Thread: Body Beautifull Paint shop Review

Thumbs up Body Beautifull Paint shop Review

As many of you know i purchased new Plastics for the Ninja, leaving me with having to get the tank painted, rather than doing it myself which i normally do I decided to source an outside company that would handle it for me. I contacted Body Beautiful in Centennial with the convenience that it was within 5 minutes of my office and house. When i asked if they were able to paint motorcycle parts i was told it should not be a problem and to bring what i would like painted by and they would take a look. Keep in mind i only had to call once and someone picked up right away, (every other shop i have called it just rings and i have to leave a voice mail).

The shop closes at 5:30PM which is pretty convenient for the 9-5 worker, I was greeted by the owner, we walked out to my vehicle to look at the tank and he said it would cost $150 to paint, knowing how much paint costs and the labor i knew this was more than fair. When i asked how long it would take he said he could have it done and ready by Friday afternoon, (this was on Wednesday) which is even more amazing at that $$ amount. I told him no rush i can just get it next week whenever you are done with it. I was contacted on Monday to be told they were putting it in the booth to be painted and they just wanted to give me the heads up. I was then contacted again on Tuesday late morning and was told it was done and ready to be picked up, which i find to be very convenient because it allowed me to not have to rush if i were to decide i wanted to pick it up that day i had plenty of time.

Upon inspection of the tank they nailed the color match, I was more than impressed with the quality, smoothness, and match. I have a carbon fiber tank guard on that is very difficult to remove so they masked it off to paint the tank, you cannot even tell that they never removed the guard, it almost looks like they actually did remove it and re-applied it, there was not a single spec of paint on the guard and the paint line does not stop right at the base of the guard. This shows me that they definitely took their time and payed attention to detail while doing the prep work, and anyone who paints or has painted understands that the prepping is more work than the painting itself.

The overall quality is nothing short of spectacular and the durability test was put into action this morning as i had to fill the Ninja up with gas, a few little droplets got on the tank and once they dried there were no rings leftover or any sign of the paint fading, this shows they are not using cheap quality paint and with this being a Matte black there is no gloss protector over the paint so it is important that the highest quality of paint is used.

I highly recommend that anyone who is in the market or looking to have parts painted to give this place a call and get a free estimate, i asked if they will do motorcycles and was told that they have done a few here and there, i imagine they have not had a lot of requests for motorcycles so i hope that this review will provide them with more opportunities to do so. it is always important to support our local business and better yet this is a family run business so you know that you are getting the attention and care that you deserve.

Pics are below, keep in mind they did the tank only, not the plastic piece that is directly in front of the tank, that piece was done by me with rattle can (I am impatient) until i get my new piece with the proper paint in from China.

Shops website: http://www.bodybeautifulcollision.com/Home_Page.html
    Last edited by Grim2.0; Fri Mar 22nd, 2013 at 10:14 AM.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Body Beautifull Paint shop Review

I like these guys a lot too. Not only did they do the accent paint work on my carbon fiber hood, but they did the complete swap for me, including all of the under-hood plumbing for the intercooler and sound damping material. The price wasn't what I would call "cheap" by any means, but considering all of the work they did outside of the painting itself, I thought it was fair.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Nice! Are there full-bike shots in another thread, or just that one in your 'new plastics' thread?
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Nice! Are there full-bike shots in another thread, or just that one in your 'new plastics' thread?

No full shots yet at least not that i am sharing just yet.

I can't see what they painted. All I see is the world's largest tank guard.

Looks good, loving the color change from your original color.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

dude the 636 is already my dream bike, but I freakin love your gold accents too. Looks ballin!
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Thanks for taking the time to do a comprehensive review! I've been out the garage huffing primer fumes from the repaint job I am doing on my race bike, so I can appreciate a good paint job.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!