Thread: Ok, so, the Jet's are complete and utter assholes...

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Ok, so, the Jet's are complete and utter assholes...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--wh...152540803.html

"Off goes Tim Tebow, the player they pursued hard but never really wanted. They shamed him for their own lousy judgment, showing him on Monday just how disgusted they were. Perhaps they are right – Tim Tebow might not be an NFL player. At least not a quarterback. But they could have done a lot better than kick him in the face on a day when they should be wiping the mud from their own."
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Re: Ok, so, the Jet's are complete and utter assholes...

Typical new york treatment dude, all about the glamour and being posers. Fuck them, they'll get theirs for stepping on him the way they did. Rex Ryan is a real class act, what a fucking clown.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Fuck the Jets, what a bunch of assholes, I hope they have a shitbag season like Rex Ryan deserves.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Tue Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:22 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

While it was a dick move on the Jets part, Tim only has himself to blame for this. He was drafted as a QB and he plain and simple CANNOT PERFORM. Tim isn't going to do anywhere unless he either changes positions or learns to actually throw the ball. **steps down from the soapbox**
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

I've hated that organization for a long time. And Rex Ryan is a fucking moron. His ridiculous coaching decisions contributed a lot to both Tebow and Sanchez's decline. Sanchez has no confidence and the few times he was on a short hot streak last season, Ryan would bench him and put Tebow in for a pointless play. And how the finger isn't being pointed at him for the pile of shit that the team has turned into over the last few years is BEYOND me!

I better stop now before this becomes an EPIC rant lol.

The Jets gave him permission to talk to other teams regarding trades over the off season. No takers. The Jets couldn't trade him for a 7th round pick. What the heck are they supposed to do? Take him to dinner and give him the "it's not you, it's me" speech?

Tebow isn't an unknown. He's one of the most scrutinized players in the league. It doesn't matter if they cut him at the end of the season, now or in training camp. Every team knows him and nobody wants him.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koop View Post
    Tebow isn't an unknown. He's one of the most scrutinized players in the league. It doesn't matter if they cut him at the end of the season, now or in training camp. Every team knows him and nobody wants him.
    They just don't know Jesus...
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Bottom line. It's a business!! I'm not going to feel sorry for a millionaire who makes money playing a sport. I'm sure he'll be just fine in life......He'll probably make millions more public speaking about jeezuz in the long run than he would in football anyhow.

Halluhlooyuh
    2006 R1 "Raven"

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbie303 View Post
    While it was a dick move on the Jets part, Tim only has himself to blame for this. He was drafted as a QB and he plain and simple CANNOT PERFORM. Tim isn't going to do anywhere unless he either changes positions or learns to actually throw the ball. **steps down from the soapbox**
    Ok when the coach calls run, run oh crap 3rd and 12 pass, how much success is he going to have? He can't throw?? Then how did he get all these records?

He was the SEC's all-time leader in career passing efficiency (170., completion percentage (67.1%), passing touchdown to interception ratio (5.5 to 1). I know it's in college but this is the SEC.

He still has a better playoff record than Peyton as a Bronco.
    Last edited by mxer; Tue Apr 30th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.

They treated him like shit from the start. Like, their OTHER QB's are any better? This was just shit, and I hope the Jets have losing seasons for the next 10 years for this. Fuck 'em.

Yes, he's not the best passer in the world, maybe not the best QB either, but he DID take us to a win in the playoffs, for a LOT less money than Manning. That pass that won it against the Steelers was EPIC.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    He still has a better playoff record than Peyton as a Bronco.
    Apples & oranges, that's a silly comparo. If he was still a Bronco we would've had a shitbag season compared to what we did have which was awesome. Regardless of last years playoffs.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbie303 View Post
    He was drafted as a QB and he plain and simple CANNOT PERFORM.
    I would say that he cannot perform as a traditional dropback quarterback and any attempt to make him that will fail (as it did in Denver before the coaching staff decided to tune the offense to his strengths). I have said it here before, with the right coaching staff, he could present quite a tricky player to defend with all of these defenses tuned to stop dropback passing offenses. Fox would have done that but Elway clearly wasn't going to let it happen. It's good to see players like RGIII, Kaepernick, and Wilson being coached by guys who are willing to make the system fit the player and not vice versa.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by koop View Post
    The Jets gave him permission to talk to other teams regarding trades over the off season. No takers. The Jets couldn't trade him for a 7th round pick. What the heck are they supposed to do? Take him to dinner and give him the "it's not you, it's me" speech?

Id say they shouldnt have started this process in the first place. They blew the shit out of him and his family essentially "winning" him from his home town Jacksonville (where they would have supported the shit out of him).

You have to be crazy to think that if the Jets were honest and telling him that they were going to only play him in 77 plays and that they would shove a broom stick up his ass the Monday following the draft, there is no way Tebow would have chosen to go there.

Inherited the Jets from my dad unfortunately and have been pulling for them to get their shit together for some time now but this is really a disgrace to them and their fans. I get that business is business and maybe the Jets did have their hands tied but I think that there were a handful of other options that they could have chosen that wouldnt have lead them down this path.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

ok so everyone always asks me about tebow...being a lonnnng time Gator fan and playing college football...whats his hype??...

my 2 cents- he doesnt throw great...its not bad but not on par with nfl Qbs thats for sure...but he CAN throw a football....and he can run well, that everyone knows....but his one greatest asset is that he knows jesus...ok im kidding.... his greatest asset is that he WINS....i watched every game when he was at Florida, and he would find a way to win and he plays with all his heart....give me a player with heart and a will to win and ill take him any day....

that being said the NFL is a business and they run it like one...the Jets are dumb and i think tebow could play somewhere but no one will give him a chance...because he doesn't play QB up to "nfl" standards....theres a reason he set records in florida in high school and in college....
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left that I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."

RIDES:
    2011 GSXR 750(track)

2007 GSXR 600(street)stolen

2005 GSXR 600(track)

2005 Honda 600rr(track)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I would say that he cannot perform as a traditional dropback quarterback and any attempt to make him that will fail (as it did in Denver before the coaching staff decided to tune the offense to his strengths). I have said it here before, with the right coaching staff, he could present quite a tricky player to defend with all of these defenses tuned to stop dropback passing offenses. Fox would have done that but Elway clearly wasn't going to let it happen. It's good to see players like RGIII, Kaepernick, and Wilson being coached by guys who are willing to make the system fit the player and not vice versa.
    Totally agree.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    amen...well said
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left that I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."

RIDES:
    2011 GSXR 750(track)

2007 GSXR 600(street)stolen

2005 GSXR 600(track)

2005 Honda 600rr(track)