Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Re: What would you do?

The Police work on a priority based system. From how you described the incident, you would've likely had Officers right away, even if it meant splitting them from other calls. But just because they're available doesn't mean they are a block away. And with both vehicles still traveling, catching up to you guys is difficult to say the least.

Jurisdictional problems are a big issue, as you obviously found out. Do you want to know the worst part about it? Cops aren't limited by jurisdictional boundaries. A Walsenburg PD Officer has as much authority in Fort Collins as a State Trooper or federal agent. Jurisdictions are for when cases go to court, as courts are limited by jurisdiction. But by having so many agencies, they draw lines and will not go over those lines for anything.

As for the drunk drivers. They are extremely difficult to locate from an Officer's point of view. That being said, my local agency dispatches Officers on every credible REDDI report they get so long as we have the cars available. Best thing for you to do is get a plate, and express to the dispatcher that you're following the car if they can get you Officers right away. Sometimes we will, sometimes not. A lot of these cars will get away, but isn't it worth it if one gets caught?

The remark about cops only caring about speeding tickets, is truly ignorant and couldn't be further from the truth. My agency would've pulled traffic units to cover on the above call in a heartbeat.

Gold Member

And here I am bitching about cops in another thread. Man I wish I would have seen this earlier. Lol. Should have ran his ass over when he got out. Probably not but still.

There is no way I would have chased him.. Thats crazy! I would have let him do that stuff and then just called the cops and let him go.

OR NOT! HELL NO.

You evaluate the situation and move in the most appropriate direction, that doesnt always mean being a pussy and living another day.

What the fuck has happened to people? No one stands up for themselves anymore... Maybe if people did asshats like this guy would think twice before trying to come off like a bad ass.
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 at 03:31 PM.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

It's not being a pussy, it's called being smart and evaluating what's important in life instead of putting some dumb shit in his place that won't learn shit anyways lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    It's not being a pussy, it's called being smart and evaluating what's important in life instead of putting some dumb shit in his place that won't learn shit anyways lol
    If the "default" mentality is to run then it is....

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    There is no way I would have chased him.. Thats crazy! I would have let him do that stuff and then just called the cops and let him go.

OR NOT! HELL NO.

You evaluate the situation and move in the most appropriate direction, that doesnt always mean being a pussy and living another day.

What the fuck has happened to people? No one stands up for themselves anymore... Maybe if people did asshats like this guy would think twice before trying to come off like a bad ass.
    Agreed.

Should have rammed him the moment he pulled it out.

If the "default" mentality is to run then it is....
    Well depends on what default means for each person, for some it'll be get in the line of fire and fuck yourself up or run for the hills haha... In this given scenario there's nothing wrong with running and can't be considered a pussy move, on the contrary it's more of a smart and life loving move lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Everyone's a thug fo lyfe until they get a Tek-9 pointed at their head. I love all of the "imma badass, you a punk" comments. Yeah, by all means escalate it into someone getting shot (probably you) instead of leaving. Cool story bro.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Gold Member

Look at Damir with his life lovingness. Before you know it he will be smoking from 6' bongs. Lol!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Everyone's a thug fo lyfe until they get a Tek-9 pointed at their head. I love all of the "imma badass, you a punk" comments. Yeah, by all means escalate it into someone getting shot (probably you) instead of leaving. Cool story bro.
    Yo dowg I Hurd yous was pretty gangsta.

OR NOT! HELL NO.

I had my daughter in the back seat

Not your best response EJ, once the word "child" comes into play the only logical response is get yourself away from imminent danger. Not "lets try and be American and prove a point". if being a
    pussy" is protecting my child i guess i am just one giant "pussy".

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Look at Damir with his life lovingness. Before you know it he will be smoking from 6' bongs. Lol!
    Fuck weed too, hate that shit. I'm just saying man, there's nothing wrong with walking away. I know most of us wish at some point in our lives that we would've done that instead of trying to prove an unecessary point
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Not your best response EJ, once the word "child" comes into play the only logical response is get yourself away from imminent danger. Not "lets try and be American and prove a point". if being a
    Now grim... I know you and have ridden with you and you really think that following someone from a 1/4 behind them is "threatening"?

Again, you evaluate the ssssituation. If that doesnt mean anything to you and your textbook response to a situation that you were not in is to run then it is what it is.

Listen, just because you would flea doesnt mean that someone else might not call the cops and try and follow. You run, I *might follow.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Bingo. Also if you have a readily available means of escape (i.e. just hit the brakes and pull off, dumbass) then you might not even have a defense under Make My Day laws were you to pull a piece, not to mention the rather blatant endangering a child (at a minimum) that WILL be charged against you should anything happen to the child.

Even without the kid, what do you have to prove? Someone got the drop on you and pulled their piece. So fucking what? He'll get his eventually, just leave it alone and go get some pizza or something. I see absolutely nothing in that scenario (aside from maybe getting a plate #) worth perpetuating that situation any farther.

What would I do? Protect my child, period. In that case the only acceptable answer is GTFO. It was not a "defend or die" situation, so even if I was carrying I would have GTFO. And I realize the OP wasn't carrying and that never entered the discussion, but it did come to my mind.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Now grim... I know you and have ridden with you and you really think that following someone from a 1/4 behind them is "threatening"?

Again, you evaluate the ssssituation. If that doesnt mean anything to you and your textbook response to a situation that you were not in is to run then it is what it is.

Listen, just because you would flea doesnt mean that someone else might not call the cops and try and follow. You run, I *might follow.

Sometimes I wonder if you even read what anyone writes, what part of
    Child
    doesn't seem to compute in your head??

Sometimes I wonder if you even read what anyone writes, what part of doesn't seem to compute in your head??
    You are the one driving with them in the car, not me.

I stopped driving with my kids in the car last year because its dangerous!

Whatever Grim. Again, you bitch out because the kids in the car. I evaluate it and try and follow. If you think that I would endanger my kids or anyone elses in that process you are out of your mind.

Whatever Grim. Again, you bitch out because the kids in the car. I evaluate it and try and follow. If you think that I would endanger my kids or anyone elses in that process you are out of your mind.
    You irresponsible mothertrack....
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

You irresponsible mothertrack....
    Yeah, thats me.

I take my kids lives seriously but im just not able to easily pass something like this off.

I didnt say I would pull out my gun and shoot him. I didnt say that I would "protect" them by slamming on my brakes or speeding up.

I said that I would evaluate the situation and go from there. My first thought is that if I could follow him, I would have.

To each their own.

Gold Member

Fuck weed too, hate that shit. I'm just saying man, there's nothing wrong with walking away. I know most of us wish at some point in our lives that we would've done that instead of trying to prove an unecessary point
    Hey dint you bash weed like that.

Hey dint you bash weed like that.
    This is Murrrica and I do/say what I want mawfawka! I pay my taxes
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Gold Member

Hey that plant saves millions of lives every second.

Wait...so if its me and my kid is in the car it's "bitching out"? but if its you and your kid is in the car with you, you are going to keep a "safe distance" . So you just actively said you would put your kids in harms way, regardless of your last sentence, otherwise you just contradicted the shit out of yourself.

Do you proof read before you click that submit button?

I mean Ive met you too Ej but you have this super bad ass internet appearance you are trying to put off, and yet sure the hell doesn't seem like that in person. What are you trying to gain?

lets play a game shall we Ej? Joker said when they followed him from a "safe" distance onto the exit ramp "much like you would have" he then pulled over in which they then took off.

So Ej you do the same thing except in this scenario once he pulls over he gets out and starts blasting your car before you can get past him, now either you could get hit, your kid, or the passenger. Guess I could see how you came out on top of that scenario.

Let me know how Mr. navy Seal wannabe works out for you, but then again this is just the internet so I wont hold my breath for you.

yes from starving to death....

Fuck that plant
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1