Quote Originally Posted by DucWise View Post
Disclaimer - I'm NO expert.... but...

I'd just like to say +1 for American Supercamp! One of the best classes ever to learn how to ride and control a bike off road AND on road.

I'd also say you could, if you wanted, just do some easy mods and tuning to that YZ and have a great (and easy to ride) bike. But the 250 4-stk is not a bad idea. I just love my 2-smoker

Also curious how you hurt your foot... did you have on solid protective MX boots? Those generally prevent damage even during pretty bad spills. Generally.

Other than that... get the fleshy bit atop the bike in shape! I highly recommend Mt Biking and Kettlebells for building up the strength and endurance needed for off-road riding (or serious on-road riding).

Good luck!!
Thanks for the suggestion!

I was actually wearing mx boots and I'm in great shape (workouts every day even when i couldnt walk). I came down on the back side of a jump and locked up the rear (inadvertent braking) so the bike slid out from under me and ended up on my foot. I dunno if it was the impact or it twisted but it was pretty brutal! Google Lisfranc injury to see the extent of the damage.

Thanks again. This superbike camp is based in Ft Collins? Way cool. Definitely signing up!