Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Qatar GP

Re: Qatar GP

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    you're able to view onboard / multiple camera angles when in replay mode?

I was watching the main gp race sunday afternoon and there was no option to do that. I'll have to check again when I get home. I was thinking that maybe that feature was only available in live mode now
    Yea it's only during live video for sure, also check out the requirements as far as speeds, browser etc. There's the video "Qatar race from Onboard point of view" that's the one.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Qatar GP

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Obviously Rossi can't amass the total overall championship wins. He's not going to go backwards and race in Moto2/3, which is where Agostini accumulated 8 of his total championships(in classes that were not the Premier MotoGP class).

I was merely comparing Premier Class Championships to Premier Class Championships. In that sense, Rossi only needs one to tie and two to surpass Agostini.

In regards to overall wins, sure Agostini has 122, Rossi has 105. I'm thinking 17 wins isn't such a hurdle to overcome(especially since Sunday's performance in Qatar). Sure he needs to at least split them over the next two seasons to do it(9 and but it's still a very good possibility that he can and might do it.

We also don't know if Rossi will stay in MotoGP passed 2014. I'm thinking that if he produces the results Yamaha and him are looking for, and if he can get remotely close to the 122 overall wins. He may stay on one more year to try and surpass that number(regardless of winning a championship or not). Agostini was in the game 15 years and Rossi going on 18. If he's showing no signs of slowing down, I'm thinking Rossi will hang around some more(I'd say at least until he's 36 or 37 years old).

I say we'll have to wait and see what transpires in the next few years. I know I called it when Rossi was going to make the move back to Yamaha. But that's where my crystal ball ends. As much as I want to call this season another Championship season for him, I can't because I've got to see some more racing from him. My honest opinion though, is I think he's got a superb chance of racking up another championship this year. Qatar was never his best track(though he's won there 3 times) and like I say, if his performance at Qatar is indicative of the season to come, I'd put money on Rossi snagging another championship.

That's what's going to make 2013 a season to remember in my opinion. Rossi is hungrier than ever. Even though he has said he's got nothing to prove. He does, and I think he's going to use that to fuel his fire this year. Coming off of two crappy years with Ducati, Rossi is looking to smack everyone on the paddock.

It's been said, "Valentino Rossi, write him off at your peril."
    True. As i said, I'm a huge Rossi fan......I'm also a huge Ago fan. what he did, on the machinery of the day, on the dangerous tracks of the day with the very limited safety gear they had, cannot be overstated. He beat Hailwood and all the pther greats of the day. So, calling Rossi the "GOAT" may be a little premature yet.

Honestly, I hope he maybe does one more title in MotoGP, MAYBE 2, and then quits.......to go to Formula 1. I'd like to see him have a serious chance at a F1 title (with Ferrari, natch') before he's too old. Then he'd be only the second ever to win MotoGP and F1 titles, behind John Surtees. Now THAT would be friggin' awesome!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)