding with this group more enjoyable. Ride safe everyone! Till next time!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Dang.. Hope the rider heals up quickly.

This is why I usually don't join on rides I'm invited to, cause I know their pace is above mine.. I always ride my own ride but my main concern is holding others back from enjoying their pace/ride.

Member Yearly Supporter Jtigger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biikChiQ View Post

This is why I usually don't join on rides I'm invited to, cause I know their pace is above mine.. I always ride my own ride but my main concern is holding others back from enjoying their pace/ride.
    I am always willing to take a leisurely stroll up a canyon or through town. Even on my best day I am not the fastest, but it doesn't bother me at all to hang out with someone who would like company.

Quote Originally Posted by biikChiQ View Post

On the rides you came with us you were riding your ride and you were doing just fine and didn't hold us back at all, I would take a couple turns quickly here and there but I'd hang back for a mellow ride with the group. Being "slow" as everyone calls it is not a bad thing.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Being "slow" as everyone calls it is not a bad thing.
    It can be when you see faster riders putting slower riders at risk for their benefit, slower riders can do the same as well. Saw and heard of a few close calls due to people putting others at risk. Fast or slow, people need to respect others and their right to have a safe ride, without harm. I'm not innocent myself, but I think the expectation for a large group with new folks to the club or motorcycling should be as it was set in this thread. I think the term "ride your own ride" also means "respect others not riding like you".

Sorry to hear about the down rider, I rode around him a bit on our way to Lyons. Hopefully it's just a femur.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

What do you mean faster riders putting them at risk for their benefit?

Can I get a benefit for mountain-tested DRZ repairs?

Donations over $500 will get a personal, hand-delivered cheap thank you card from Hallmark.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd