Thread: McDonalds commercial & Icon logos...

McDonalds commercial & Icon logos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GRIlbD_5iI

Is it me or did Icon hook up with McDonalds in this commercial?

and is this the most forked-up representation of the 'motorcycle' and/or the auto-shop community?

Re: McDonalds commercial & Icon logos...

Icon is just the stunting brand, that's all.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm pulling this out of my ass, but many commercials for companies who operate in multiple countries seem to portray a relatively ethnically diverse and yet non-descript crowd. And by that I mean there's white-ish, black-ish, Asian-ish, etc representation that leaves you going "is that New York, Florida, California? Maybe somewhere in South America? Spain? That could be Spain?" It's like someone rounded up the cast offs from "So You Think You Can Dance" and said "Make a commercial for McDonald's! Ok, now, do one for Lexus." It's almost creepy how non-descript and yet diverse the actors are.

Anyway, back to the point - yes, that commercial GRATES on me. Nothing like trying to make everyone in a group look like douche nozzles. I'm not sure WHO they are targeting in hopes they'll come in, but last I checked, most Mickey D's won't serve motorcyclists in the drive through. Commies.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by spideyrdr View Post
    last I checked, most Mickey D's won't serve motorcyclists in the drive through. Commies.
    Serious?

I hit the one up by my work in the middle of the night on the bike all the time, never had an issue.

Wonder why some have that rule?
    2000 Honda RC51

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Darren View Post
    Serious?

I hit the one up by my work in the middle of the night on the bike all the time, never had an issue.

Wonder why some have that rule?
    It might not be a rule, just remember getting grief once for going through the drive through. They complained they couldn't hear me with my helmet on.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

I'm pulling this out of my ass, but many commercials for companies who operate in multiple countries seem to portray a relatively ethnically diverse and yet non-descript crowd. And by that I mean there's white-ish, black-ish, Asian-ish, etc representation that leaves you going "is that New York, Florida, California? Maybe somewhere in South America? Spain? That could be Spain?" It's like someone rounded up the cast offs from "So You Think You Can Dance" and said "Make a commercial for McDonald's! Ok, now, do one for Lexus." It's almost creepy how non-descript and yet diverse the actors are.

Anyway, back to the point - yes, that commercial GRATES on me. Nothing like trying to make everyone in a group look like douche nozzles. I'm not sure WHO they are targeting in hopes they'll come in, but last I checked, most Mickey D's won't serve motorcyclists in the drive through. Commies.
    I don't think you are … I notice that too…like when it's too diverse of a crowd…completely loses the appeal of the commercial...

My favorite bit of that commercial is the black chick with a angle grinder, sparking up that old truck…

I hope they're not targeting me…because I rarely (maybe once every two years) eat that shit, I hate fish-sandwiches and I sure as shit couldnt point myself out in that commercial…

It might not be a rule, just remember getting grief once for going through the drive through. They complained they couldn't hear me with my helmet on.
    I always get weird looks when I walk into a place with my gear on…It seems like people think I'm going to rob the place or something…I tend to remove my helmet in the parking lot of banks...
    Last edited by 3point5; Fri Mar 29th, 2013 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Icon is just the stunting brand, that's all.
    Why you got to hate on my helmet Damir

Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Why you got to hate on my helmet Damir

I started riding with some of their gear and it was decent but well as we all know their company doesn't focus on safety all that much but more looks than anything, that's all. They do have badass graphics though
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Two of my three are Icons, but I know that they aren't the best. I love the graphics. Just wish they'd bring quality/comfort up to Shoei/Arai/AGV level...

Last edited by Ghosty; Fri Mar 29th, 2013 at 10:31 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
    It seems like people think I'm going to rob the place or something…I tend to remove my helmet in the parking lot of banks...
    Good call. I work in banking and going into a bank with your face covered is a big no-no ha. Be it a ski mask or motorcycle helmet. Some banks even post signs to remove anything obstructing your face from camera view. Something about concealing your identity in a bank lobby gets people on edge lol.

for the record, I am not dogging on Icon…I have 2 icon jackets and I think it's better than the alpine star I have…I have zero opinion on their safety gear...

so is Icon only for squids and stunters then? Guess I shouldnt go out and get that cool graphic Icon Alliance helmet I was interested in
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    so is Icon only for squids and stunters then? Guess I shouldnt go out and get that cool graphic Icon Alliance helmet I was interested in
    It isn't exclusively for "those people". I love my Icon boots, but they look more like work boots and they don't have titanium screws in the soles to make sparks. But a lot of the Icon gear does have that feel to me.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    so is Icon only for squids and stunters then?
    Nya, it's as good as ANY other 'under $300' helmet, imo. If you want a real good high-quality helmet though, get a Shoei, Arai, or AGV, but you're gonna spend $400 and up.

I had an Icon jacket and it was pretty nice, I think it gets a bad rap because all the Squids sport a lot of it. I have a sweet A* now. I wouldn't buy another set of Icon gloves though, they started coming apart after a year.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I personally like the squidish graphics and things that stand out. Icon does have some pretty nice graphics on their helmets. I have a really squidish Scorpion helmet design but I like that it stands out.

Were it me, this particular helmet has caught my eye from Icon:
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green