Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed Sucks.... Still

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Speed Sucks.... Still

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    The package that adds BeIN will cost you $9.99/month extra. You most likely already have NBC Sports .

Other than WSBK when its live, BeIN has nothing but lots and lots of soccer, which i am sure you LOVE
    Hah! The only things I want TV for are local weather, MotoGP, F1, and WSB. Everything else is optional......
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

NBS Sports Network used to be Versus. They actually showed the Friday practices, Saturday (and Sunday) qualifying, pre-race and post-race shows.

I missed F1! frack.
    Anyone know what channel nbc sports is for direct tv?

220 I believe.

220 is correct but that is a move, last year it was 603. I am glad you posted that, in May I will see if my series link for AMA Motocross follows the channel change.

I was lucky to stumble on to it in time to catch F1 this weekend, thankfully. I'm still totally pissed I missed the first race, to see Kimi win in the Lotus. Fuck NASCRAPVISION...
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

What sucks is indycrap went over time so they could do driver interviews. I watched half the F1 race and hit record then left my place.

Well because of that time delay, my recording cut off with 5 laps remaining. ugh

These guys are much better than NASCAR or Indy. Turbo charged V8s on a road/street course swapping paint. They also have full races up on their YouTube channel Autrailian V8 Supercars, and free live streaming. And here is the first 2 races for the 2013 Season.

One less thing you need SPEED for...
    Last edited by Snowman; Mon Mar 25th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.

MRA Racer No.427

NBCS showed F1 and it was on about 1:30pm Sunday. They have the contract for the season.

Unfortunately, the Indy car series ran over, so it didn't start until 25 minutes later. That meant F1 ran long and past the 3:30pm it was slotted for. I was watching it and was glad not to have followed up via DVR, like Joe, otherwise I would've missed the whole leader change at the end, too.

And thanks to NBCS! They rolled the ticker with who won, just as F1 race began. Nice, SUPER NICE of the network
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Mon Mar 25th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Quote Originally Posted by sprtbkbabe View Post
    NBCS showed F1 and it was on about 1:30pm Sunday. They have the contract for the season.

Unfortunately, the Indy car series ran over, so it didn't start until 25 minutes later. That meant F1 ran long and past the 3:30pm it was slotted for. I was watching it and was glad not to have followed up via DVR, like Joe, otherwise I would've missed the whole leader change at the end, too.

And thanks to NBCS! They rolled the ticker with who won, just as F1 race began. Nice, SUPER NICE of the network
    Yeah, major stupid move. Honestly, I though the NASCCRAP channels coverage of F1 last year was pretty good, practice, qualifying, and interviews/tech. NBCS kinda dropped the ball, especially on the Indycar thing, which, honestly, kinda bored me. Luckily I was actually watching it so I could start recording it when it actually started.

On another note: It was a pretty good race, with the exception of Alonzo's completely STOOPID rookie mistake mistake (not in tapping Vettel, but in not pitting). WTF???? Doh!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    These guys are much better than NASCAR or Indy. Turbo charged V8s on a road/street course swapping paint. They also have full races up on their YouTube channel Autrailian V8 Supercars, and free live streaming. And here is the first 2 races for the 2013 Season.

One less thing you need SPEED for...
    I REALLY like that series, especially the Bathurst 1000. These guys RAWK, and are what NASCRAP here SHOULD be.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Yeah, major stupid move. Honestly, I though the NASCCRAP channels coverage of F1 last year was pretty good, practice, qualifying, and interviews/tech. NBCS kinda dropped the ball, especially on the Indycar thing, which, honestly, kinda bored me. Luckily I was actually watching it so I could start recording it when it actually started.

On another note: It was a pretty good race, with the exception of Alonzo's completely STOOPID rookie mistake mistake (not in tapping Vettel, but in not pitting). WTF???? Doh!
    reports this morning were that american broadcast made it seem like it was alonzo's fault, but ferrari actually made the call. Haven't seen any interviews this morning though

F1 is damned exciting

Fauk! MotoGP at least is enjoyable online w/SPEED2

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/raci...rts-1-speedtv/

After witnessing the World Superbike Championship relegated to the obscurity of the beIN Sports channel for live race coverage (it was good coverage though), American motorcycle race fans can rest easy, as Dorna has finally inked an American TV deal for MotoGP.
    Signing a three-year deal with FOX Sports, the 2013 MotoGP Championship will again air on the SPEED Channel, which will then become the FOX Sports 1 channel later in August (the Indianapolis GP will air during the new channel’s premiere week).
    The news is a relief for the fans who thought MotoGP would go without television coverage in the United States this year, though that was never really a possibility.
    To its credit, it looks like FOX Sports will give more extensive coverage to MotoGP, with the US qualifying rounds and pre-race coverage being broadcasted on TV. Free Practice and on-board footage will be available as well, although they will be sequestered to SPEED.com and SPEED2.
    “With an international event line-up that includes three U.S. stops, MotoGP brings an immediate world class motor sports presence to the FOX Sports 1 line-up,” said FOX Sports EVP Programming & Research Bill Wanger. “Having the race from iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway fall on our FS1 launch weekend is a bonus, and one of which we plan to take full advantage.”
    “We’re very proud of this new agreement with Fox Sports and we are looking forward to being part of this huge project that is Fox Sports 1,” added Dorna’s Managing Director of the Media Area Manel Arroyo. “Through this agreement, MotoGP will continue to be watched by our extensive American fan base, via the Speed channel until August and from then on, via the new Fox Sports 1 channel.
    “Our 15-year partnership is arriving now to a very exciting MotoGP season with three GPs on U.S. soil and the promise of some thrilling action on track, continued Manel. “We will deliver the very highest standard of TV coverage of the Championship, using the latest production technologies, which is what our fans in the U.S. and around the world and also our Global media partners like the Fox Sports Group, deserve.”

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

After witnessing the World Superbike Championship relegated to the obscurity of the beIN Sports channel for live race coverage (it was good coverage though), American motorcycle race fans can rest easy, as Dorna has finally inked an American TV deal for MotoGP.
    Signing a three-year deal with FOX Sports, the 2013 MotoGP Championship will again air on the SPEED Channel, which will then become the FOX Sports 1 channel later in August (the Indianapolis GP will air during the new channel’s premiere week).
    The news is a relief for the fans who thought MotoGP would go without television coverage in the United States this year, though that was never really a possibility.
    To its credit, it looks like FOX Sports will give more extensive coverage to MotoGP, with the US qualifying rounds and pre-race coverage being broadcasted on TV. Free Practice and on-board footage will be available as well, although they will be sequestered to SPEED.com and SPEED2.
    “With an international event line-up that includes three U.S. stops, MotoGP brings an immediate world class motor sports presence to the FOX Sports 1 line-up,” said FOX Sports EVP Programming & Research Bill Wanger. “Having the race from iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway fall on our FS1 launch weekend is a bonus, and one of which we plan to take full advantage.”
    “We’re very proud of this new agreement with Fox Sports and we are looking forward to being part of this huge project that is Fox Sports 1,” added Dorna’s Managing Director of the Media Area Manel Arroyo. “Through this agreement, MotoGP will continue to be watched by our extensive American fan base, via the Speed channel until August and from then on, via the new Fox Sports 1 channel.
    “Our 15-year partnership is arriving now to a very exciting MotoGP season with three GPs on U.S. soil and the promise of some thrilling action on track, continued Manel. “We will deliver the very highest standard of TV coverage of the Championship, using the latest production technologies, which is what our fans in the U.S. and around the world and also our Global media partners like the Fox Sports Group, deserve.”
    Wow, awesome, thanks for the info Siobhan! You RAWK!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    reports this morning were that american broadcast made it seem like it was alonzo's fault, but ferrari actually made the call. Haven't seen any interviews this morning though

F1 is damned exciting
    Well, from what they said yesterday the pits made the call, and Alonzo CHOSE to stay out. With the Machiavellian world of Ferrari who will ever really know......

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I've never seen such an unhappy F1 podium due to team orders. Well, 'cept maybe for Vettel.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I've never seen such an unhappy F1 podium due to team orders. Well, 'cept maybe for Vettel.
    ......and Hamilton. At least, surprisingly, Hamilton had the good grace to be thankful for team orders.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Hopefully they don't allow Greg Creamer to commentate again. That guy makes me want to punch a baby.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Hopefully they don't allow Greg Creamer to commentate again. That guy makes me want to punch a baby.
    GO LORENTHOOOOOOO!

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

GO LORENTHOOOOOOO!
    Don't forget the "Tech Twahhhh" Yamaha squad... WTH?
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

......and Hamilton. At least, surprisingly, Hamilton had the good grace to be thankful for team orders.....
    No, not really. Hamilton said "I shouldn't be here." All three of them looked glum and unhappy.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

You know that Jorge himself has stated that in the dialect of the region of Spain he is from Lorentho is absolutely correct. It just sounds so strange to English speakers I would use Lorenzo myself.

As for Tech 3, Tech twah (or Tech Trois) is the correct French pronunciation. However as it is an English broadcast I would just say Tech Three myself.

One guy who really has it rough is Marvin Musquin. It is commonly pronounced moose-can, sometimes it is a little closer with moo-scan but the correct pronunciation is more like mo-skawhn (I cant even pronounce it correctly myself)

I have the DVR set to record all F1, it was ready to go when I got up Sunday morning, qualifying was waiting on Saturday morning and practice 1 & 2 was on there Friday morning. Remember the Australian/Asian races are "live" around 1:30 in the morning. They also have the pre-race show as a separate show on the Directv so you have to set that separately on a DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    You know that Jorge himself has stated that in the dialect of the region of Spain he is from Lorentho is absolutely correct. It just sounds so strange to English speakers I would use Lorenzo myself.

As for Tech 3, Tech twah (or Tech Trois) is the correct French pronunciation. However as it is an English broadcast I would just say Tech Three myself.

One guy who really has it rough is Marvin Musquin. It is commonly pronounced moose-can, sometimes it is a little closer with moo-scan but the correct pronunciation is more like mo-skawhn (I cant even pronounce it correctly myself)
    Lorentho just sounds ghey......

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian