Thread: Yet another CO Powersports experience...

Yet another CO Powersports experience...

So I call the place, to see if they have any Arai Corsairs in size S or XS, because the guy at Sun said CO Powersports had just gotten a big shipment.

The kid behind the counter answers the phone like he is sitting in his freshmen dorm room. "Whassup?" I ask him if he has what I am looking for. Puts me on hold for about 20 minutes, then comes back. "Sorry bro, don't have it. It will be $720 to order one."

WTF???? Even if I wanted a replica helmet, the MSRP is less than $700. How do they stay in buisness? Are there that many people who will go there just because it is the closest dealer?

Hint: If we get 12 people together, Metro Powersports can do a group buy on Arai and get them dirt cheap...

Board Newbie

Re: Yet another CO Powersports experience...

Quote Originally Posted by RockyR6
    The kid behind the counter answers the phone like he is sitting in his freshmen dorm room. "Whassup?"
    I think I would have hung up the phone at that point.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Hint: If we get 12 people together, Metro Powersports can do a group buy on Arai and get them dirt cheap...
    REALLY? Hmmm...
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

And yeah, CO powersports lost all my business yesterday. Went in to get an oil filter. I use OEM just so the warranty people have nothing to bitch about if I have a problem.

A couple months ago I paid 13 bucks for the filter. Yesterdays price, 18.99!! For a damn oil filter! When I asked the guy about it he said they have always been that price. I told him I had the receipt for my last one and could prove it and he just shrugged. I need to find another parts source.
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    I swear - if it wasn't for the fact that I actually really LIKE Erico and the way they treat me over there (it helps I have a pair of riding friends working there too)... when I win Powerball in the near future (note my confidence) I'd open a cycle shop just to put places like CO Powersports and Fay F'kers out of business once and for all.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Jay011fzy
    And yeah, CO powersports lost all my business yesterday. Went in to get an oil filter. I use OEM just so the warranty people have nothing to bitch about if I have a problem.

A couple months ago I paid 13 bucks for the filter. Yesterdays price, 18.99!! For a damn oil filter! When I asked the guy about it he said they have always been that price. I told him I had the receipt for my last one and could prove it and he just shrugged. I need to find another parts source.
    I have the same filter for $7.18, with CSC discount $6.46. I mean the same filter. The manufacturers dont make filters. They get them from the same place, repackage them and jack the price. I get them before all those bad things happen.

After last weekend I may need one.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by metropowersports
    After last weekend I may need one.

Sean
    I wear Arai and need a spare. I'd be in on the group buy, for sure.
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Quote Originally Posted by metropowersports
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay011fzy

I have the same filter for $7.18, with CSC discount $6.46. I mean the same filter. The manufacturers dont make filters. They get them from the same place, repackage them and jack the price. I get them before all those bad things happen.
    You'll be seeing me next time I need a filter. Thanks for the info.
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

Sean,
    Do you have any Corsairs in SM or XS??? I really want to try one on.

I have been wearing Quantums for years, and it is time to replace my helmet and was wondering about the fit.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyR6
    Sean,
    Do you have any Corsairs in SM or XS??? I really want to try one on.

I have been wearing Quantums for years, and it is time to replace my helmet and was wondering about the fit.
    Sorry, I do not have any in stock. Arai is strict on how their helmet is sold. Even if you have ordered from them before it doesent matter. With their new program you have to do a 12 helmet "first" order to be able to sell them again.

Group Buy......... hint hint to everyone.

Cheap Arai Helmets

I just got the wife a new 2003 Arai Signet GTR for $370 delivered. It took about 10 days. The dude I got it from has a small business out of his house. It took about 10 days, but the wait was worth the savings. If you want to contact him his email is brad.johnston@sbcglobal.net. Email him with your needs and he will get you a price.
    2003 Triumph E85 Ethanol Powered

hmmmm........ after my trick dismount in am gto I need a new helmet too I might have to see how the arai fits my melon
    Bryce Random racing #814

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick636

I hadd the same experience. Went to get a filter.....$19!!! Stupid me, I bought it anyway. Then I went to Twin Peaks here by where I work...$14. I DID get a smoking deal on my fiance's new Arai helmet...although it had been ordered for someone else, and it was a color and size nobody wanted....but it fit her perfect so we bought it. But, I don't think I'll be buying anything else from them.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)