Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alimony should be banned....forever.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Alimony should be banned....forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    And for the record -- this statement explains loads.
    ....about your Prozac-fueled stupor.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by koop View Post
    A divorce attorney told me once that when it comes to divorce the first question out of a women's mouth is "where is the money?" and the first question out of a man's mouth is "who's she fucking?".
    The answer to the last question is: YOU!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    I've grown up with many friends that have ALL been royally screwed by wives in a divorce. Many who's kid(s) got taken to another state even! I think that's just heartbreaking and cruel, and when they shack up with a new dude, while my guy friends have to continue paying, that's just fucking epic bullshit, imo. So I see where Frank is coming from, many times over. One guy I knew made over $100k a year as a Unix developer, his wife suddenly decided she wanted out, got a good lawyer and fucked him over, even moving in with another guy. He could barely afford a cellphone after that debacle. Had to pay her HUGE alimony for 5+ years. And he was a GOOD father and husband, doing everything for her and the kid, the entire time.

BUT, just recently I got the story from a girl/friend about why she disappeared for a year during her catastrophic divorce. Let me tell you that SHE got so fucked because SHE was the breadwinner. Her X got an expensive lawyer, then planned ahead of time and prepared, then basically ruined her life, took the house, took the kid even, etc. The judge was a complete douche (with an axe to grind against women?), she couldn't afford the Hollywood-level of lawyer he had, and was much too nice a person. I feel horrible for her because she's a sweet angel who wouldn't hurt a fly. Now after doing all the work in the family basically, she's $90k in debt, had to liquidate most of her 401k, ugh. There's a special place in hell for that clown.

LMAO! That's funny, I think I might hide food from my wiff someday too, I love good food. That was a great entire post too, all of it, about communication, and the consequences of lacking it.

Same with Clovis-Justin's big post, thanks for sharing man! Definitely a learning experience seeing both angles.
    That's a very unusual case. 1 out of thousands, if not tens of thousands. Most times, the male makes more, affecting alimony and child support. Also, a lawyer told my friend, that even if you can prove she's a crack-whore they will never take the kids form her, but all she has to do is CLAIM abuse on your part and you get your kids taken away. I've seen that happen in almost every men's case I've looked at. It's fucking bullshit. And then there is the abuse of civil rights, and your 4th amendment rights against search and seizure that the child support enforcement people will perform on you. It's a nightmare from start to finish......

I had to go pro se since I had no $$ for a lawyer, while she wasted over $25k on lawyers and PRE fees, that could have been better spent on my daughter's future college education......

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    ....about your Prozac-fueled stupor.
    You have no fucking clue as to what you are talking about. I will say this, I wouldn't wish what you are going through on my worst enemy. But, let me make it perfectly clear, I don't regret that it's happening to you whatsoevah. You reap what you sow. #tiredoffranksbitchingaboutdivorce.com
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I still want to hear her side of the story. Just message her this link if you think her side was so unfair to you and prove it...

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I still want to hear her side of the story. Just message her this link if you think her side was so unfair to you and prove it...
    I think he called her a wetback on his way out the door.

That would answer allot of questions we have about Frank.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    That would answer allot of questions we have about Frank.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

And I thought I was bitter after I got divorced.

Now I'm just enjoying my mid life crisis. To bad I can't afford a hot rod with what I pay in "maintenance" and child support.

Gold Member

Wow you guys are really letting frank have it. Reminds me of high school. Lol.

Frank dint worry the ones giving you the majority of the shit are fucking pussys anyways. Their girls are probably fucking the someone else right now.

I wish someone would fuck my ex. Then maybe she'd be done fucking me.

You guys should just start fucking dudes.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    You guys should just start fucking dudes.
    Are you giving the invite? I like to cuddle.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Actually, you don't know fuck all, as I explained before.

I think you deserve to be ass-raped in divorce court so you can feel it too. I hope your soon to be X takes your kids, drags you thru the legal system, lies in court, files endless motions, and prevents you from seeing your kids, forcing you to spend thousands of dollars and untold free time fighting bullshit. I hope your kids get taken away from you because of your X's lies, and forces you to fight against overwhelming odds just to clear your name and get them back. That's the only way you'll ever be able to pull your head out of your ass and see what's happening.

Normally, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but you "deserve" it.

And, for the record, NOBODY deserves to have a malicious bitch use a biased system against men. Well, nobody except this ignorant asshole.
    To the courts of public opinion, I would like to submit the above statement as exhibit "B" and further showing Frank's lovely marriage ready personality.

#tiredoffranksbitchingaboutdivorce.com

Dude, when are you going to quit allowing this shit to consume you?
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

This thread is beyond fucking epic lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    This thread is beyond fucking epic lol
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Gold Member

Guess he doesn't want to cuddle. I was even going to be the inside spoon. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Great post man

As funny as it sounds it did touch my heart. I went through a similar issue growing up and my dad walked out when I was 3 and didn't hear much of him till I got older; and of course no child support. Wasn't till I was 18 that we really got to know each other and now we have a good relationship. But like you said it made me fear ever getting divorced because I vowed to never do that to my kid (if I ever have one). The pain and hurt I saw growing up with no father was hard and I never wanted to do that. It's why when my first marriage ended it was devastating (and not really my idea). It was the hardest thing I ever went through because I felt like such a failure. Luckily I didn't have kids but we were trying.

Then your struggle when the economy went bad really made me see how having that good wife by your side during that time really helped you through it; not just financially like you said but just having someone by your side. I think this is a lot what a good marriage is; nobody is better, you work with each other as a team regardless of income. Like what happened to you, you could make a lot of money, but then hard times hit and she stayed by your side!

Also love the idea that you are going to marriage counseling just to better your marriage and not because of a problem. More couples need to do this and I am going to talk to my girl about doing that. Luckily we have great communication, but it could never hurt to get better.

Thanks man. A marriage isn't just about two people who get along or are even in love with one another. It's about building a life and a family together. Even the best marriages have their rough patches and I'm sure we'll have more in the future.

But we're fully committed to each other. Before we got married, we went through per-marriage counseling. I think it was a requirement of the church to be honest but it probably helped We both agreed that there was no such thing as divorce. Failure is not an option.

In the 10+ years we have been together, we've both grown and evolved but we've done it together.

I can't empahsise enough how important having a partner is, especially in the hard times. It means you never have to go through life alone.

On that note it's also important to give each other their space. Mrs. Clovis is incredibly understanding and lets me take off nearly every weekend during the riding season and go off for 2-3 day trips without much of a fuss. She in turn goes to Fort Collins (her home town and where her family lives) at least once per month.

For our annivsary last year we took a 3 day motorcycle trip to Mesa Verde and back. We hit an oil/sand/mud slick and went sliding while cruising at 70+ mph.

We were both in full leathers. We picked up the bike and continued on, stopping in Durango that night to replace a foot peg. Despite the crash, that was my most memorable motorcycle adventure because I got to share it with my wife. She's the sole reason I bought a FJR. I wanted a bike big enough for 2 up riding the 500+ mile days I like to do.

A successful marriage (IMO) involved a fair amount of luck (in not marrying a psychopath... pro tip, don't marry girls you met at a bar or 'da club'!) but commitment and trust to each other more then anything else.

I won't argue that many people, men and woman, have gotten utterly roasted in a divorce, but don't let that scare you off from the chance of a life time.

Choose wisely.

Justin
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Townie how many times have you been married?

Gold Member

None. Two long term relationships about six years each. I already know why I'm single. I'm retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    None. Two long term relationships about six years each. I already know why I'm single. I'm retarded.
    Shocking considering your high will to always want to cuddle..........with men.

You sure it's not just because gay marriage isn't legal?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Shocking considering your high will to always want to cuddle..........with men.

You sure it's not just because gay marriage isn't legal?

Maybe I just like to cuddle and play with nips.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post

I have all the confidence in the world you'll find a Tranny out there in your neck of the woods to hook up with and live out your HIV riddled lives together
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    I have all the confidence in the world you'll find a Tranny out there in your neck of the woods to hook up with and live out your HIV riddled lives together
    LOL!