Thread: Which heli company does HPR/MRA use?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Which heli company does HPR/MRA use?

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    It's only 20k if you don't have insurance, my insurance co would probably, at most, pay them a grand, from what they negotiated for me in the past. For example I went to the hospital, the hospital wanted 4k, I paid 15 dollars.

So really only those who can't afford it have to pay, it makes sense.
    That's weird man cause my stepdad had his son air lifted some years ago and he had one of the best insurances in the market. The ride total cost like $45k and even with insurance and all that crap he still had to pocket out like $12k for that one (of course given different circumstances may change price and what not) but yea.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    That's weird man cause my stepdad had his son air lifted some years ago and he had one of the best insurances in the market. The ride total cost like $45k and even with insurance and all that crap he still had to pocket out like $12k for that one (of course given different circumstances may change price and what not) but yea.

Well I have a maximum deductible per service of 250 dollars, and I just checked Air life is in network, so it couldn't be more than that.

Well I have a maximum deductible per service of 250 dollars, and I just checked Air life is in network, so it couldn't be more than that.
    I dk, that's what the situation was at that time so not sure if other things within policy or whatever went into play there along with that.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I dk, that's what the situation was at that time so not sure if other things within policy or whatever went into play there along with that.
    Well the company could have been out of network, which would change to the coinsurance rate I think, which mine is 80/20, so in a 45K trip it would cost me, 9000 dollars.

The insurance system is just a scam. What person with out insurance can afford 9k let alone more?

Well the company could have been out of network, which would change to the coinsurance rate I think, which mine is 80/20, so in a 45K trip it would cost me, 9000 dollars.

The insurance system is just a scam. What person with out insurance can afford 9k let alone more?
    Could've been, didn't know the the circumstances 100% behind it but overheard him and my mom talking numbers and shit lol.... Yea insurances are bullshit for sure.