Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Hey fellas, had to fire 4 shovelers the other night... Any one wanna shovel for $15/h

Re: Hey fellas, had to fire 4 shovelers the other night... Any one wanna shovel for $

I lasted 90 minutes before my back said STOP!!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Re: Hey fellas, had to fire 4 shovelers the other night... Any one wanna shovel for $

Quote Originally Posted by TEC 2.0 View Post
    You probobly pay that robot more than you should.

I am obviously way late to the game on this one as I was out working the storm. Whoever you are that owns the "snow removal" company in grand county, you can typically charge higher rates up there, meaning you can pay your guys more. Down here in the Denver metro, going rate for a shoveler is $15 and guys running trucks or operating equipment make $20+ an hour depending on company and experiene level. I work for a company as large as Groundmasters, if not larger and their payscale that you claim is not the norm in the industry. Biglee was offering a very fair wage and is what I would call standard around here for shovelers. Like others have said you see people offering less than that on craigslist, I just laugh at those ads and know they either won't find anybody or they won't have reliable help.
    Last edited by fairrpe86; Mon Feb 25th, 2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    You probobly pay that robot more than you should.
    That thing is badass! I want one, but with a flame thrower on it too, not just a plow. So I can chase soliciters around the neighborhood.

P.S. This thread blows, wow. (except the robot)
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by fairrpe86 View Post
    I am obviously way late to the game on this one as I was out working the storm. Whoever you are that owns the "snow removal" company in grand county, you can typically charge higher rates up there, meaning you can pay your guys more. Down here in the Denver metro, going rate for a shoveler is $15 and guys running trucks or operating equipment make $20+ an hour depending on company and experiene level. I work for a company as large as Groundmasters, if not larger and their payscale that you claim is not the norm in the industry. Biglee was offering a very fair wage and is what I would call standard around here for shovelers. Like others have said you see people offering less than that on craigslist, I just laugh at those ads and know they either won't find anybody or they won't have reliable help.
    YAHTZEE!

Now I hope Lee sets out and kicks all you naysayers asses!
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I bet 99% of you guys have not shoveled snow for more than an hour (now, not when you were 12), and would not last for two hours.
    Sh*t! I went to the gym for 2 hours Friday, spent the day snowboarding with Sasha on Saturday, went to the gym for 2 hours on Sunday, then came back and shoveled for two hours. And of course went to the gym yesterday too. Not sore one bit! Honestly

I lasted 90 minutes before my back said STOP!!
    Wuss!!!! ...jk John....but look at what a gymrat can do...guess those man made machines may actually work
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Feb 26th, 2013 at 07:52 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Sh*t! I went to the gym for 2 hours Friday, spent the day snowboarding with Sasha on Saturday, went to the gym for 2 hours on Sunday, then came back and shoveled for two hours. And of course went to the gym yesterday too. Not sore one bit! Honestly

Wuss!!!! ...jk John....but look at what a gymrat can do...guess those man made machines may actually work
    be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

Quote Originally Posted by SaShWhO View Post
    That pic is awesome...saved!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

Yeah, yeah, I went to the gym too. You forget that I'm graded on the FOG scale.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Yeah, yeah, I went to the gym too. You forget that I'm graded on the FOG scale.
    Just messing with you man. I got mad respect for your fitness...for a FOG (although I am no Spring Chicken myself)