Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fay Meyers

Fay Meyers

Sorry for the people that like FM, but I now have 2 experiences that lead me to say I don't think I will ever go there again.

I called and talked to a manager about selling my bike. He quoted me a price but when I rode clear across town, I was offered less than half, not because of the bikes condition or mileage, wish are both awesome, but purely because the dealership makes money by fucking people.

Due to working very close to them, I had my RF 900 electrical system issues diagnosed at FM. They quoted me over $1600. I ended up replacing the bushings for $5 plus an hour of labor.

Point is, dealerships screw you. Period. FM just likes to screw extra. These are my experiences.

Re: Fay Meyers

You're better off doing private selling man, dealers will always under you up on trade in value, etc... I've never had a problem with them personally yet or anything of that sort. Pretty cool crowd for the most part over there.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Apr 20th, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

My first FM experience was a bad oil change that was way messy, all over my fairings and not very clean. But I currently have an appointment for tires shortly so I hope they can turn it around. Some of the guys there seem very nice and others not, so it may be hit and miss. I really like Eddy tho he's a nice guy and seems super knowledgeable, I think he's the parts manager.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

+1 for Eddy at Fay Meyers. Super-knowledgable and friendly. He helped me size a nice Columbia rain suit at a great price! He's an ex-racer who built his own 2-stroke bikes, too.

Eddy, brad, and Dave Burk are the only ones I like there. I love eddys chops

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping

Any other shop would have done the same and treated you the same. Don't know why you are calling them out like they did something wrong???? I guess i see your point about the high estimate but everyone knows a dealer ship is not going to give you fair market value.

Quote Originally Posted by LordLosh View Post
    Any other shop would have done the same and treated you the same. Don't know why you are calling them out like they did something wrong???? I guess i see your point about the high estimate but everyone knows a dealer ship is not going to give you fair market value.
    I realize this. I know a dealership usually gives less than trade in value, but for less than half trade in? That is highway robbery! The guy even admitted it. The ONLY reason he wouldn't double the offer to trade in, which is still way low, was the time of the year, according to him.

The guys at the parts counter have always been super helpful, the guys at the service area can kiss my ass! I was quoted a tire change and ended up having to pay $60 more, my wife said I'm not allowed to take my bike there any longer.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oddibe View Post
    I realize this. I know a dealership usually gives less than trade in value, but for less than half trade in?
    When I was living in Indianapolis, I trailered my 2000 ZX6R all the way to Chicago to a BIG dealership that I thought would be more likely to give me a fair price. At the time, the bike had been valued around $5000. I got a bit lost on my way and I called them to say I would be a bit late. They stayed open about 10 minutes past their closing time for me and then offered me $1800 on the bike. When I declined, they actually berated me and tried to guilt me into selling it to them because they stayed late for me. That was the day I learned me lesson about selling a bike to a dealership.

I've never done any business with Fay, mostly because yours is not the first negative story I've heard about the place. But I've had no bad experiences so far with GForce, Colorado Powersports (Thornton) and Supertune. Even though none of those places are close to my home, I still travel the extra distance for good service.

I have had pretty good luck with them buying bikes and getting parts. Never had service done there, I always do my own service.

I have heard so many bad things about service at Fay Meyers, I would never have my bike worked on there. But I do like to look around in their showroom and attend some of their events. I've bought a few accessories and apparel items there with no problems. (Except for a helmet chin skirt that took them two months to get.)

Just wanted to post and let everyone know I have seen this thread and will be trying to find out details and what went wrong. Oddibe, could you please call or PM me your real name and who you were talking to. Sean, as I know your name I was able to look up service history and didn't see anything strange but I would like to talk about your issues. I can be reached here in the forum or call my direct # at 303.539.5035
    Thanks,
    Paul

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Thanks for looking into this, for these guys, Paul.

For what it's worth, my Amy Lou is with your service guys getting some warranty repair done right as I type this. It's nothing major, but if you wouldn't mind putting an extra set of eyes on the work they're doing I would appreciate it. I'm not trying to intimate that they're going to rush the job, but I know for something relatively minor as this I do hope that they take their time and that I never have to bring it back again for the symptom. Jeff Kakac down in your Service team, is who I'm working with.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Thanks for looking into this, for these guys, Paul.

For what it's worth, my Amy Lou is with your service guys getting some warranty repair done right as I type this. It's nothing major, but if you wouldn't mind putting an extra set of eyes on the work they're doing I would appreciate it. I'm not trying to intimate that they're going to rush the job, but I know for something relatively minor as this I do hope that they take their time and that I never have to bring it back again for the symptom. Jeff Kakac down in your Service team, is who I'm working with.
    Is it for those loose pieces you found that one weekend when we got to your place?
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Negatory; I actually tightened those back up, remember? Would I warranty them to have them add a drop of loc-tight or...?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Negatory; I actually tightened those back up, remember? Would I warranty them to have them add a drop of loc-tight or...?
    Oh word, I just didn't know if you had them check over everything give we found those pieces loose and what not or if it was something else
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Just some frayed wiring that was leading to the horn. It got fixed with solder, and then reshrank and taped. The problem was that the leads were positioned in a bad way that had them rubbing against something with an edge, so those leads got adjusted too. I should be set!
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

FWIW, I only have good things to say about Grand Prix, off C-470 & Santa Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by iquack08 View Post
    FWIW, I only have good things to say about Grand Prix, off C-470 & Santa Fe.
    Their 1/2 priced Dunlops installed. Ha

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Just wanted to post and let everyone know I have seen this thread and will be trying to find out details and what went wrong. Oddibe, could you please call or PM me your real name and who you were talking to. Sean, as I know your name I was able to look up service history and didn't see anything strange but I would like to talk about your issues. I can be reached here in the forum or call my direct # at 303.539.5035
    Thanks,
    Paul
    And this is highly respectable. Not the you can't please everyone line. Good form.

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Thanks,
    Paul
    I appreciate it man but a sour taste is a sour taste I will not be returning either of my bikes for service but I will continue to purchase parts from you.

Quote Originally Posted by big53lee View Post
    Eddy, brad, and Dave Burk are the only ones I like there. I love eddys chops
    I just saw the mention of Dave Burk and was wondering if its the same Dave Burk that use to work at Rink-A-Dinks Yamaha in Lakewood back in the day and did alot of trials riding?
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles

I went down to fay today and special ordered some gloves and paid for my new front and rear tires and scheduled the install for next Saturday. Some of the service department reps are a little off putting with their attitudes, can't think of names exactly. But as for the parts guys I pointed out Eddy earlier he is awesome and Brad helped me out with my tires and he was very kind and professional. But when the tires go on next weekend I hope they do a good job at it and not scratch up the rims since I am having them take the rims off and do it all, dropping the bike off for the service. Hoping for the best and that it doesn't come out like my dirty oil change I got last May. There was oil all over my rims, fairings, and swingarm at the oil change.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by Husky View Post
    I just saw the mention of Dave Burk and was wondering if its the same Dave Burk that use to work at Rink-A-Dinks Yamaha in Lakewood back in the day and did alot of trials riding?
    Yeah, thats him. I know him and go through him no matter what needs to be done on my Duc. A little nit, if I may, I had my Streetfighter in for warranty work on the gas tank, which they replaced. I picked the bike up and not 50 miles after than the service interval light came on ~ 7400 miles. Now I have to take it back again. A little egg on both our faces I would think.
    Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.