Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Bike Kings Meet Sunday April 28th

Gold Member

Re: Bike Kings Meet Sunday April 28th

Quote Originally Posted by Bikekings View Post

If you came you know you it was a good time. Red Bull came out and sampled the event so everyone got free Wings for the Ride. And Monster was also there filming. Go ahead hate all you want cause guess what our events are epic!
    Where's the video??

If you came you know you it was a good time. Red Bull came out and sampled the event so everyone got free Wings for the Ride. And Monster was also there filming. Go ahead hate all you want cause guess what our events are epic!
    Yea cops didn't say anything bad, just said they showed up. People leaving their redbull cans everywhere was "cool" though.

And here's the rider that went down:

http://kdvr.com/2013/04/28/traffic-a...lanes-of-i-25/

Board Newbie

Agreed.... Cheers

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I guess that those two yo-yo's in the bottom left of the picture need to get their 'wings' by looking into the sun! Fun crowd! I wanna ride with you guys!
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Yeah the cops got a little heated about the trash but after the ride we all met back up at the spot and cleaned up.

^ You guys gonna do a ride west of the great City of Boulder anytime soon ?

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Yeah the cops got a little heated about the trash but after the ride we all met back up at the spot and cleaned up.
    I'm not here to judge, but I make my kids clean up their messes before they go do something fun, rather than rely on them to do it when they get back.

I'm glad you decided it was worth it to go clean up, but the fact that it went down like that in the first place, is pretty dodgy.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

That looks like a good turnout, I will have to show up for one of these this summer
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

Still trying to figure out what this clubs goal is other than selling t-shirts and stickers. Or getting to know the local cops and paramedics.

Heard the rider was in the right and a older lady in a cage swiped into him hope he heals up quickly

how could you not see 100 bikes
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Still trying to figure out what this clubs goal is other than selling t-shirts and stickers. Or getting to know the local cops and paramedics.
    I think it's just a club to meet new bikers and for those that enjoy group riding more. Just as CSC enjoys smaller groups and canyons.

Agreed very fun had a good time. If your not down with it then

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    The point is that these "groups" are putting an image towards the riders who don't go into the canyons and frankly it is not a positive image. At least in the mountains the cops already know what we are up to and they almost never setup in the canyons themselves to stop us, they sit in the towns to catch the people who don't want to slow down at all. They haven't been giving anyone a hard time thus far and even the cagers so far have been moving over pretty quickly for us. That is our image in the mountains not on the interstate or on the public roads. So now we have the "bike kings" that wants to organize over 100 bikes to loiter in a spot setup races on the public roads and go tearing down I-25 while doing wheelies which not only pisses the cops off but pisses the cagers off too. So now we will have not only the cops messing with us and be more reluctant to pull us over thanks to this group but the cagers will develop more of a hatred towards us than they already have which poses more of a danger. If this group were doing "meets" More like the CSC where either everyone goes to a restaurant that hosts the gathering and raffles off prizes or washes the bikes, or better yet a canyon ride where everyone has a good time nobody gets arrested or gets into a fist fight and what not that's fine and I don't bash those because nobody is acting like and idiot and trying to gather a crap load of riders to go do stupid shit. Maybe it's me but I didn't think the CSC endorsed this kind of stuff as its doesn't paint a positive image for the club either. So I have my own way of trying to get this guy to go away by being a dick, not the best way perhaps but oh we'll. this is purely my opinion and nobody else's you either agree or disagree and that's fine. If I'm being that much of a hassle or I am that wrong then the mods can ban me.
    Go to the top of mount evens an just stay up there do us all a favor