Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hey fellas, had to fire 4 shovelers the other night... Any one wanna shovel for $15/h

Re: Hey fellas, had to fire 4 shovelers the other night... Any one wanna shovel for $

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    True, maybe interested people PM'd or something, so guess I shouldn't assume no interest or assume they got fired for not caring.

But yeah people asking for $20 plus to shovel snow it pretty crazy to me considering. I just see so many people needing jobs, but then they suddenly become picky. Hell if I were unemployed and had to feed my family I'd pick up horse sh*t and be happy I made a paycheck.

All in all, it was cool that Lee offered it up here in hopes of helping out a CSC member needing extra cash
    $20 Hr has been the pay rate for hand shovelers for a long time, it's shitty work in shitty conditions for extremely long hours in commercial snow removal. Now if you shoveling a 10' walk way and getting back into a warm truck for 45 minutes till the next job, sure $15 is appropriate.

QUOTE=Grim2.0;720282]That was for you sport.[/

Just answer the question with out being a dick.
    Last edited by TEC 2.0; Mon Feb 25th, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

Re: Hey fellas, had to fire 4 shovelers the other night... Any one wanna shovel for $

20/hour for shoveling snow is a shit-load. Every time I see an ad for it, it's at or below 12/hour. 15/hour sounds fantastic in that regard.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

I've yet to hear people shoveling snow for anything over $15/hr unless they're CDOT or some crazy shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    20/hour for shoveling snow is a shit-load. Every time I see an ad for it, it's at or below 12/hour. 15/hour sounds fantastic in that regard.
    +1

I used to charge $20 per driveway as a kid and it didn't take me an hour, so where would the justification in charging more than $15 an hour for a grown adult to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by TEC 2.0 View Post
    $20 Hr has been the pay rate for hand shovelers for a long time, it's shitty work in shitty conditions for extremely long hours in commercial snow removal. Now if you shoveling a 10' walk way and getting back into a warm truck for 45 minutes till the next job, sure $15 is appropriate.
    Only speaking for me, but you got to understand big53lee is a buddy of mine so just was a bit of a dick move to tell people this on his thread....same as when someone goes on a "for sale" thread and talks about someone's asking price. Like, WTF, just move along if you don't like and don't ruin it for the poster. No big deal to me though, was just pointing out why you may have got some heat right away.

And I will still disagree that $15 is not enough to shovel snow as to me it doesn't require much "skill/education" and bet big53lee could go down to Home Depot and find a few people happy to do it (and yes some may not be legal, but they will do it with a smile). Yet he came here to offer it up. Plus I admire anyone creating their own business and putting the hard work it takes...
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    yer on, do some more photochopping.
    Dont temp me...
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    And that person will probably not show back up the next storm, living you SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I've yet to hear people shoveling snow for anything over $15/hr unless they're CDOT or some crazy shit like that.
    CDOT does not shovel snow and unfortunately most of the hwy workers make less then 45K a year.

Only speaking for me, but you got to understand big53lee is a buddy of mine so just was a bit of a dick move to tell people this on his thread....same as when someone goes on a "for sale" thread and talks about someone's asking price. Like, WTF, just move along if you don't like and don't ruin it for the poster. No big deal to me though, was just pointing out why you may have got some heat right away.

And I will still disagree that $15 is not enough to shovel snow as to me it doesn't require much "skill/education" and bet big53lee could go down to Home Depot and find a few people happy to do it (and yes some may not be legal, but they will do it with a smile). Yet he came here to offer it up. Plus I admire anyone creating their own business and putting the hard work it takes...
    In my post I said that a company I worked for, a company that works in Greenwood village, was paying more money to it's hand snow shovelers. Take it as you wish, but most people will go other places for a little extra cash.

biglee also posted he had to fire is guys, probably because they don't care about him or his business? Like most underpaid people do.

I own two business in Grand county, Ram Painting, llc and Winter services, llc. All my guys make $20-35 an hour based on there skills and work ethic. Some don't have a college education, but they work there ass's off and make the company money. Just because it's unskilled labor don't mean you can take advantage and pay them a shitty wage.

I own two business in Grand county, Ram Painting, llc a

What kind of painting?

What kind of painting?
    Commercial and residential

Everyone on CSC is a business expert.

$15 IS TOO LITTLE LOL IDIOT LEARN2SMALLBUSINESS
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Everyone on CSC is a business expert.

$15 IS TOO LITTLE LOL IDIOT LEARN2SMALLBUSINESS
    What no comment on my bad trolling, I'm offended.

In my post I said that a company I worked for, a company that works in Greenwood village, was paying more money to it's hand snow shovelers. Take it as you wish, but most people will go other places for a little extra cash.

biglee also posted he had to fire is guys, probably because they don't care about him or his business? Like most underpaid people do.

I own two business in Grand county, Ram Painting, llc and Winter services, llc. All my guys make $20-35 an hour based on there skills and work ethic. Some don't have a college education, but they work there ass's off and make the company money. Just because it's unskilled labor don't mean you can take advantage and pay them a shitty wage.
    So you must be Brain Blois then? Funny as I see your add states you do "snow removal" too! Maybe there is a hidden motive here and you are just trying to bash the competition!!!

Hey knobbers.... $15 under the table IS $20 on the books

Also, there will always be companies that are willing to pay their employees more. I am one of them. I pay more and expect the best, in the long run its worth it to me but you will see that a lot of startups run thin and thats actually pretty smart. The secret is to find some good people and then start paying them more. Before you know it 8 out of your 10 employees will be making more then the industry standard and will hang around (through thick and thin).

The CSC "business" talks always amuse me
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Mon Feb 25th, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Hey knobbers.... $15 under the table IS $20 on the books I run a business i know!!
    Ej gets people rich fast and tax free!

[QUOTE=bulldog;720314]So you must be Brain Blois then? Funny as I see your add states you do "snow removal" too! Maybe there is a hidden motive here and you are just trying to bash the competition!!!

I don't work in Denver, I have no need to leave the county to make money.

Ej gets people rich fast and tax free!
    No Sean, I dont. But im willing to bet that Lees offer was for under the table... Not the same "under the table" that you are used to

I don't work in Denver, I have no need to leave the county to make money.
    Sure buddy...one minute you "worked for" a snow removal place and next you "own" a snow removal company. Your credibility is fading

What no comment on my bad trolling, I'm offended.
    You can't drop the newb at the end and lead them onto the trolling, not to mention the picture on the second page.

You must stay the path and get a real rise out of people.

7/10 overall. Would laugh at again.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Sure buddy...one minute you "worked for" a snow removal place and next you "own" a snow removal company. Your credibility is fading

Why would I haul my equipment to Denver for 3 storms a year? When it snows every 3 days up here.

Grim is not even trolling... We need a new word thats more like what a mosquito does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Grim is not even trolling... We need a new word thats more like what a mosquito does.
    Pestering?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Pestering?

Now we need it to apply to the physical act of doing it on forums.

How about irritating = tating

When used in a sentence: Grim is tating the n00bs again.

Why would I haul my equipment to Denver for 3 storms a year? When it snows every 3 days up here.
    No idea, but why not just say you owned a "snow removal" company in the first place then????

For all we know you own a sister company in Denver.....see this is what happens when a Newb comes on and starts throwing their weight around when nobody knows them.