Thread: CSC Track Dayz

Re: CSC Track Dayz

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    Club get together for td's?
    Just wondering was wanting see if there was any interest in
    5-3@pmp

OR 5-4 5-5 pmp

5-6@hpr

Pmp has alot of open days I was thinkin about riding 2 days down there and figure the weekend may be easier then friday or a monday for some of you guys.

If not what cha guys think when can ya or do ya even want too??!!

http://www.faasst.com/fmi_home.html

Faasst IS the shiz! and has saved pmp and is now not sort of running but IS running it. So please if you guys have any questions call or email umm
    Ph: 719-761-1372
    Email: FMI@faasst.com
    Judy is Awesome to say the least to have stepped up to save the place and will be working hard to help us out with anything we may need. Plus there newly reopened if you didnt know the track was closed and had faasst not stepped up it would be gone it was gone, so their dates are open this year with a ton of track days check out their calender!
    I talked with her this morning and days of old are just that days of old
    opening lapping days are staffed with corner workers and three of her staff carry emt certs and ambulance response times are 9min. Pmp being in the city helps that alot. Having to take a friend to the er in pueblo many years ago its not far to the er at all. Bigger event days may have ambulance on site and things may change in the future but this is how it is for now. There's only been one weekend ran thus far so Its new! Things will be happening and changing. I see this as a very exciting time for us!!! We didnt lose a Bad ass track and now being ran by racers that know whats up and what we're talking about, Plus its new pavment!!!! Thats BA.
    I for one can't wait to go check it out.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best way a first timer can get track experience?

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkwing duc View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations on the best way a first timer can get track experience?
    If you want to do it cheap, hit up IMI with some friends. If you want some real track experience, hit up one of the MRA racers to come out with you to HPR. We are always willing to help out someone that wants to get out on the track. I have a friend that I'll be introducing to HPR this year once he gets his gear together, you are more than welcome to come along with us. It probably won't be till mid season though.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

The MRA race school is also Apr 12-13, and a great way to get focused instruction in a controlled manner.
    http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12289
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I agree with this!

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    The MRA race school is also Apr 12-13, and a great way to get focused instruction in a controlled manner.
    http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=12289
    I'll make a shameless plug for some of the services I offer if that doesn't work for you.

I run a small business that used to run full service track days in Colorado. As has been discussed above, that model had its challenges, not the least of which was that costs associated with running that business were high and the risk of people deciding not to show up were high. As a result on 2012 I converted my model to offer private instruction to those who wanted it at any of our local tracks.

It works like this - the rider and I have a conversation about what they want out of the session. I arrive with all of my own equipment, teaching tools, video camera, computer etc and pay all of my own fees. The rider pays all of their own fees.

My fee is $75 an hour and I strongly recommend a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4. You really can't do much in one hour, especially if the day is divided into sessions. Beyond 4 we usually have too much content and the rider reaches "saturation".

I will close by saying that I think there is great value in doing something like this on your very first outing. It is possible to develop and practice bad habits early, and it's harder to shake bad habits than it is to form good ones to begin with. I am a competent rider and teacher with over 10 years of track day and racing experience. Beyond that I have a degree in education, and over 10 years experience teaching people technical skills including riding a motorcycle at a racetrack.

End of sales pitch

On a personal note, riding a motorcycle at the racetrack is the most fun thing I've done in my life, and I've done some fun stuff. Welcome to the track, be safe and have fun!

Scott
    Last edited by rybo; Wed Mar 27th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.

Start out with a half day lapping day session at HPR to get your feet wet which is cheaper and that's all your body will put out for till you build up tolerance for it and do the private sessions with Rybo as mentioned below man, you'll learn tons and it'll boost your confidence as a rider while being in a controlled environment as well. Most fun you'll have that's for sure as you don't have to worry about animals, traffic or incoming traffic crossing double yellows and such plus EMT's on the spot if anything was to go wrong. Trust me, it'll be the best money you'll spend.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    I agree with this!

I'll make a shameless plug for some of the services I offer if that doesn't work for you.

I run a small business that used to run full service track days in Colorado. As has been discussed above, that model had its challenges, not the least of which was that costs associated with running that business were high and the risk of people deciding not to show up were high. As a result on 2012 I converted my model to offer private instruction to those who wanted it at any of our local tracks.

It works like this - the rider and I have a conversation about what they want out of the session. I arrive with all of my own equipment, teaching tools, video camera, computer etc and pay all of my own fees. The rider pays all of their own fees.

My fee is $75 an hour and I strongly recommend a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4. You really can't do much in one hour, especially if the day is divided into sessions. Beyond 4 we usually have too much content and the rider reaches "saturation".

I will close by saying that I think there is great value in doing something like this on your very first outing. It is possible to develop and practice bad habits early, and it's harder to shake bad habits than it is to form good ones to begin with. I am a competent rider and teacher with over 10 years of track day and racing experience. Beyond that I have a degree in education, and over 10 years experience teaching people technical skills including riding a motorcycle at a racetrack.

End of sales pitch

On a personal note, riding a motorcycle at the racetrack is the most fun thing I've done in my life, and I've done some fun stuff. Welcome to the track, be safe and have fun!

Scott
    Planning on doing some private sessions with you later on this season to work on my form for sure.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I can vouch for Rybo's teaching skills. I spent a couple hours with him at HPR and learned a lot. Got me to be a bit faster (working on lines) and worked on my body position and being smoother in my body movements. Helped tremendously. I'll be taking some more lessons this season as well.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Scott, are you control riding for the race school next month? Can I request your group?

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    If you want to do it cheap, hit up IMI with some friends. If you want some real track experience, hit up one of the MRA racers to come out with you to HPR. We are always willing to help out someone that wants to get out on the track. I have a friend that I'll be introducing to HPR this year once he gets his gear together, you are more than welcome to come along with us. It probably won't be till mid season though.
    I'm working on getting some leathers so hopefully I can take you up on your offer. And some private lessons with rybo sounds like a good idea as well.

Thank you all for the feedback. Definitely have some options now.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    . You really can't do much in one hour, especially if the day is divided into sessions. Beyond 4 we usually have too much content and the rider reaches "saturation".

Scott
    The 4 hour mark was where I hit max brain fade and started regressing (Ran off turn 5, among other things) at last year's MRA school - glad to know it wasn't just my own problem.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Scott, are you control riding for the race school next month? Can I request your group?
    I will be one of the instructors that day. You are welcome to request me, but ultimately that day and instructor assignments are up to the MRA new rider director (Jeff Brown)

See you soon!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    E-mail brownie quickly and request Scott dude. I'm sure if you do it now he'll fit it in given the school is in two weeks
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Couple weeks out!! can't wait for track day eve! lol

Anybody going have a ezup spot I can hide from the sun in??

what day/track are you talking about?

Pmp 5/3-4
    so chaging that to
    pmp 5-3
    hpr 5-6
    Last edited by One-ops; Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 at 01:52 PM.

May 4th is not an open day at PMP - http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.us/calendar.aspx
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Damit it was when I looked in march

Has anyone ridden the new pavement at PMP? How is it?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Has anyone ridden the new pavement at PMP? How is it?
    smooth as glass. it was green 2 weeks ago with the cooler temps and dirt. should be fine with the car clubs racing on it the next couple of weekends.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

What did ya think of t10?

Oh what did they do with curbing?

This fri May 3 anybody making it out to PMP??!!