Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grim's new toy!!!

Re: Grim's new toy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado S14 View Post
    Nice bike man, I have always like the SVs and this is a fine example. I love the dual headlight look on this bike along with bar end mirrors to ditch the bug antenna on there now.
    That is one sweet looking SV right there, set as pc background lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Looks like a fun bike, But I like the DRZ better
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie675 View Post

Haha I love naked bikes....so does Johnny5

I've been considering letting the daytona go for a speed triple for the same reason. After having a sumo I've realized I'm slow and bored on my daytona.
    I'll never be able to look at a SV with lights like those without thinking of Johnny 5 from the Short Circuit movies now
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    Looks like a fun bike, But I like the DRZ better

Don't get me wrong I love the DRZ but there's just no substitute when you want pure POWA!

The DRZ is not going anywhere anytime soon, except maybe up and down some stairs.

Good job on the SV, welcome to the club and I like the blue as well, believe it's the same blue I have it extends 03-05! Good that you joined SV rider as well. I started with them first and learned a ton about the bike and whenever you need parts or upgrades there is always someone out there with the part you need! Met a lot of cool people off that forum and got a lot of great help when I needed it!

Weak thing about SVrider is that they never seem to want to do any local rides even though they have a straight up Colorado forum section. But there seems to be enough SV's on ths CSC here maybe we can get an organized meeting or something of SV's to ride around, tho I won't segregate any other bike from joining

I have been able to find broken parts and upgraded pieces all over that forum. Should you ever decide to get the lower fairings or the belly pan there always seems to be someone selling those on there.

Actually when you mentioned the seat situation, I was able to buy a stock factory gell seat off the SVrider forum for $50 shipped and it fits my 05 SV650 but on the bottom in permanent marker it said SV1000 on it, so you may get lucky that the seats are interchangeable possibly, and I believe that they are interchangeable with the 650 and the 1000 as long as its 03+

This is the seat I got off the SVrider forum, and if I stop by your place sometime you can sit on it and see what you think if you are looking to buy a seat upgrade, also has a nice SV stamped on both sides of it:

2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
    Just looks, it makes the SV look less plain and more aggressive, but that's just my opinion.

I just recently put one on my SV and I'm absolutely pleased with the look. It gets more looks too!
    Drano that looks killer man! I thought you had full lower fairings on there tho? Also thank you for the rear brake lever! Drano is a good example of another person off the SVrider that is very helpful. When I lowsides my SV in August on Brad's CSC ride I snapped the rear brake lever off and Drano was cool enough to drive up from CO Springs and hook me up with one! SV parts always seem to be easy to come by.

Grim throw a rear seat cowl on that B! I think I got mine off SV rider for $65 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    Actually when you mentioned the seat situation, I was able to buy a stock factory gell seat off the SVrider forum for $50 shipped and it fits my 05 SV650 but on the bottom in permanent marker it said SV1000 on it, so you may get lucky that the seats are interchangeable possibly, and I believe that they are interchangeable with the 650 and the 1000 as long as its 03+
    The '03 650/1000 has a slightly different front seat than the '04 and up and isn't interchangeable. '04 650/1000 and up are interchangeable.

yeah the '03 has a more agressive raked subframe. makes it look cooler haha but a higher seat height and more agressive positioning. i had the gel seat on my 1000 and boy does that thing retain heat. also, do some research into the green connector issue on the front of the bike. something you will want to see if its been fixed or do it yourself before it gives you a headache. it basically makes power to the bike intermittent. bike will die and be completely dead then youll turn the key a few times and itll be fine. could be scary if you were deep into a corner and not just going down the highway like i was.

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    The '03 650/1000 has a slightly different front seat than the '04 and up and isn't interchangeable. '04 650/1000 and up are interchangeable.
    I knew the 03 was the lone ranger of bodystyles for all SV's, somehow I thought when I looked up seats I could swear it said the 03 seat would also fit onto the 04+. This seat says SV1000 on the bottom tho it fits my 650. It's a pretty heavy duty seat, very thick, actually gave me an inch of seat height at least. Either way if Grim wants to test fit it I don't mind stopping by and taking it off and we can see if it fits onto the 03 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    yeah the '03 has a more agressive raked subframe. makes it look cooler haha but a higher seat height and more agressive positioning. i had the gel seat on my 1000 and boy does that thing retain heat. also, do some research into the green connector issue on the front of the bike. something you will want to see if its been fixed or do it yourself before it gives you a headache. it basically makes power to the bike intermittent. bike will die and be completely dead then youll turn the key a few times and itll be fine. could be scary if you were deep into a corner and not just going down the highway like i was.
    I fixed the green connector issue on my SV about a year ago. That being said it's pretty much a non-issue for the N models since the headlight draws less amperage and the bike gets a lot more airflow in that region. Still might be something worth fixing, there's been more than a few riders go down because of it, but if I remember right there were only 2-3 guys on SVRider who have had it fail on an N model.

Senior Member Moderator

Drano that looks killer man! I thought you had full lower fairings on there tho?
    Thanks for the compliment, I'm really like the look as well. When we met last year I had mentioned that I wanted to get full lowers, but it didn't have anything on it at the time. I tried to get them over the winter, but they're discontinued and couldn't find them anywhere, so I went with the chin spoiler when I saw one for sale. I would still rather have full fairings, but I can't complain about the way it looks now.

Also thank you for the rear brake lever! Drano is a good example of another person off the SVrider that is very helpful. When I lowsides my SV in August on Brad's CSC ride I snapped the rear brake lever off and Drano was cool enough to drive up from CO Springs and hook me up with one! SV parts always seem to be easy to come by.
    You're very welcome. I was glad I could help you out following your crash.