Thread: The HPR switch to MotorsportReg.com

The HPR switch to MotorsportReg.com

Starting in 2013 High Plains Raceway has decided to use MotorsportReg.com for all of our Open Lapping Day registrations. EVERYONE who wishes to drive at an HPR Open Lapping Day will be required to have an account with MotorsportReg.com before you will be allowed on the track. The registration process through the HPR website now links to MotorsportReg.com instead of paypal.

For those that may not be familiar with www.MotorsportReg.com, there are a few reasons behind this switch. Here are a few, in no particular order:

• MotorsportReg is becoming widely used by many clubs across the country, including SCCA, PCA, BMW, as well as tracks such as MMP, Houston Motorsports Ranch and many others. This means that a large percentage of our existing customers already have an account with MotorsportsReg and are familiar with the system.
    • Once you have an account with MotorsportsReg you will be able to use their system to search for other events (races, trackdays, schools, etc) in your area or in an area that you may be traveling to. As a bonus to HPR, this means that the nearly 300,000 current MotorsportReg members will have an additional opportunity to find out about HPR's Open Lapping Days, as our events will show up when they search.
    • MotorsportReg was created and is managed by amateur racers who saw a need for a product. The fees we pay for this service are now going to other amateur racers rather than the black hole at Paypal.
    • The admin side of MotorsportReg is much more tailored to our type of operation and will make the "behind the scenes" operations of the registration process much more efficient for HPR. They have already bent over backwards to tweak their system to make it do a few specific things I wanted it to do in order to make our operation easier.

You DO NOT have to provide any credit card or payment information online in order to create an account! When you create an account following the directions here --> http://www.highplainsraceway.com/pdf/MSR-Sign-Up.pdf all you're really doing is providing the same information that HPR previously collected via the hand written "Participant Information" forms at the track. Once you provide this information to MotorsportReg once, you will be assigned a PERMANENT HPR lapping day number (the ID number that we write on your wristband) and it will never change. What's more, you will never need to remember this number again! The system won't show it to you when you create your account, but it provides it to us during check in. Either way, you don't need to remember it.

Hopefully the instructions I created are sufficient to help everyone set up their MSR account. If you're having trouble, don't worry! We will have a computer available at the track and we can walk you through the set up process there if necessary. Or, feel free to call me and I will walk you through it personally.

If you are a customer that prefers to register online, this new system simply replaces the paypal system (which some didn't like due to Paypal's reputation). The payment for lapping day cards and RV spots are currently still through Paypal, that may change in the future.

If you are a customer who prefers to pay at the track via check, credit card or cash, after you create your profile you will never need to touch the MotorsportReg website again. You can still show up at any time and pay at the track just as before.

As always, thank you for your support of HPR!
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Re: The HPR switch to MotorsportReg.com

Thanks for information Glenn. I found the system easy to use when I signed up for a track day a few weeks back.

What I did not see was a way to keep track of my account balance. For example, the track day didn't make so I should have a credit. Does the system manage that somehow or do we still manage that through you?

Looking forward to the season!
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

Done
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

It's not something we need to worry about for 7 months, but what about winter lapping? Still 10 rider minimum. Will the new system reflect/update that, or will there still be a hotline?

Matrix, if there is a credit in the system from previous payments it will show up when you reach the payment screen of the registration process.

Jgixxer, there will still be a hotline.

THX
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.