Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why you wear boots when riding.....

This is why you wear boots when riding.....

Re: This is why you wear boots when riding.....

i dont think your fooot is suposed to bend that way
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

Gear is overrated. Who needs that stuff.
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

I can't see the problem. he still has one good foot.

That was NASTY!!
    2000 Honda RC51

Good thing they knew to elevate his leg. I hope they didn't have to "take it" at the hospital. I've seen worse but only in photos.

Georgia Peaches are always sweeter

R.I.P Gene 502
    You are missed

ouch, I have never seen a foot bent that way

That looks nasty. Seems to me as the level or risk increases, the the level of protection should as well. You maybe able to get away with no helmet or protection riding a Harley around town slowly and carefully, it will still hurt bad if you go down but less likely you go down but if you are going to go to a track day, they require you to have leathers, why? Because the likely hood of you going down is higher and the injuries greater at higher speed.

People trying new stunts they have never tried before or stunts like stoppies or high chairs where the chances of an accident go way up, it would seem people would increase protection over tshirt and tennis shoes.

Standing on your seat and falling off or even a wheelie generally you fall and the bike is goes away from you, with stoppies and highchairs, the bike rolls over on you, crushes you, or runs you over, you would think that would make some wear some body armor, boots, leathers knee pads. But obviously not for these guys, they are doing this in on a city street. I wonder how fast you can stop if a car pulls out of a driveway and your are in the wheel chair position?
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

Gold Member

please.... i know im on ignore but you have no idea what you are talking about.... i wanna see you throw on some boots and stand on the tank....

i wanna see you try to stand on the bike when you have no leg.

Here we go -
    Last edited by iam4u2nv; Tue Sep 18th, 2007 at 04:45 PM.

In HS, I was jumping on a trampoline with a girl whose ankle did something similar. Her's was the opposite way. Bottom of her foot stuck facing the inside of her left leg....not pretty.

-- We all used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off to go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some whore he picked up in town...

Quote Originally Posted by smobag";p="235430
    i wanna see you try to stand on the bike when you have no leg.
    Yep, but he is still cool, if they can't attach his foot back on he will do the stunts with one foot. Or he will get a prostisis and do the trick. If you can do it with one foot or a prostisis, then you could probably do it with some sort of boot on and leather protection. I wonder if this guy has insurance to cover his injuries? If he loses his foot, what kind of job is he gonna get? (He won't be getting a job using his brain, if he used his brain, he would have worn more than a tshirt and tennis shoes) He will probably be a welfare and social security recipient. It's not about beating up other people posts, it is about minimizing damage when you are going to do high risk stunts.

Gold Member

o please... rich please tell us again about how you created the world in 7 days.... you guys are getting so guy its un-real.... "o man if you dont wear your boots your going to end up on welfare" please just becouse a guy doesnt wear boots..... RICH... bye the way i have NEVER seen you in full gear..... o wait the last time i seen you ride you didnt even have a jacket on..... so STFU

he shoots, he scores! \o/
    Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie";p="235496
    o please... rich please tell us again about how you created the world in 7 days.... you guys are getting so guy its un-real.... "o man if you dont wear your boots your going to end up on welfare" please just becouse a guy doesnt wear boots..... RICH... bye the way i have NEVER seen you in full gear..... o wait the last time i seen you ride you didnt even have a jacket on..... so STFU
    Last edited by iam4u2nv; Tue Sep 18th, 2007 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iam4u2nv";p="235512
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie";p="235496
    I have been ignoring Townie, so now Josh has to try to stir it up by quoting him.

I almost always wear my jacket. But when I don't wear my jacket I am not trying to do high chairs either. If I were going to learn how to stunt, I would buy equipment to minimize damage. The other way I minimize risk as you have pointed out before is to ride slow. I ride slow and am careful. And when I wheelie (which I have reduced to a rare occasion on my street bike) it is up in the mountains away from cars.

I have never told you I created the world, I never told you you had to wear gear and I don't think government should be able to force you to wear it either. I never promised you a rose garden. I am not happy this guy went down. I just think if you are going to do stunts, it is probably a good idea to wear more that t-shirt and tennis shoes. If this guy had boots he may only have a broken ankle. If you can't understand that logic, you are lost.

And by the way, I believe the last time I seen you was at the Dublin house and we stopped by shell. It rain and I was wearing my jacket.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    i invented pants
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

i invented sliced bread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

Yeah but my pants are better than your pants.
    Mine come from a conservative christian owned factory, high atop Mt. Soapbox, where all of the workers have every benefit so they wont be a drain on the others like those low lifes who work hard just to afford to live, and the pants are above any and all safety issues because they dont fall into the same catagory as other pants. They are the best because even though they look the same, and do the same things as other pants they are a class above - they are "special"..

Quote Originally Posted by wick...ed";p="235523
    i invented pants

LOL, I invented the internet!
    Abba Zabba, you my only friend.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    I invented insulting Rich.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="235636
    Are you sure about that? R1ch, ruling please

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller";p="235641
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="235636
    Are you sure about that? R1ch, ruling please
    While Barn has been doing a better job insulting me more lately, I have to say Bueller probably was the inventor.