Thread: Question about the West Side

Question about the West Side

Hi,

I am riding my bike from Denver to Salt Lake City, Ut this May. I had never been out that way on the bike or the car so I am wondering how some roads are in that area.

I am thinking of taking 70E till Green River and then turning onto 191/6 all the way to Springville/Provo.

The road looks solid, but not all sections are available in closeup on google maps so I am not sure.

Can anybody make any suggestions or comments?
    Thanks

And if anybody want to join me for the partial run on the 70E its cool too.

Gold Member

Re: Question about the West Side

I'm in Provo right now. I have done this very ride a few times. If you are looking for twisting roads its going to be a bit lacking. Its a ride. Lots of time to just play in your head. The roads right now are okay. There is some damage here and there from the plows and just basic winter damage.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    I'm in Provo right now. I have done this very ride a few times. If you are looking for twisting roads its going to be a bit lacking. Its a ride. Lots of time to just play in your head. The roads right now are okay. There is some damage here and there from the plows and just basic winter damage.
    Not looking for the twisties... its really a commute for me as I am working in SLC this summer and want to ride my bike while I am there. Just want to make sure 191/6 is in motorcycle safe condition. I don't want come across unpaved or messed up section.

only gone in the car Long strips of nothingness make sure you have a small thing to carry a lil bit of gas a few stretches get close if you go the route you have up i have done that route before
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    only gone in the car Long strips of nothingness make sure you have a small thing to carry a lil bit of gas a few stretches get close if you go the route you have up i have done that route before
    Having my wife driving along in her car to keep me company and carry everything.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadline View Post
    Not looking for the twisties... its really a commute for me as I am working in SLC this summer and want to ride my bike while I am there. Just want to make sure 191/6 is in motorcycle safe condition. I don't want come across unpaved or messed up section.
    Yeah its good bro. If you are looking for scenic areas north of slc just outside of Ogden is very nice. I have some pics of these areas. I will post them in the morning. Shouldn't have to worry about fuel. Fill up in grand junction and you are good to slc. There are plenty of truck stops out here. There is some truly awesome beauty out here to soak up and the sunsets are amazing.

good. I will be bringing my camera along with my wide angle lens.