Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Track Dayz

Re: CSC Track Dayz

It's Track Day Eve!!!!

Only 3 bikes out had a freakin blast though. Huge ups to Judy and Nick Ienatsch for making sure everything was all good. If you haven't been you guys need to get out there working with Nick is amazing!! You'll get a lot more out of the day then just the standard safety stuff. He helped me out a lot on the day just to make sure I was having a good time and I was just there for the td not the class!! They want us out there and having fun and supply a newly paved place to do it. They have my support I can't wait to go back!!
    First time back on a bike in two years and I think 3-4 since I was at Pmp my riding was garbage and stiff and foreign but by lunch was feeling much better. Still feel stiff to the left and my fitness is my biggest issue so I've got some things to work on. Love riding bikes!!! I'm sore as all get out today though lol my everything hurts! lol

When is the next track day? I'll try and make it to the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    When is the next track day? I'll try and make it to the next one!
    This coming monday mang
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Maybe I should have rephrased lol, when is the next PMP track day after the 22nd?

Also, do I need any certifications to race? Or just full gear, taped lights, and distiller water?

Do you have previous track experience? If yes just bring some form of proof if not sign up for the safety track class with Nick I. It's 250 and your track day is included in that.

Thinking about doing a track day at PMP or HMP. What are the pits like? I've been playing on their web site but I'm not finding much on garage rentals, etc. Do most people just bring an EZups?

I'm not bringing warmers/ so no need for power... just looking for a place with some shade.

One-Ops, thanks for the note, great to meet you and your family at Pueblo. As far as my coaching, I know how much the little things help...and you saw that in your riding. Went from slow and tentative to a whole lot faster and...wait for it...FUN! The better people ride, the more fun they have, the more they ride, the better our industry does. Okay, lesson over.

Yes MR2GQ, bring an ez-up to Pueblo as there are no garages yet. If you get there early enough, there are some pit spots near the tree that stay relatively shady.

Here is a link to Judy Faas's site with track-day info...might have to paste it in your browser... http://www.faasst.com/prodinfo.htm?sku=03302012124826-50&cart=136785627535785 . And of course there is pueblomotorsportspark.us for a full calendar. There are a lot of track days!!

The next Track Orientation day that I will run is June 7. I might be to other days before that, but June 7 for sure. If you have someone who would like to get introduced to track riding and Pueblo the right way, please send them out.

NI

And Great to meet you a well!! We had a blast man thanks for helping me out. Can't to get back out there again!!

Count me in on June 7.

Good stuff...we should make a plan that the first motorcyclist to get there grabs some spots by the tree!!!!! Ah...shade.

I'm a maybe as of right now.
    Like the shade idea lol

How was the turn out friday?!

I see July 6-7 sat sun days!! As long as stuff I got going goes smooth I'm planing on coming down for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    How was the turn out friday?!

I see July 6-7 sat sun days!! As long as stuff I got going goes smooth I'm planning on coming down for this!!!
    Last Friday (June 7) went perfect and we had five bikes and four cars.

I had three riders in the Track Orientation class, with one participant having only five previous rides! The TO day was literally his sixth ride and he brought an R6S. His brother was on a 'Busa and the third rider was on a VFR800. We did lots of riding, just a little classroom time and then did drills while the cars were on-track. The new rider came in with a "I wanna learn" mentality and we had him stopping midcorner, trail braking, running down the front straight at 106 mph, controlling his geometry and radius with the brakes and throttle...in one day we shortcutted his learning curve by years. He was exxxxxxtremely happy...his brother learned a lot about controlling a fast heavy motorcycle and the VFR rider not only learned Pueblo, but discovered how good that V-4 Honda can be! Everybody got some two-up laps on my FZ1 and Louis Ferrari helped out on his R1.

If you know a new rider or a rider looking to improve...get them out to one of my TO days and let them learn on "a big wide road". Don't even say "racetrack"...say "extremely-safe-learning-environment-with-almost-nothing-to-hit-if-you-make-a-mistake"...well, that doesn't slide off the tongue too well but you get the idea. The last thing I care about is lap times during these TO days.

And we had a group of a dozen Army/Air Force advanced-rider-training instructors show up to talk with me about advanced training at PMP. We took a few parade laps and talked about what makes good riders good.

PMP is doing very well under the new management...thanks for everyone's support and encouragement. Hope to see you soon, Nick

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Great to hear Nick!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick I View Post
    Last Friday (June 7) went perfect and we had five bikes and four cars.

I had three riders in the Track Orientation class, with one participant having only five previous rides! The TO day was literally his sixth ride and he brought an R6S. His brother was on a 'Busa and the third rider was on a VFR800. We did lots of riding, just a little classroom time and then did drills while the cars were on-track. The new rider came in with a "I wanna learn" mentality and we had him stopping midcorner, trail braking, running down the front straight at 106 mph, controlling his geometry and radius with the brakes and throttle...in one day we shortcutted his learning curve by years. He was exxxxxxtremely happy...his brother learned a lot about controlling a fast heavy motorcycle and the VFR rider not only learned Pueblo, but discovered how good that V-4 Honda can be! Everybody got some two-up laps on my FZ1 and Louis Ferrari helped out on his R1.

If you know a new rider or a rider looking to improve...get them out to one of my TO days and let them learn on "a big wide road". Don't even say "racetrack"...say "extremely-safe-learning-environment-with-almost-nothing-to-hit-if-you-make-a-mistake"...well, that doesn't slide off the tongue too well but you get the idea. The last thing I care about is lap times during these TO days.

And we had a group of a dozen Army/Air Force advanced-rider-training instructors show up to talk with me about advanced training at PMP. We took a few parade laps and talked about what makes good riders good.

PMP is doing very well under the new management...thanks for everyone's support and encouragement. Hope to see you soon, Nick

Are you still doing private lessons Rybo? I needz helpz lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

After Riding today although fun I want to try and swing a track day before winter sets in!!
    A Saturday in oct. Gonna see some things aligning for this to happen Ill update a date. Blah winter

Anybody going to pmp 10-5??
    Pretty sure I'm going instead of touring the south.
    Last edited by One-ops; Thu Oct 3rd, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

I heard some riders talking about going on Sunday.
    I'm looking for a couple of students (for Sunday).

Mark Schellinger
    303.944.0three3three
    Yamaha Champions Riding School
    "Ride Like A Champion"

Can't wait to get the race bike going so I can start getting better at the track while having some fun!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well when's that gonna be and do ya need a hand with anything???

Wish I could do Sunday but got family plans in manitou.
    How many more r you thinking you'll do this year and is Nick still out there?

Hi again CSC...Just back in CO on Thursday after a summer out of state. Good to be home but flooding wreaked havoc on driveways and fences....

Yes, I'm still helping at Pueblo...doing the Track Orientations now that I'm back, so let's ride!!! -Nick

If the weather was like this last weekend in nov anyone wanna do a trackday?! Day after thanksgiving??!! or the week before.
    Earlier date would be the 16th but thats pushing it a bit time wise.