Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rider Coaching Sunday 3.17.13

New Rider Coaching Sunday 3.17.13

Continuation of this thread.
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=49628

In an effort to put my money, or time, where my mouth is Im going to do some new rider coaching this Sunday morning. Small group for an hour of chalk talk then a couple hours of controlled canyon riding to practice and critique technique.

I'm not Keith Code or Jason Pridmore but I have had the chance to learn from both of them as well as many other great riders along the way, including Bueller (old guys rule). I have taken the MSF course, all though it was many years ago, and have logged 1000s of street and track miles. I love our sport and am offering to pass along some of my experience to some new riders who are interested in learning. No tricks just wanna pay forward the great mentors I've had over the years.

PM me for details.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

a part of hell where its always warm and the roads are to die for

Re: New Rider Coaching Sunday 3.17.13

Not a bad idea

Not Trying to be a hater on this, as I really think this is a great idea, but..... Are the roads in the canyons dry/un-sanded yet ? might not be a great idea to take newbs up this early in the season
    2011 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by DiddysR6 View Post
    Not Trying to be a hater on this, as I really think this is a great idea, but..... Are the roads in the canyons dry/un-sanded yet ? might not be a great idea to take newbs up this early in the season
    Although I agree there will probably be some sand, that's part of street riding. There is always some sand, cage, cop, dog, deer, bicyclist, road crew, ice, run off, rock slide, pot hole, tar snake, jogger, cruiser, wind storm, cold front, screwing up a perfect ride. Learning to expect the unexpected is how new riders become veterans. Just wanna give a noob a fighting chance at surviving their first couple years on two wheels
    Last edited by Cornfed; Wed Mar 13th, 2013 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Although I agree there will probably be some sand, that's part of street riding. There is always some sand, cage, cop, dog, deer, bicyclist, road crew, ice, run off, rock slide, pot hole, tar snake, jogger, cruiser, wind storm, cold front, screwing up a perfect ride. Learning to expect the unexpected is how new riders become veterans. Just wanna give a noob a fighting chance at surviving their first couple years on two wheels
    This, you have to slowly but surely expose yourself to everyday riding to be able to learn and master your craft. Hell we went up squaw pass on full ice and snow a few years ago and made it out just fine to go enjoy some awesome Beau jo's pizza in Idaho springs lol... I may be able to sweep for ya sunday depending on time, gotta take my buddy's 675 daytona out for some love
    Last edited by madvlad; Wed Mar 13th, 2013 at 06:22 PM.

Senior Member Moderator

I would love to make this, but Sundays are usually a no-go for me. Good on you for doing this. Some peeps are going to get some valuable instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    I would love to make this, but Sundays are usually a no-go for me. Good on you for doing this. Some peeps are going to get some valuable instruction.
    Thanks for the compliment. I have room for two more and would love to have you join us. Should be some good, real world tips on how to have fun in the canyons AND make it home to ride again. You should be back in the springs by 1:30 if that helps you.

I may be in to help with some good tips for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    God forbid.

When you feel the front end start to go, just bail off the fucking bike, aight?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

The bike is replaceable.

Gorideintoanothermountainkthanksbye

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    This, you have to slowly but surely expose yourself to everyday riding to be able to learn and master your craft. Hell we went up squaw pass on full ice and snow a few years ago and made it out just fine to go enjoy some awesome Beau jo's pizza in Idaho springs lol... I may be able to sweep for ya sunday depending on time, gotta take my buddy's 675 daytona out for some love
    The r6 is yours if you want Sunday too, Ill be out of town. It will be GP shift from now on though :P
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for the compliment. I have room for two more and would love to have you join us. Should be some good, real world tips on how to have fun in the canyons AND make it home to ride again. You should be back in the springs by 1:30 if that helps you.
    I wish it did, but I have obligations from 11am - 2pm. Enjoy the canyons. I know I'll be wishing I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    The r6 is yours if you want Sunday too, Ill be out of town. It will be GP shift from now on though :P
    Hmmm may take you up on that offer ... well Chad if you'd like a sweeper lmk, I'm just there to give you a hand with keeping an eye out in the back of the pack but not to interfere with your process man. As I said lmk, I don't mind helping.

Like proper push up technique in the middle of the street in a line of traffic? Although I can take nothing away from you, your form is great, ya just might wanna save that for Hooligan 101, this is Noob 101.

Hmmm may take you up on that offer ... well Chad if you'd like a sweeper lmk, I'm just there to give you a hand with keeping an eye out in the back of the pack but not to interfere with your process man. As I said lmk, I don't mind helping.
    Of course your welcome to come along. This wont be our normal Sunday ride so Im not sure a sweeper is necessary but if your up for a relaxing Sunday cruise Id love to have you. Besides, I havent seen ya in probably a year.
    Last edited by Cornfed; Thu Mar 14th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

Like proper push up technique in the middle of the street in a line of traffic? Although I can take nothing away from you, your form is great, ya just might wanna save that for Hooligan 101, this is Noob 101.

Pushups during a stoplight are a crucial part of riding, it keeps the blood flowing, the muscles loose and the lungs stretched.

Of course your welcome to come along. This wont be our normal Sunday ride so Im not sure a sweeper is necessary but if your up for a relaxing Sunday cruise Id love to have you. Besides, I havent seen ya in probably a year.
    You know I ride pretty relaxed for the most part plus after my run in with Morrison a couple of weeks ago after 5 years of no awards I'll be in the chill for quite sometime yet again lol, except that one time at band camp... oh wait wrong story ... that time going up to hwy 7 when you guys found out that I really could ride and it wasn't all talk haha... Just shoot me a text or a PM as far as time and I'm down!

You know I ride pretty relaxed for the most part plus after my run in with Morrison a couple of weeks ago after 5 years of no awards I'll be in the chill for quite sometime yet again lol, except that one time at band camp... oh wait wrong story ... that time going up to hwy 7 when you guys found out that I really could ride and it wasn't all talk haha... Just shoot me a text or a PM as far as time and I'm down!

Did you get a performance award?

Did you get a performance award?
    yep, and not in two wheels which is the worst of all... 5 years of being good and all that shit, made a mistake of passing some bitch on the right cause she was doing 50mph in a 65mph on the left lane but was too busy looking at that dumb bitch and next thing I know there he is!... that Morrison pig didn't even cut me a break that fuck, I could've easily been a dick, cut the lights and just booked the shit and there's no way he would've caught me but no like an honest person I pulled over cause I saw him pulling out and I knew he was coming for me as I know I passed on the right a bit fast cause that lady was just ridiculous but nope just a dick to the core... I hate Morrison police. Not trying to excuse myself for what I did but seriously, what's the point of being good if you can't make a mistake at all and they won't cut you a break for shit. Fucking leeches... .... other reason why I hate them is because I got a ticket for doing absolutely nothing but being a good friend and pulling over for my friend who was speeding, but hey no here he thought "shit two birds of one stone, going to be a good month for me!" wrote us both up for the same thing!!!!... went to court to hear his sad ass story, judge just held his face and told me to go home and got the ticket dropped and got that dumbass cop fired or so I heard a few weeks later for lying.
    Last edited by madvlad; Thu Mar 14th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

What was the latest Officers name ? I know a Morrison cop. ( they don't have many ) haha
    2011 GSXR 750

I dk, I have to look at the ticket but doesn't matter. Fuck them anyways, I'll just pay and move on with my life, got better shit to do than fight this bullshit at court

yep, and not in two wheels which is the worst of all... 5 years of being good and all that shit, made a mistake of passing some bitch on the right cause she was doing 50mph in a 65mph on the left lane but was too busy looking at that dumb bitch and next thing I know there he is!... that Morrison pig didn't even cut me a break that fuck, I could've easily been a dick, cut the lights and just booked the shit and there's no way he would've caught me but no like an honest person I pulled over cause I saw him pulling out and I knew he was coming for me as I know I passed on the right a bit fast cause that lady was just ridiculous but nope just a dick to the core... I hate Morrison police. Not trying to excuse myself for what I did but seriously, what's the point of being good if you can't make a mistake at all and they won't cut you a break for shit. Fucking leeches... .... other reason why I hate them is because I got a ticket for doing absolutely nothing but being a good friend and pulling over for my friend who was speeding, but hey no here he thought "shit two birds of one stone, going to be a good month for me!" wrote us both up for the same thing!!!!... went to court to hear his sad ass story, judge just held his face and told me to go home and got the ticket dropped and got that dumbass cop fired or so I heard a few weeks later for lying.
    So what speed did the cop clock you at when he pulled you over?

Excited to be a part of it!
    I'll be coming up from the Spgs.
    2000 Honda RC51

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    So what speed did the cop clock you at when he pulled you over?
    Enough of the threadjack, let's just leave it at he probably lied about the speed he said I was doing, not saying I wasn't speeding cause I was but no way in hell that much.... Anyways, I'll be seeing you guys on Sunday to have a good and mellow time

Looks like we are going to have a good group. I have room for one more.

Lookin forward to seeing ya, Token.
    Last edited by Cornfed; Thu Mar 14th, 2013 at 02:58 PM.