Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fay Meyers

Re: Fay Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsbody View Post
    Yeah, thats him. I know him and go through him no matter what needs to be done on my Duc. A little nit, if I may, I had my Streetfighter in for warranty work on the gas tank, which they replaced. I picked the bike up and not 50 miles after than the service interval light came on ~ 7400 miles. Now I have to take it back again. A little egg on both our faces I would think.
    sounds about right for a ducati.

I'm back, still have not heard from Oddibe so nothing to say there but wanted to answer the other comments. Sean, I'm sorry you feel that way but I totally understand as I feel the same way to a car dealer. I will still take care of you on your parts. Dogsbody, while it was an oversight on the part of the service adviser to not suggest the service as it was almost due you still would have had to come back for the light. It is hardcoded by mileage and cant be reset early. Of course I would have been happy to volunteer to take your bike for a 50 mile ride to trip the light so service could reset it Uhateit, I apologize for the dirty bike issue, while it was not common it did occasionally happen and we have addressed that this year by hiring a "wash tech" whose primary job is to clean every bike after it has been serviced.

In general, while service has had issues in the past we have aggressively worked at correcting this. There has been a ton of investment in factory training for our techs, we have more top level certified technicians than any other dealer i am aware of. There are lots of little things, the previously mentioned wash tech, scheduling policies so tires or oil changes dont have to wait weeks for an appointment, etc. I will be happy to answer any specific questions

Paul- I think it's really great that you take the time to come on a forum and work with unsatisfied customers. Personally, I think it shows a strong commitment to the sportbike community (in addition to all of the bike nights, sponsorships and donations that FM has provided over the years). And if you're posting at 7:33 am, it means your doing it because you take pride in your place of employment, not because you're on the clock. Goodonya.

Definitely hard to find people that take pride in what they do and will see to it that the job gets done right. A rarity these days
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    I'm back, still have not heard from Oddibe so nothing to say there but wanted to answer the other comments. Sean, I'm sorry you feel that way but I totally understand as I feel the same way to a car dealer. I will still take care of you on your parts. Dogsbody, while it was an oversight on the part of the service adviser to not suggest the service as it was almost due you still would have had to come back for the light. It is hardcoded by mileage and cant be reset early. Of course I would have been happy to volunteer to take your bike for a 50 mile ride to trip the light so service could reset it Uhateit, I apologize for the dirty bike issue, while it was not common it did occasionally happen and we have addressed that this year by hiring a "wash tech" whose primary job is to clean every bike after it has been serviced.

In general, while service has had issues in the past we have aggressively worked at correcting this. There has been a ton of investment in factory training for our techs, we have more top level certified technicians than any other dealer i am aware of. There are lots of little things, the previously mentioned wash tech, scheduling policies so tires or oil changes dont have to wait weeks for an appointment, etc. I will be happy to answer any specific questions
    That is great news! I was very dissappointed with oil all over my wheels and fairings. I personally just did the oil change myself a week ago (actually right after leaving the Suzuki clinic there I attended) and I didnt get any oil on anything at all and it was actually the FIRST time I have ever done an oil change (not even on a car before!) so maybe it was a fluke that it was lal over the place.

I am hoping that when I get the tires installed next weekend they keep things tidy with the install and no damage to the rims or anything as I know they have to take off the brake calipers, I also have rim stripes on so hopefully those don't get damages when they take the tires on and off. Also good to know about the bike washing, I think that is great and hopefully the bike looks great after the install, I think Elwyn said during a tire change they will even adjust the chain and possibly clean/lube it while they're at it, if so that will be great as I don't know how to adjust it at all.

Should everything come out looking great I'll have no problems commenting in this thread next weekend hyping the place up for good work!
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

FWIW, I was pleased with the work that F.M. did for me over this weekend. It was a pretty minor and dare-I-say "simple to fix" issue, but (Jered I believe) did a top-notch job and did not seem to cut any corners.

Pass on the thanks to him Paul, if you catch him!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

As stated before I mentioned if I had a good experience id post up. Got my tires installed today. They did a great job and keeping the bike clean and gave a VERY nice wash afterwards, bike looked great when it was done. Thanks to their team for a great job, tires look great and thanks for adjusting and cleaning the chain!

Only downside was that I special ordered some gloves and paid last weekend and was told they'd be there for pickup Saturday with my tires. Turns out the gloves are discontinued! They never called to tell me this earlier in the week or to say hey we can't get them do you want a refund or another item. I showed up expecting them to be there since I hadn't gotten a call otherwise. But alas no gloves. Was pretty angry about it. Ended up requesting a refund and found a set on craigslist and had to drive down to the Springs after leaving Fay to get them. On a good note I was able to scrub in the tires during the ride to the Springs and back.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green