Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Rider and passager down

Re: Rider and passager down

Rigth now they are waiting to hear from the DA. Not sure if they can do anything cause of double jepordy. But he was never charged with the death and injury. He can keep the defective vehicle BS but still want him charged with failing to yeild and killing one person and causing injury to a 2nd.

I have no idea how something that huge in a case is "overlooked"

Ya 75.00 fine!!! Pffffffttt I traffic camera caught me for not coming to a full complete stop (Callifornia roll) and my fine was 75.00.

She does have a lawyer, the teenager was also underinsured.
    Last edited by Cat118!; Tue Jun 25th, 2013 at 09:08 AM.

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat118! View Post
    Rigth now they are waiting to hear from the DA. Not sure if they can do anything cause of double jepordy. But he was never charged with the death and injury. He can keep the defective vehicle BS but still want him charged with failing to yeild and killing one person and causing injury to a 2nd.

I have no idea how something that huge in a case is "overlooked"

Ya 75.00 fine!!! Pffffffttt I traffic camera caught me for not coming to a full complete stop (Callifornia roll) and my fine was 75.00.
    A front license plate fine is $125 .... Love it how the law contradicts itself all the time, idiots....
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Prayers for the victims and family.

The car pulled out in front of them but "no formal charges filed", yet? Did the car get the ticket a least?!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

They got a ticket... but the death and injury were overlooked/ missed by the judge and became a 2 point defective vehicle 75.00 fine ticket.

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

I feel many emails to the judge and or court showing our disgust are in order. Do you have the judges name? I also recommend contacting ABATE. It's a great group of guys and gals over there that can be very helpful. Also for those that do email they judge or court please keep it clean and professional.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Let me see if I can find out. I think before anything is done she wants to hear from the DA first. I asked her if I could send to 9news, she told me to wait for her to hear back. Then we can unleash.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Being new here I don't know those involved in this horrible accident nor do I know all the details. That said, it is important to remember that while we see the court system as failing at this point that doesn't mean the driver (a teen?) hasn't been suffering with the knowledge of what they did. When approaching the media, courts or getting ABATE involved it is imperative that you focus on the failures of the judges and attorneys to recognize the gravity of what has happened. I just would hate for this to turn into a witch hunt against the driver that ruins yet another life.

-Murdock

Its not about ruining the kids life... its about the system. His name obviously would not be released (for one we wouldnt do that and second he is a minor.) The Focus of the news tip is the City judical system,Not the teenagers detailed life.
    The story is awareness of motorcycle riders, to be aware and has a mistake can mess with other peoples life.
    The issue here is that the courts missed something this big. The teenager involved I am sure feels terriable. The court messed up in this case.
    I have many friends with teenagers and would hate for them to have to go through any of this, its scary. We have ALL been distracted drivers.
    Its the principal that a traffic offense killed someone and a defective vehicle was the penalty. Doesnt matter if your a teenager or adult, that is not right. He is not even going to show an at fault accident on his DMV record???

I can't think if one person who would not be upset about the penalty if this was their, son, daughter, sister, brother, friend, mother or father. I am sure even the teenagers parents know the penalty was not right, but for protection of their son are happy with it.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

9 Wants To Know.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I can't imagine being the kid knowing I killed someone. That has to be the worst feeling in the world. Regarding the courts, how can a small, I mean HUGE detail of someone getting killed just be overlooked. That just blows my mind. Doesn't help the girl in the accident either.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

Keep pressure on the DA. IIRC, a bill was passed last year to toughen penalties on motorists that injure or kill vulnerable road users (peds, cyclists and motorcyclists). Terry Howard with ABATE would know and is a very good source.

http://www.abateofcolo.org/index.php...d=49&Itemid=61
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Unbelievable.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Thank you! I will pass on the abate info to her. !!

Are you freakin kiddin me rt now?? This whole deal is so far from ok. Doubt it will be changed now. Its done. Crazy

When I get latest update of the situation I will pass it on! As of right now I have not heard more

Looks like not a peep from the DA. Roberts sister will be trying to get some light shed on this. I will pass info to her. I will also find out if ok if I post her email if anyone here wants to help her bring attention to this. She is in WI so local help would be great.